Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the end!!! Thanks so much to Puddinhead and Dorian's Kitten for editing this chapter. Thanks to them and Science for help in developing the story. Thanks to Sanityfair for all her work on the earlier chapters. Thanks to all who voted for this story at the Sunnydale Memorial Awards. All your support has been a life changer.
Her words offered a toehold, a way to scale what looked like a smooth fortress made of rock. He cupped her face, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"I can make you feel safe."

The tears in her eyes made them look even larger. He smoothed her hair back.

"How can you do that?"

"Do you trust me?" he asked.

"You know I do."

"Then follow me and I'll show you."

She gave him a half smile that conveyed her skepticism, but capitulated with a nod. He tugged her away from the kitchen through the hall to their bedroom. Spike was nervous as she sat down on the bed. He stood over her and she looked up at him expectantly.

"Would you give me control tonight? I could show you that you don't have to hold back when we're together." He touched the wrought iron finial on the footboard of the bed.

"What do you mean?" she asked, as though she already knew the answer but needed him to articulate his intentions so that she could rightly tell him to fuck off.

He scrubbed a hand over his dark brown curls.

"Did some research and I found something when I was poking around the Council archives. Handcuffs and chains enchanted so they can hold slayer."

"You stole from the Council?!"

"Figured you'd rather I have them than Travers," Spike said, giving her a half smile. She went pale at that. Paler. He noticed since they'd been away from the California sun, her skin had gotten fairer.

"I get that," she said, her hands kneading the blue and white quilt. Silence tightened around them and he wondered if she was thinking of the other time he bound her hands. Then he'd been trying to kill her and there was a chance she'd flash back to that moment. See him as her tormentor rather than her liberator. He hated to ask her for this, but he could think of nothing else that would get a look of bliss back on her face. Finally, she said, "So you want to chain me up."

"Does it frighten you?" he asked, tilting his head and giving her what he hoped would be a reassuring look.

"That the Council has special chains to lock up a slayer or that my boyfriend wants to use them on me?"

"Both, I 'spose," he said.

"I trust you, Spike. You can do the bondage thing." She still looked reluctant despite her firm words.

He nodded too fervently and then went to the closet to retrieve his tools. He withdrew the box containing his gear. If the scene went bad, it seemed as though their relationship would collapse. He walked to the bed and set down the small, wooden chest. Buffy hadn't moved; her palms were against the coverlet and she was following him with her eyes. Spike knelt in front of her; still her knight and her servant even as he was getting set to tie her down.

He didn’t know how his roles had become so muddled, he didn't know.

He threaded his fingers through her hair and pulled her into a kiss. While his mouth moved against hers, he undid the fastenings on her jeans. She bucked up and let him slide them off, along with her white panties. He lifted off her t-shirt and unhooked her plain, white bra. Her underwear told him she hadn't planned on sex that night—the knickers had come in a plastic pack instead of on one of those fancy hangers and the bra looked like it was constructed from a protective mattress cover. The way she kissed nearly made him lose his nerve. Her body was in play, but her head was somewhere else.

He eased her back on the mattress anyway.

They broke apart. He went to the wooden box to withdraw the restraints. The shackles for wrist and ankle were attached to long, silver chains that were as thin as a necklace. She looked skeptically at them while she arranged herself in the center of the bed.

"I've seen gum wrappers that look like they have more tensile strength than those," she said, eyebrow hoisted for full effect.

Spike crawled over her on his knees. He stretched one of her arms up to the headboard and clapped one of the silver circles around her wrist.

"They're magic. Why bother making them conspicuous, too?"

She wasn't able to shrug because he was fastening her other hand in place, but she managed a shoulder twitch.

"I guess. When Giles was injecting me for that Cruciamentum thing, he was big on the sneaky. If you wanted to kill a slayer, handcuffing her in something that looks like it came from Claire's would be the way to go."

He smiled down at her before creeping over to bind her legs. Bringing up her watcher's biggest betrayal and downplaying the cuffs told him she was terrified. He was too, but for different reasons. If this didn't please her, he had nothing left in his arsenal.

Buffy's arms and legs were drawn out far enough that she would have very little movement, but could rest without tensing any of her muscles. She looked magnificent, and he couldn't help admiring his work from where he laid beside her. Her breasts thrust out while her arm muscles sharpened, showing off her power and softness all at once. Her stomach was taut and domed out slightly, like the back of a spoon. The soft, golden triangle of hair between her strained legs glowed in the low light trickling through their curtains. Her hair wasn't damp, though. This wasn't getting her off, which meant he'd have to try twice as hard to overcome all her self-consciousness. She craned her neck to watch him, but she didn't speak.

"May I blindfold you, love?"

She sucked in a shaky breath.

"W-why?"

"When we were trapped, you said my voice got you through. Wanted to talk you through this."

She considered him.

"I guess I can't say no, can I?"

"Course you can. That's why I asked. Any time you want me to stop, you just say so."

She licked her lower lip and took a deep breath. He noticed sweat beading on her forehead.

"Do it. Blindfold me."

He hopped off the bed and fetched a piece of black satin from his box of tricks, then tied it around her head. Once she was completely helpless, he laid down beside her, his mouth against her ear.

"Before I met you, I was dead," he whispered. The words got a reaction; her thighs quivered. He traced the lips of her labia with the lightest pressure of his fingertips."I took what I wanted, thought I was enjoying it, thought I was feeling things. Thought I felt love. Now I know those pleasures and pains were only echoes of the real thing." Her hips tilted toward his touch, trying to increase the stimulation, but he didn't oblige her. It was gratifying to know he'd finally gotten her attention. He gave her clit a soft tap and she squeaked.

"It was like all this time I'd been skating on the lip of the universe, hovering above the planet and all the people in it. Ruler of all but possessor of nothing," he whispered.

Her nipples were so hard they had to be tingling. He licked the one closest and blew on it, making her back arch. "Then you gave me your hand and pulled me back to earth. Made me a part of something for the first time. Dru promised me everything in the world, but all she did was take it away. You gave it back. Your love did that." He pinched her nipple, hard.

"Spike!" Her head ground into the pillow, lengthening her neck in a way that made him feel unaccountably guilty. He kissed the vulnerable skin on her throat and felt her swallow.

"No. When we're in bed like this, I'm William. I'm your man." He slipped his finger inside of her and began to stroke her clitoris with firmer turns. She rose and fell like a bellows as she dragged in each breath. Her limbs tensed at their silver bonds, but that was all. She couldn't break free.

"What are you doing to me?" she mumbled.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah. Oh my god, yeah."

He worked her faster and faster with his fingers, until her moans were one, long note.

"I would trade eternity for you, Buffy. You're worth living and dying for. No matter what happens, I'll always be yours. You give me the pain and the fear, you let me shoulder it. Give it all to me. I'll never leave you if you want me to stay."

Her breasts were too much temptation, so he dipped his head down and sucked her nipple into his mouth. He teased it with his tongue and kept his deft fingering. She was so tight in her bonds, her body was suspended, like she was levitating. Then she screamed and more moisture surged out of her pussy, drenching his already slick hands. He let her nipple go. Her orgasm seemed to stretch on and on, like honey being poured from a jar, but as those things go it was only a few seconds. All that buildup and only a flash of ecstasy. She sagged back down to earth and he cradled her shoulders.

"Was that good?" he asked.

"So good."

"Fancy another go?"

"Um...if you give me a second," she panted. He smiled for no one but himself.

"Got you another present," he said.

"Did you steal that one from the Watcher archives, too?" She nuzzled his chest with her forehead.

"No. Got it from the Hustler store. It's one of those vibrating deals. Got one that's a bit smaller than my cock, because I didn't want to be jealous of an inanimate object, but it should make you feel very good. Almost had a heart attack when your mum brought the package in from the post office the last time she came round. Luckily it was wrapped in plain brown paper, so she didn't realize what she was holding."

Buffy let out a loud laugh.

"She said you were acting super suspicious the other day. She thought you were either evil again or planning on proposing."

Spike leaned over her and took the device. It was sleek and black with a soft sheath around the metal core.

"Am still a little evil, seeing as I love watching you writhe and twist. Love watching you come over and over. You ready for more?"

"Give it to me."

He switched on the vibrator and pressed it against her mound. Her body moved like a curtain fluttering in a sudden gust of air. He nosed the tip around the opening of her vagina before easing it inside. It was exciting finding all the new spots that caused her to moan and her hips to rock. She came so fast it shocked him. The device nearly bucked out of his hand as her internal muscles clenched.

She was still screaming when he crawled between her thighs and started licking around the vibrator that was impaling her. He wrapped his arm around her hips, sucked on her clit and kept pumping her with the dildo. Even though she was tied down, it was still like riding a wild horse. If the cuffs hadn't been deadening her strength, she would have torn the bed frame apart. That meant she wasn't controlling herself anymore. She was completely lost to the way he was making her feel.

Buffy came for a third time with a shriek that felt like it could splinter glass. He let her go and slipped the vibrator out. She collapsed on the bed. Her whole body was sheened with sweat and her breathing was ragged.

"You want more, kitten?" he asked.

The chains creaked and she tried to lift her head toward the place where she’d heard his voice, where was curled up on the bottom of the bed.

"I want you. It's so your turn."

He smirked at her.

"Do you want to keep the blindfold or get rid of it?"

She brought her breathing under control and licked her lips.

"Would you think I was a complete freak if I asked you to leave it on? When we were...it was so bright then, you know?"

"I know." His voice came out in a rumble. He unfastened her ankles, rubbing the skin to ease the red chafe marks. Then he sprang from his crouch to set her wrists free.

"Roll onto your belly," he said.

She complied, though he could tell by the way she had to flop around that moving was difficult for her at that point. Spike leaned over her and took a bottle of massage oil out of the box. His cock was heavy and painfully, diabolically hard, but none of this was about him tonight. He could wait a little longer. She gasped when he poured the golden liquid into the valley of her spine. It cascaded thickly down to her ass and he dragged his thumbs through the rivulet, rubbing in sweeping circles. With each pass, he covered more and more of her back. Her skin soaked up the oil like it was thirsty.

Slowly, her body relaxed under his hands, the friction making her melt. He rubbed her from waist to head, from shoulder to each delicate, deadly finger, then caressed her from hip to toes. She went silent during his ministrations and afterward, when he cleaned up the toys. He took off his pajama bottoms and tossed them in the hamper by the door. When he walked back to the bed, he thought she was sleeping until she turned around.

Buffy reached her wavering arms out to him.

"Make love to me, William."

He crawled on top of her. His cock was pulsing as he slid it inside of her. Even after everything she was still his perfect fit. She wound her lax arms and legs around him. She was exhausted from his efforts, making her body pliant and soft. Even if she wanted to, she wouldn’t be able to hurt him.

He looked into her face, half concealed by the blindfold. She could protect the whole world, but in this place she'd entrusted him to be the only man to protect her. He cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead.

"I love you," Spike whispered. She tugged off the fabric obscuring her vision and smiled sleepily up at him.

"I love you, too," Buffy said.


~*~*~

At that same moment in Mexico...

Harmony tapped her pink, glittery nails on the bar and let out a frustrated sigh. Back before she was chipped, she could've just eaten the guy, but that wasn't an option anymore. She hated Vera Cruz. It was dusty and there were all kinds of jerks. The bartender was not as good looking as he thought he was and his black, handlebar mustache had passed ironically self-aware into serious leather daddy territory.

"Look, just tell me who's been killing all these people and don't say the cartels because, well, duh," Harmony said, trying to look menacing while she adjusted the top of her white mini-dress so her gals didn't spill out.

"Why don't you suck my dick," he said.

Just then, Graham came in and strode through the crowd toward her. She'd never been more grateful to see him in her life. If he was coming to get her, that meant a whole bunch of tanks were rolling into the city. It was so cool fighting for America. The good old U.S.A. had way more exploding things than any other country she’d helped to invade.

Harmony glared at the bartender.

"I told you not to be mean to me. My boyfriend is totally gonna kick your ass."

Suddenly, someone slung an arm around Harmony's neck. She knew by scent exactly who it was, and her grin got bigger.

"To say nothing of what her girlfriend's gonna do to ya," Faith said with a wide, red smile and a toss of her dark hair.


Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know what you think!!!!