Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter for now. Again just a reminder this story is finished and I am looking for a beta to read through it for me before I post. Thanks!

Chapter 3: A Carefully Planned Rescue



Buffy got into her car and carefully pulled it from the parking lot onto the road. She tried to remember where she had found Dawn in her world when she was parked with Justin. After driving around for a bit checking out the local hunts, she remembered the place where everyone parks and hoped that was the place. She drove in a hurry while trying to carefully follow the traffic laws as to not to get pulled over on her first real day of driving, and quickly pulled into the place. She looked around but found it was empty.

She sighed and then spotted a guy sitting on a rock in the woods glancing up at the stars. Before she could stop herself, she crept slowly forward standing behind the tree that blocked her from his vision but yet allowed her to see him. Standing in the shadow she gazed on as he muttered to himself, “Buffy, puffy, stuffy, cuffy, duffy…”

He paused and then sighed, “What nice word rhymes with Buffy?”

Buffy was surprised realizing this was William and he must be composing a poem about her. She was tempted to sneak up further and spy but figured that wasn’t right and instead exclaimed, “William how would you like to go help me save Dawn?”

William looked nervous and stunned at the same time. After a moment's hesitation, he finally managed to ask, “Is she in trouble?”

Buffy nodded, “As always. She’s parked with a couple of vampires.”

William looked flabbergasted as he said in a solemn voice, “There is no such things as vampires Buffy, surely you know that. It’s a myth that little children are told by their parents so that they are afraid of the dark and the nighttime.”

Buffy studied his blue eyes under those glasses for a minute and realized he really believed that. She took a step in his direction and she repeated her offer, “So want to come with?”

William shook his head, “No I prefer to sit here and admire the view.”

Buffy sighed in frustration as she waved, “Fine see you later.”

William nodded in her direction and then looked back at the stars carefully hiding his writing from her view. She went back to the car muttering how she missed her sidekick Spike because she had to do it alone.


@}-’--, --’--, --’--, -{@




Buffy was determined to do it alone. She was the slayer after all. She got into her car and eased it out into the street carefully looking for Dawn. She sighed, as she felt no vamp tinglies. She realized she didn’t feel them around Liam or William either. She banged her hand trying to wake up from this weird dream but it was no use. Suddenly she noticed Janice and some boy she didn’t recognize sitting in a parked vehicle off the side of the road. Dawn was not in sight but Buffy knew that where Janice was, Dawn wasn’t too far away. Buffy jumped out of the car and Janice stood up looking nervous greeting her, “Hey Buffy.”

Buffy mostly tried to ignore her reaction demanding, “Where’s Dawn?”

Janice pointed into the woods and Buffy took off running. She had no stake but figured they were in the woods so getting a piece of wood would not be a problem. She raced towards Dawn’s voice and found Dawn sitting on a tree stump next to Justin and they were talking. Buffy paused for a minute trying to remember how this went down back at home and this was so not it. In her real world, she had walked into Janice being bitten and Dawn making out with a vampire but here they were talking. Just then Justin leaned over to kiss Dawn and Buffy stood up, “Hands off!”

Buffy reached out and punched Justin in the eye knocking him backwards. Justin stood up holding his eye that was quickly turning black and Buffy kicked him in the stomach. She then paused noticing Justin was rolling on the ground in pain instead of fighting back. Buffy’s hand was killing her and she glanced down to notice bruises were forming. She found this strange as she was rarely injured during a fight especially one where the vampire doesn’t fight back. She glanced towards Dawn who looked horrified and Justin appeared to be in serious pain. After a moment of all three parties staring at each other, Dawn finally glared at Buffy putting her hands on her hips, “Can’t I do anything without you interrupting? What is up with you anyway? You can’t just go around beating up my boyfriends. I don’t do that to yours!”

Buffy put on her best parental face as she stated, “Come home Dawn, now.”

Dawn’s mouth dropped open and she started to come before she realized she didn’t have to, “I don’t have to listen to you Buffy. You aren’t my mother or father.”

Buffy frowned grabbing Dawn by the arm and dragged her back to the car. She felt a little weak but dismissed it as out of practice. She buckled Dawn in the car ignoring her glares as she got into her seat and started the drive back home. Dawn glared at her not saying a word the whole ride home but as soon as the door to the Summers' household was open, the war began. “Do you know what Dawn was doing? She was parked near the woods and was about to make out with a guy!”

Joyce was shocked as she turned to Dawn asking, “Is this true?”

Dawn put her hands on her hips, “She beat up Justin. She literally kicked him in the stomach and punched him in the eye. My poor boyfriend has a black eye and probably broken ribs because of you.”

Joyce looked surprised at Buffy’s actions, “Is this true? Did you beat up Dawn’s boyfriend? I don’t like her having one as much as you don’t but that does not give you an excuse to beat him up young lady. Also young lady, you should have come to me. If you had just come home and told me about Dawn I would have taken care of everything and you would not be punished. Instead you are now grounded for two days. Next time, let me know so you can stop playing the hero and getting into trouble. Now go to your room, Buffy.”

Buffy’s hands fisted up tight as she hopped up and down whining, “But mom!”

Joyce shook her head looking firm, “Not another word from you or I’ll get your father and you won’t like his response.”

Buffy kicked the wall injuring her foot but refused to show any pain as she limped up the stairs. She was upset because she had been trying to do what she always did, save the day. Now she had all this pent up anger but had no outlet. She decided to go out slaying. She climbed down the tree breaking off a small branch on the end to use as a stake, as she headed to the cemeteries in hopes for some violence.