Author's Chapter Notes:
Another great betaing job done by Sallyntmare. Sorry it's being put up so late. I had a horribly busy day today and tomorrow will be just as busy so a 12:30 AM update is the best I could do! Hope you guys enjoy it!

Chapter 14: Change in Plans



Buffy was still on cloud nine when she woke up in the morning. Her time with William had gone very well. She was still excited about it.

She breezed into the shower and took a little extra time scrubbing her skin to ensure that she smelt of vanilla. She hummed as she got out and wrapped herself in a towel, then made her way to her closet; where she picked out a long black skirt with a slit up the side. It was daring yet flattering. Flipping through her closet, she found the perfect top for the black skirt. It was a lacy hot pink top. The lacy hot pink top had lacy sleeves that went all the way from her wrist to her shoulders and the actual shirt was made of a silk material. The lace also covered this silk material giving her a breezy shirt yet something appropriate for school. She was so excited to find this shirt in her wardrobe as she had nothing like it where she came from.

After she slipped on her skirt and top, she pulled her hair back in a black ribbon to keep the hair from her face. On her way out of her bedroom she glanced at herself in the mirror. She grinned; satisfied with herself and the way she looked.

With a skip, she rushed down the stairs, grabbing the plate of eggs and bacon from her Mother. She barely managed to sit down, before she was already shoveling the food into her mouth. She quickly ate her food, because the quicker she ate, the quicker she got to school.

In a matter of minutes she was finished and hummed the same tune as earlier as she rinsed her plate off.

“You seem happy this morning and look nice again. Any reason why?” Dawn teased and peered at her as she started singing the song again, “Buffy and William sitting in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G…”

Buffy grinned, “Justin and Dawn sitting in a car, K-I-S-S-I-N-G.”

Dawn gasped and started to run out the door shouting, “If anyone needs the 15 year old, I’ll be alone in the car.”
Buffy laughed, and then gave her Mother a kiss on the cheek.

“I love my life,“ she grinned, causing Joyce to laugh as she watched her happy daughters leave for school


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Buffy’s morning flew by. One class after another kept her so busy she thought her head would spin out of control. She still didn’t understand what was going on in some of her classes, but she knew enough to squeak by.

She got assigned math homework tonight, but tonight was already such a busy night.

Tonight, Dawn was allowed to go to Janice’s birthday party, so Buffy would be the one to bring Dawn there first, then it was a ‘Bronze Party Night’ and she hoped to get time with William again. She was determined to fall in love with him, at least a fraction of what she felt for Spike. She just had to make this new life work and he seemed to be the key.

She ate her lunch with, Willow, but she might as well have been alone. Willow had her lap top open and was chatting with the internet world, not Buffy. She guessed it was okay though, because she didn’t want her friend to notice her perfect happy mood; it would lead to awkward questions that she wasn’t ready to answer yet. She had to admit though she was more than a little frustrated at the fact that Willow wasn't even trying to pretend that she wasn't addicted. Buffy remembered how hard they had worked towards getting Willow out of magic back where she came from but here Willow had lost Tara and didn't seem to want to do anything about it.

Buffy paused in her thinking to head to her next class with Tara and William. Tara was sitting in her seat taking notes as was William but she had to admit, her mind was not on math at all. She was too busy thinking about Willow and Tara and how sad Tara looked in her class. Having Willow not try anything to get Tara back including quit the internet was not the side of Willow Buffy knew.

It was a different side of Willow than Buffy was used to. If Buffy sat and thought about it for longer than a minute, she would have to admit it angered her a little to see how much she wasn't trying. What good is love if you were just going to throw it away. Just as she was about to focus on that, Buffy's mind snapped back to her and Spike and how she was willing to just throw it away back where she came from. She had hidden it away as a secret. She had avoided everything to do with the relationship, denied even having one and above all just plain tried to wish it away. She had hoped if the relationship went away so would the feelings. She sighed as she had to admit that didn't work. Not even having William here trying to have a relationship with her helped.

So while leaving the relationship die due to you being addicted to something else doesn't work since relationships don't seem to do well when shared with something else you love, relationships kept in the dark die as well. Had Buffy been wrong to be as against the relationship with Spike as she had been?

Buffy hadn’t dealt with those types of questions, even back in Sunnydale either. Well, back home, well, back where she came from. She liked that description of it. So back where she came from, she hadn’t told anyone but, Tara that she and Spike were together. Perhaps here, she’d get practice telling others about her relationship only not with Spike but with William, although her family already knew.

Back where she came from, her mom would have probably accepted Spike, openly, since she had always liked him. Dawn adored him already, even back where she came from.

The class seemed shorter than normal but perhaps it was because she was lost in thought the entire time. Buffy let out a deep sigh, partially in relief and partially at herself for not paying attention the entire class, as she heard the teacher announce, “Math homework is due on Monday. Have a great weekend and see you on Monday!”

She collected her items meeting up with Willow in the hallway, who was staring past her towards, Tara.

She wished she could help them get back together, but knew the Internet was a huge part of Willow’s life; much like magic had been for the other Willow. A lot of changes would have to occur for their relationship to work out. Tara was doing the right thing, even if it hurt.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Buffy walked across campus with Willow by her side, deep in thought. She saw, William, briefly in class, but he sat in his usual corner and was very much into the lecture that he never glanced over at her. She was certain that she would see him tonight, though. She wished that he would visit her, at the Bronze, like Spike often did. She knew that wish was futile, as it wasn’t his style. Just another part of Spike that was lost forever.

She straightened up as she turned towards Willow, “Bronze tonight, right?”

“Yea. I think Tara is coming this time. I talked to her earlier about it. She didn’t say no…that’s a good sign right?” Willow wondered, a frown on her face.

“Don’t bring the computer and you might have a good chance at spending some time with her.” Buffy smiled.
Willow glanced down at her laptop bag then back up at Buffy.

“You think so?” she said, a hint of worry in her tone.

Buffy bit her lower lip but nodded just the same, “Yes, I do think so. It’s hard to spend quality time with someone who’s distracted, and the laptop, no matter how much you protest it doesn't, distracts you. You forget anyone is in the room with you and tend to only share what is going on with the screen in front of you, instead of really focusing on the person. You want Tara back, you need to show her she’s number one and she means more to you than anyone else on the net.”

Willow frowned as she sighed, “I guess. Well I’ll see you tonight. I’d better go finish my paper.”

Buffy hoped something got through to the redhead, but didn’t think so, because Willow ran off, into the computer lab. Addictions were hard to give up, but sometimes necessary to function in and out of relationships.

She opened her car door and climbed in, then headed towards Dawn’s school. She knew that she would probably need to take, Dawn out to get, Janice a birthday gift.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@



Sure enough, an hour and half later, Dawn climbed out of the passenger seat, talking happily about the gift she had bought for Janice from the mall, with Buffy’s help. It was a pampering bubble bath kit. It had a soft sponge, bubble bath scents that varied and a few bath beads. Buffy thought it made a great gift for a 16 year old, that wasn’t too expensive and besides what girl doesn’t love pampering?

Dawn was excited and announced loudly, “I just know Janice will love this! She’s always taking bubble baths while on the phone with others. She simply loves them and this is giving her the stuff to do it! Her mom will probably hate me because now she’ll spend more time in the bath trying to smell like chocolate covered cherries.”

Buffy laughed as she admired the wrapped gift. They had already wrapped it, and put it in a gift bag, covered in pink tissue paper, and topped of with a brightly colored party paper.

Dawn rushed up the stairs to change her outfit. After that, she was all ready to go. .

Dinner was already being fixed when Buffy entered the kitchen.

She took in a deep breath and grinned, “Mmm, is that ham I smell?”

Joyce smiled at her daughter, ruffling her hair slightly, “Ham steaks, stuffing, and carrots. How’s that sound?”

Buffy loved home cooked meals. She would never miss the food she used to eat in the old Sunnydale. That food was lousy and the food here was divine. She was getting so spoiled; it was a good thing Tara had agreed to start the gym with her on Monday.

“I’ve decided I’m going to join a gym, Mom. I need to work out and I don’t want to gain weight. I’ll bring Dawn home everyday after school, but then I’m heading back out, starting on Monday, to head to the gym,” she paused. “Is that ok with you?”

“That’s fine,“ Joyce smiled. “Is anyone going to join with you?”

“Yeah, Tara is taking three days, Xander two, leaving me with two more days to find someone to go with,“ Buffy frowned slightly, “Willow wasn’t interested.”

Joyce turned towards the stove, stirring in the stuffing mix, “Willow was never athletic dear. She is smart but not very sport orientated. Don’t blame her for her flaws, Sweetie.”

Buffy shook her head, “Oh, I wasn’t. I just wanted someone to work out with me each day so I wasn’t alone. The gym on campus is kind of big and I’d feel better if someone was with me so I don’t get lost. I’m excited about it though. Oh and tonight is a party at the Bronze. Willow and Xander are going and Tara might even show up,“ she paused to grin and bat her eyelashes at her Mother, “Can I go?”

Joyce smiled as she handed Buffy some plates to set the table with.

“You can go, as long as your homework is done. Did you get much homework?” Joyce asked.

Buffy shook her head, “No. Art starts a new project on Tuesday. Math is due on Monday, but I need either Tara or William’s help to finish that. The other classes required reading that I can do off and on this weekend so I should be set to go. Dawn has that party. You remembered right?”

Joyce handed Buffy some cups as she turned back towards the stove to carefully stir the stuffing.

“Yes, I remember. You be safe tonight. I’ll bring Dawn home so don’t worry about that.”

Buffy smiled, thinking that was good, because now she would have more time to meet with William.

She set the last of the table as her mom yelled out to Dawn, “Come and eat! You have to eat something before your party. I won’t have you looking like I never feed you.”

Dawn came down the stairs laughing, “I’m always hungry, though. Besides, she’ll have pizza, vegetables and dip, and cake! She always has lots of food for everyone.”

It was pointless to tell Dawn to not eat at other people’s houses, because she had a hollow leg, which even Buffy knew with the little knowledge she had of this, Dawn.

She sat down at the table just as Hank joined them, and everyone dug in. It was another night in the Summers home.