Author's Chapter Notes:
I got a lovely comment a while back (for a different story) that said the reader had enjoyed the story despite her reluctance to read a "William" story. Apparently she is not a big fan of William. When I read that my forehead wrinkled so hard it hurt. What? Some people don't dissolve into a puddle of lusty goo when presented with a nerdy Brit with floppy curl, glasses and a serious lack of poetry writing skill?But...but...pretty and sad. And extra pretty when he's sad. (Don't scowl at me. We wouldn't put him through so much if he didn't suffer so very beautifully.) Anyway, yeah-okay-I have a William kink. I said it. That's the first step, right? Only what if I don't want help? What if I just want to wallow and wade through his sky blue eyes and unrequited love? What if I really just want to give him the happy ending he deserves...again and again and again...



Oh dear. I do have a problem.



I expect this to have one more chapter, but I will probably focus on wrapping up a couple of older fics first. I think I leave you all at a good place here. ;)
Buffy put on her sunglasses and snuck a peek at William. He was reading beneath a large tree a little ways away. Her mother had commented on it earlier, that he was studying while the rest of them played Frisbee and volleyball, and Rupert had explained that William was planning on taking an extra heavy load his first semester and was trying to get as far ahead on the readings as possible. Buffy wanted to go over and talk with him, but she was too nervous. He’d barely even spoken with her all day and she wasn’t sure how to take it. She wanted to think that he was just nervous too or that he really was worried about getting his reading done, but it was all too easy to think that maybe he’d changed his mind again.

She pulled a magazine out of her beach bag and turned on to her stomach. She flipped the pages but her thoughts remained focused on the boy sitting a couple yards away.

She’d woken up early and with the twinge of frolicking butterflies in her tummy. She’d kissed William Giles and he’d kissed her back. The world seemed like a whole new place. She’d bounced out of bed, only to find that everyone else was sleeping late. Buffy had jogged, showered and debated which of her four remaining swimsuits to wear for several minutes before anyone else stumbled out towards the picnic tables the two small cabins shared. She’d happily run outside to help Joyce make breakfast and wait for William. Only he’d stayed in bed until nearly noon and then made himself a sandwich before he’d started studying. He’d smiled at her once and mumbled something that might have been good morning, but that was it. She didn’t know what she’d expected, but it hadn’t been that.

Her ex-boyfriend had called her a tease. He’d said that she was frigid and she had started to wonder if he was right. It was no longer a concern. Two days in close proximity to William Giles had not only brought back the crush she’d had on him three years earlier, it seemed to be turning her into a sex freak. She couldn’t believe that she’d been so bold the night before. She never kissed a guy before he kissed her. She didn’t even tend towards initiating the kissage after a guy had kissed her. But kissing William had seemed inevitable. His mouth just called to her. Buffy was mostly just amazed that she hadn’t pushed things further. A hot blush colored her cheeks as she remembered trying to encourage him to make with the groping. She wondered if he thought she was too pushy. She wondered if that was why he wasn’t talking to her.



William read the same paragraph a third time. How could he be expected to concentrate on anything while Buffy sunned in the world’s smallest, reddest bikini just down the beach? He was certain that she was doing it intentionally, that she was teasing him. At the same time, he brushed that thought away; it was insane to think that Buffy was even thinking about him.

He wanted to put down the book that he was only going to end up having to read again, walk over and sit down beside her. He wanted to ask if she needed help putting sunscreen on her back. Hell, he wanted to ask if she wanted help putting sunscreen on her front. He couldn’t do it. Everyone was on the beach. Jenny and Joyce were sitting in beach chairs not three feet from where Buffy lay and his father and Hank were playing cards under a large umbrella. If he got up, every single one of them would watch him. The thought made his stomach hurt. It reminded him of the things Jenny had said to Joyce on the beach the night before. She’d all but called him a hopeless nerd. That he was now confirming it by spending a gorgeous, sunny day at the lake reading books for courses he hadn’t even officially signed up for instead of flirting with Buffy Summers, an actual girl who had actually kissed him, only made the words sting worse. But what did he know about flirting?

He took off his glasses and pinched the bridge of his nose. His head hurt; he hadn’t been able to sleep for hours after they’d walked back to the cabin the night before. He’d replayed the entire evening a dozen times trying to figure her out. She’d said he was cute. She’d said she wanted to hang out with him again that night. He wondered if she’d already changed her mind.

William glanced over at her one more time before turning away completely and picking up his book.



It was dark, dinner was put away and they were all sitting around the fire pit. Buffy wanted to scream. It felt like her skin no longer fit, like every inch of her body had been rubbed too hard by a rough towel; she physically needed him to talk to her. She’d counted the words he’d spoken to her. Nine. He’d only said nine words directed to her all day long. Even when she added in the words he’d said to other people while she was in hearing distance she only came up with twenty-three. She’d used more than twenty three words while making breakfast.

Buffy stood up quickly. “We should make S’mores. I’ll go find sticks.” She swallowed hard and looked directly at William. “You should help me.”

His eyes widened. “Oh. Okay.” He nodded and stood up.

Ten and eleven, Buffy counted with a shake of her head. She was becoming pathetic.

Jenny reached over and tapped Rupert’s shoulder. “Didn’t we pack those long kebab sticks? Those would be perfect for roasting marshmallows. No need to go traipsing around the woods in the dark.”

William started to sit back down, but Buffy shook her head. “That’s okay. I like finding sticks. It makes the marshmallows taste better…more…umm…authentic.”She gave everyone a bright smile before spinning in place and walking towards the trail.



William watched her walk away for a few seconds before following. He didn’t dare glance at anyone else.

He was a little surprised that she didn’t stop and look at fallen branches at the beginning of the trail, but he didn’t say anything. He just followed her until she stopped, spun around and glared at him.

“Why aren’t you talking to me?”

“About the sticks?” He stared at her in confusion. She looked genuinely pissed.

“You’ve barely spoken to me all day.”

“What was I supposed to say?” He watched in dismay as her eyes widened with hurt before she turned away.

“Right. I get it. Never mind.” Buffy started walking again.

William hurried down the trail after her. He reached out and grabbed her arm. “No. I mean it. I didn’t know what to say.”

She narrowed her eyes and stared at him for a moment. “So you didn’t say anything?”

“Seemed like the best way to not say the wrong thing.”

“It wasn’t.”

He nodded. “I’m getting that.” He watched her, hoping she would smile. She didn’t. She barely looked up at him. He noticed her hand shaking and realized that she was nervous too. It was almost shocking enough to make him laugh. “Look. Last night was…I woke up and it felt so…surreal.”

She nodded. “Right.” She started to turn away again but he stopped her.

“You know that doesn’t mean bad, right?”

Buffy glared at him and he had to fight the urge to cower. “Yes, I know what surreal means. I’m not an idiot, William.”

“I didn’t say—I don’t think that at all.” He reached up and pushed his hands through his hair. “This is why I shouldn’t talk. I knew I’d screw everything up.”

“It felt—it felt like you were trying to pretend it never happened.” Her big green eyes met his for the briefest of moments before gazing back down at the dark forest floor.

He exhaled a shaky laugh. “I spent all day trying to convince myself that it did. It’s not the kind of thing that happens to me.”

“And you think it happens to me?”

Her voice had been so small and unsure, so completely not the girl he knew her to be, that he was driven forward. He reached out and rubbed his thumb over the apple of her cheek. “I think you are a golden goddess who could make a legion of men fall to their knees before you simply by smiling in their general direction.”

At first she simply stared at him again, her eyes wide and shiny. He cursed himself for making such a whimsical and over the top statement. Why couldn’t he have simply told her that she was pretty or that he knew plenty of guys had fallen all over themselves for her attention in the past? But she wasn’t running away or laughing, both possibilities he’d thought likely. He licked his lips while rubbing his thumb across hers. They felt sticky and he wondered if she had just reapplied her lip gloss.

“Are you going to ignore me when we go back to school?”

His hand dropped back to his side. He frowned. “I’m not going back to school with you, Buffy. I finished. I’ll be at—”

“I know. I meant would you have. If we were both going back to school together, would you pretend that you hadn’t…that nothing had happened?”

William sighed. “I guess if that’s what you wanted, I’d—”

“No. Is it what you want?”

“Why would I want that?” His head was spinning. It suddenly seemed like an incredibly good thing that he never spoke with girls.

She frowned. “Don’t answer questions with questions.”

William turned and looked down the trail. “We’re almost at the lake. Would you come sit with me?” He held his hand out and tried to ignore the pounding, racing beat of his heart. What would he do if she said no?

He didn’t need to worry; she quickly slipped her hand in his and let him guide her to waterfront. He walked over to the exact spot they’d sat at the night before and sat down. He waited until she was sitting on the grass beside him to say anything. “I voted for you for Homecoming Queen. I didn’t actually go to the dance, but…”

“I lost.”

“I know. I think it was rigged.”

She laughed. “Nah, Cordelia wanted it more. I only ran because someone nominated me and it seemed ungrateful not to.” She shook her head. “I don’t know who did it, only club heads can nominate people.”She shrugged.

He nodded and stared out at the still, black water. The moon was even fuller that night and its reflection was an almost perfect golden circle on the smooth black plane of the water. “I was head of the literary magazine.”

“We have a school literary magazine?” Her nose wrinkled.

“Yeah.” He laughed. “We do.”

“Oh.” Her eyes widened. “Oh!” She shook her head in wonder. “You. You nominated me? But why?”

He shrugged.

She put her hand on his arm. “Thank you.”

“It was nothing.”

Buffy scooted closer, so her leg brushed against his. “It was something.”

“I saw pictures. You looked…beautiful.”

“Why didn’t you go to the dance?”

William grinned at her. “Only one girl I would have wanted to go with.”

She raised her chin. “You should have asked her.”

“She had a boyfriend the size of Mount Rushmore.” He wondered if there was any chance that Buffy didn’t understand that he’d meant her, that she was only girl for him.

“You should have asked her,” she repeated firmly.

He laughed and nodded. “Maybe you’re right.”

“I usually am.”

“That so?”

“Yup.” She giggled and rested her head on his shoulder.

William turned and kissed the top of her head. Her hair smelled like coconuts and tropical flowers and he wished again that he’d been brave enough to offer her help with her sunscreen.

“The moon looks pretty.”

He grinned. “It does.”

She laughed again and he slid his arm around her waist, holding her tightly against his side. “That was a corny thing to say, right? Ooh, look at the moon.”

“It wasn’t too bad. I considered telling you that the moon wasn’t as pretty as you are. That would have been corny.”

She giggled again before they both grew quiet.



Buffy snuggled against his side. She could smell the insect repellent he’d put on earlier mixing with the scent that was just his own. She smiled knowing that she would always think of him when someone used bug spray nearby. “Did you think I was being too pushy last night, like too…bold?”

“No, love.” His answered instantly. “I thought you were being brilliant.”

“I’ve been thinking about it, you know…sex.”

“Oh, yeah?”

She heard the strain in his voice and knew that she’d made him uncomfortable again. He was cute when he was embarrassed, she thought, his cheeks flushed and he squirmed.

“Yeah.”

“What were you thinking? I mean, was there anything in particular...that you were thinking about?”

“Do you think it’s a big deal?”

William was quiet for a while and she started to think he wasn’t going to answer. “Yeah, Buffy, I think it’s a big deal.”

“Some of the girls on the squad were saying that it would be weird to go off to college still a virgin. Do you wish you weren’t? I mean, is it weird for you?”

“I’ve never been anything else, so…”

She turned and looked at him. “I’m being serious.”

He shrugged. “So am I. You’re asking, what? Do I feel like freak because I’m a virgin? I don’t know. I feel like a freak for a dozen more obvious reasons. It’s hard to say how much that one affects me.”

Buffy frowned and turned back away. She pulled her knees up and wrapped her arms around them.

He ran his hand over her hair. “You’re upset again.”

“I don’t want you to say things like that.”

“It’s not that bad, you know. I think it is just how people feel sometimes. I think everyone sometimes feels like they’re on the outside, that they’re different and no one else really knows it.”

She thought about it for a few minutes. “I guess so. I think I felt that way today.”

“Because of me? Because I wasn’t talking to you?” He said it like it still bewildered him.

“More like because I wanted you to so much. It was all I could think about all day. Why won’t William talk to me? Does he think I’m a great big slut bunny?”

William laughed. “How could you be a great big anything? You’re tiny.” He reached around her and gave her a squeeze. “I could probably fit you in a bread box.”

“William.” She glanced back over her shoulder and showed him a pout.

He laughed softly. “As to the other, I could never think that about you. You know that. I spent three years trying to work up a solid dislike for you and couldn’t even do that—failed miserably.”

“Did you? Really?” She turned in his arms and studied his eyes.

“I told you that I did.”

Her head tilted to the side and she smiled almost shyly. He’d nominated her for Homecoming Queen. “I had a crush on you, you know, that summer before I started high school.”



William’s world spun again. He furrowed his brow and stared at her for a few seconds. “You never said anything. I…can’t—”

She laughed. “Yeah, I was pretty shy about that stuff back then. I mean, you were my first real crush.” She shrugged. “I didn’t know what to do. I had this whole daydream all worked out…it was silly, I guess.”

He was sure his heart had stopped completely. He reached over, cupped the back of her head and pressed the gentlest of kisses on to her mouth. “Tell me, please.”

She was blushing. “It was dumb little girl stuff. I thought, you know, you’d ask me to a dance and I’d wear a dress and high heels and you would be all handsome and just—you and then you’d bring me home and we would stand on my porch and say good night and you would kiss me—my first kiss—I thought you’d give me my first kiss.”

His stomach clenched painfully. He leaned forward, rested his forehead against hers and squeezed his eyes shut. “Buffy.” His voice was nothing more than a hoarse whisper. “I gave you my first kiss.”

“You?” She gasped softly. “William?”

“Or I guess you gave it to me.” He chuckled very quietly as he opened his eyes.

“I didn’t know, William.” She whispered too now. “If I had, I’d have—I should have—”

“It was perfect. You were—are—you are perfect.”Her arms circled his neck and she pressed her mouth to his. His kissed her hard. And, as he hugged her body closer, he rubbed his hands on her arms. “Are you cold? You’re shivering.”

She shook her head; he felt her face rub against his neck. “I’m not cold.”

“You’re shaking, love. We could get you a jacket. I’ll run back myself—it’ll just take a minute.”

She kissed his neck. “I’m really not cold. I’m just—you’re a good kisser and I guess—I guess I’m a little nervous.”

William cupped her face in his hands and kissed her again. “Here. Lie back.” He laid down and gestured for her to use his arm as a pillow. “I remembered a better constellation story. Do you want to hear it?”

“Yeah.” She snuggled for a few seconds before rolling onto her back and gazing up at the sky.

“Okay. Over here.” William pointed to spot near Cassiopeia. “That’s Andromeda.”

“Isn’t that a movie about like a virus?”

He chuckled. “That’s The Andromeda Strain. This Andromeda was a princess.”

“Ooh and was she pretty?”

“Very much so. Unfortunately, she was the daughter of Queen Cassiopeia, who you remember was a very vain and reckless woman. The Queen bragged that she was more beautiful than the sea nymphs and as punishment for her arrogance, Poseidon—that’s the god of the sea—”

“Right.”

“Poseidon sent a sea monster, which started gobbling all their people up. I don’t remember how the king found out, probably an oracle, but either way, the only way to stop the monster was to feed it their daughter, Andromeda, because she was very pretty and a virgin—which is always a big deal in these stories.”

“They fed their daughter to a sea monster!”

“They tried. They chained her, naked, to a rocky cliff and then stood back and waited for the monster to come.”

“This is a horrible story, William.”

He laughed. “Give me a moment. So there she is, poor princess Andromeda chained to the rocks waiting for a horrible beast to leap from the ocean and devour her.”

“You seriously seem to be enjoying this part too much.”

“Well this is the part where she gets rescued by the hero, Perseus. Perseus had just slayed Medusa. You know the bird with all the snakes for hair?”

“Medusa was a bird?”

“No bird means—she was a woman with snakes for hair and anyone who looked upon her was turned to stone.”

“So how did—whatever his name was—kill her?”

“Perseus. He used a mirror. That’s not really the point. The point is: he is passing by when Andromeda is chained to the rocks. He sees her and falls instantly in love. He kills the creature and as a reward demands her hand in marriage.”

“And how does she feel about that?”

William laughed. “I’m thinking she was pretty much happy with both not being eaten and to be getting away from her mother. Also, he was kind of a big deal—famous hero—no doubt handsome.”

“So you think they lived happily ever after?”

“I do. In fact, Perseus is right there beside her.” He pointed to another constellation. She was quiet for a moment and he wondered if he shouldn’t have told her the story. He’d thought she would like it, but now he wasn’t so sure.

“That is a good story.”

He exhaled a breath he hadn’t realized he was holding in.

“You’re wearing your swimsuit tonight.”

“I am.”

“But I thought you looked pretty cute wearing those wet boxers.”

“Yeah, well I thought you looked pretty cute not wearing a top.” She gasped and he panicked. “Pet, I’m sorry. That was rude. I don’t—”

She giggled. “Look at you all snarky. I’d thought you’d get cute and squirmy.”

“So you were flat out trying to embarrass me?”

She nodded. “Yup.”

The sound she made when she popped her ‘p’ and her proud grin charmed him entirely too much. He knew that but it didn’t change things. “Fair enough. Do you want to go swimming?”

“Not really. I’m pretty much happy right here.”

He was glad that she was looking at the sky and not the goofy grin he was wearing. His cheeks hurt from smiling so broadly. “I’m happy too, love.”

“I like when you call me that. It’s very Austin Powers.”

He groaned. “Honestly? You went with Austin Powers there, not James Bond or any of the dozens of more attractive choices, you went with Austin Powers?”

She shrugged. “I like those movies.”

William sighed. “You are…adorable.”

She rolled on to her stomach and grinned at him. “Are you trying to tell me that you like me?”

He reached up and tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. “I thought we’d already covered that I more than like you.”

She smiled at him again and his heart leapt. He knew he was a lost cause. She startled him by reaching out quite suddenly and pulling his glasses off.

“Can you see me?”

“Yes.”

“Good.” She folded the glasses and then reached as far over his head as she could and placed them on the ground. “They should be safe over there, right?”

“I suppose so.” He felt odd and vulnerable now the she’d taken them off. Certainly she’d seen him without his glasses before. He’d taken them off to swim the night before. But still, there was something about her taking them off that made this different.

“Why don’t you wear contacts?”

He frowned. Why did she care? “I’m not fond of the idea of shoving bits of plastic into my eyes.”

She nodded. “That makes sense.” She cupped his cheek and rubbed her thumb over his temple. “You have nice eyes, like really blue.”

He was such a lost cause. “You’d like me more if I wore contacts?”

Her nose wrinkled and she laughed. “No. I’d get to see your eyes more if you wore contacts.” She leaned down and kissed his temple. When his eyelids fluttered shut, she kissed them as well.

William’s hands curled into fists along his sides, as he fought to keep his rapidly growing arousal in check. The girl had barely touched him and he felt ready to explode.



Buffy rose up to her knees before reaching over to pet his curls. His eyes were still closed and he was clenching his teeth which, she decided, did interesting things to his jaw line. She traced the hard line of his cheek bone. “If I saw you chained to the rocks, I would totally slay the sea monster for you.”

His eyes popped open and he laughed. “I’m not at all certain how to take that, Buffy.”

She felt her cheeks warming under his gaze and shrugged. “I’m not much with the damseling.”

“No, you’re not. Still though, must I really be the princess in this scenario?”

She giggled. “Would you rather be the sea monster?”

“It does seem like it is just a matter of time before you send me to my doom, so I suppose that is apt.”

Sighing, she grasped his chin. “Why do you say things like that? How could you possibly not get that I like you, like really, really like you? I’ve basically thrown myself at you. I told you about my crush and that silly daydream I had. I offered to have sex with you so you wouldn’t be a virgin when you started college—”

“You what? When did you…what?” He was looking at her like she’d sprouted wings and a unicorn horn.

“Before. When we were talking. What did you think I meant?”

He shook his head and gazed with unfocused eyes over her shoulder. “I don’t know, not…not that.”

“Oh.” She turned away. What was she doing? It was no wonder he’d never asked her out; she was a freak. “So I guess I’ve pretty much freaked you out now, right?”

“I would have to say that is a fair statement. I mean, I don’t even have fantasies with this scenario. This is too…why would you even—”

“Do you want to have sex with me?”

“Yes.”

Buffy blinked a couple times at the speed and simplicity of his response before smiling and giggling. “Okay. Now I think we’re getting somewhere.”

“Are we? I’m feeling even more lost. You’re gorgeous…stunning and you’re sweet. You could have anyone. Half the male population of Sunnydale High has a picture of you they use for wanking off. You told me— you said you wouldn’t sleep with that Basketball player even after you dated him for most of the last year. So why would you want to…with me?”

Her heart was beating so hard and so fast that she worried t it might break a rib or two. This was it, she thought, taking a deep breath; it was time to go all in. “I don’t want to lose you…again. I know you’re going away to school but it’s really not that far—only about an hour and a half—and I can borrow the car as long as I keep my grades up.”

His finger pressed down on top of her lips. “Are you saying you want to be my girl?”

She nodded.

William leaned in and kissed her. “Kitten, that’s…amazing. You—you…” He sighed and frowned. It made her stomach hurt, waiting for him to continue. “You cannot think I’d make you—you don’t need to sleep with me for that. Just say you won’t be with anyone else and I’ll be over the moon.”

“Kitten?” Her lips twitched.

“Too much?”

She shook her head. “Perfect much.” Buffy reached over and lifted his hand. She brought it to her mouth and kissed his knuckles. “I know you’d never push me. That’s why or I guess it’s just one of the reasons why.”

She didn’t know how to tell him the rest, that he made her feel exotic and adventurous or that she’d never wanted anything as much as she wanted to know him. He’d laugh, she knew, if she told him that he was beautiful or that he always seemed just a little sad. She didn’t know what caused it, the thin wrap of sorrow that seemed to shimmer in and out of view around him; she just knew it pulled her in. It was the very first thing she had ever noticed about him, he hadn’t even been looking in her direction but there had been something in his stance, the way his shoulders were held just a touch too straight as though he had to remember not to break at every moment. It was the way he said thank you as though he meant it with his whole self every time. She’d spent a year nursing the wound of losing him last time and she knew now that it had only been a crush back then. It was more than that now.

William’s world had flipped and spun so many times he was getting sea sick. He was so lost in wonder that he almost didn’t hear her question.

“Do boys really use a picture of me when they…you know?”

“Ummm…” Why had he told her that? What was wrong with him?

“Do you?”

And there it was: the obvious follow up question. He wanted to bury himself in the sand. “I would never...umm…” He couldn’t lie and couldn’t admit the truth, He froze.

She giggled. “You so did too, didn’t you?”

He groaned. “I don’t suppose an apology would help. I know it was totally—”

“Hot.”

His brow furrowed and he looked at her in bewilderment.

“I mean, other guys— that’s kind of…” She made a face. “But you…doing that and thinking about me.” Her nose wrinkled when she grinned. “That’s definitely goodness.” She scooted closer. “What did you think about when you did it? Ooh—what picture did you use?”

“Buffy, please. Love, this is far too embarrassing to live through.” She giggled her little Tinker bell laugh. “Couldn’t we talk about something else?”

She shook her head. “Nope. I want to hear all about it.”

William laid back down and closed his eyes. “You could simply kill me and be done with it.”

She laughed again. “You’re always so dramatic, William. Tell me. Which picture?”

He sighed. “This is hardly my best self you’re asking about.”

“Tell. Me.”

“I have a picture of you from Homecoming. A friend of mine took photos for the paper…it doesn’t matter, I just have it. You’re wearing a green dress that matches your eyes and you’re wearing that ludicrous tiara and you’re smiling. It’s a nice picture.”

“And you use that picture?”

A groan escaped from deep in his throat. “I have.”

“What did you think about? You know, while you were doing it.”

He opened his eyes for a second to glance up at her. A part of him wanted to cry, but she was grinning and looking so very eager to hear him explain. He squeezed his eyelids closed again. “I imagined that I went to the bloody dance and caught that hulk you went with getting too grabby. You asked him to stop and he didn’t, so I—I dealt with him for you because you—you deserve to be treated like a queen.”

“Aww… that’s sweet. That’s what you thought about to get off? It doesn’t seem—”

“And you were very grateful…so you gave-me-a-blowjob.” He sped through the words and winced.

“Oooh, I was grateful. I mean, of course I was. Naturally, I would be. Was I any good at it? The blowjob?”

“Brilliant.”

She slowly stroked his chest. “Well, that’s good. I mean a girl would hate to be sucky at, you know, sucking.”

“You are a very strange girl, Buffy Summers.”

She continued caressing his chest and stomach. “Are you hard right now?”

He exhaled, once quickly, and then nodded.

Her hand moved lower, softly touching him through his swim trunks. “Wow. You really are.” She rubbed him again. “You know…I am suddenly feeling very grateful.”

Her fingers slid under the waistband of his suit and he jumped. “Buffy!”

She laughed softly and leaned down to kiss his mouth. “Let’s see if I can do it as well in person.” She undid the drawstring and tugged down his shorts. She inhaled quickly. “You didn’t mention that I had so much to work with.” Her hand curled around his erection before he had a chance to respond. He groaned as his hips jerked violently.

“Fuck! Kitten!”

“Yup. Definitely liking the whole kitten thing.” She slid her hand up and down his length, once…twice…three times. “You really are…big…you know? But it’s…handsome. That’s makes sense, I guess, since it’s a part of you.” She rubbed her thumb over the tip and then leaned down to whisper, “You’ll have to tell me if I’m not doing something right,” before she pressed a kiss on the top. She licked her lips and then slid them around him.

William’s hand gripped the back of her head. “Oh that feels…so good. Oh! Too good. That’s too good, love.”

She licked the vein that ran up his length. “Tastes pretty good too.” She giggled. “So what do think? Should I lick it like a lollypop or—”

“Yes. Fuck. Yes.” To William, it was clear from the start that he was not going to last long. “Oh, it’s heaven, love.” He felt her pull him with her hot, slippery lips again and he moaned. “Too good. Won’t last.”

She only sucked harder. Her tongue teased him and every once in a while he could feel the edge of her teeth scrape against his shaft. It was all too good, too perfect to last. He pushed her shoulder so she sat up as he came, hard and fast. “Fuck, Buffy.”

She kneeled beside him, eyeing him with a grin. “I did okay?”

He chuckled weakly. “You’re amazing…you did amazing.” He groaned as he sat up. “Fuck, I made a mess of myself.”

She laughed as he reached for the bottom of his shirt and tugged it over his head. She watched him use his shirt to wipe at his stomach and then fix his shorts. “When did you get such a dirty mouth?”

He laughed too. “Probably when you put your hot little mouth on my cock.”

“Ooh, cock. That is a good dirty word.” She brought her mouth close to his. “I liked having my mouth on your cock, William.” She kissed him. “Tell me. Did I live up to your expectations?”

He kissed her back and squeezed the nape of her neck. “Better than, love.”

Buffy kissed his neck. “Got any other fun ideas?”

“You are far more fun than anything I could ever dream up. Why don’t you tell me what you’d like me to do?” She blushed. He almost couldn’t believe his eyes. How could possibly blush after what she’d just done? He put his shirt down and tangled his hand in her hair. “You can tell me.”

Her voice was quiet and didn’t quite meet his eyes. “I just…I just want to…please you.”

He sighed, criss-crossed his legs, and pulled her on to his lap. He rubbed his nose against the extra soft skin just below her ear and then used his teeth to give her earlobe a tug. “You’ve done that. Just sitting next to you makes me so happy that I can’t wipe away this goofy grin. The muscles on my face will probably hurt for days.” He hugged her tightly, enjoying the feel and sound of her soft laughter. “What you just did for me—that was amazing. So what I’d like, what would make me very happy is if I could do something like that for you.”

“You want…”

William steeled himself and pushed his nerves out of the way. “I want to get my girl off—preferably a couple of times.”

“You really think of me as your girl?”

“Trust me, love. I’m feeling all kinds of possessive. It’s a fight to simply avoid going caveman on you at the moment.”

She laughed. “What would that look like exactly? The going caveman.”

“I don’t—there’s hair pulling, right? And I’d have to toss you over my shoulder and stomp around a lot growling at any man that dared look at you.”

“Wow.”

“I know. It wouldn’t be pretty. I’m trying to resist.”

“That doesn’t sound very much like you.”

William sighed. “I am male. Being—like me—doesn’t eliminate the influence of testosterone completely.”

“I know that. I like the…maleness of you.” She snuggled against him. “I’m not going to promise I won’t growl at the girls that look at you, though.”

“I doubt it will be an issue.”

“I’m tougher than I look, you know. I could totally take out some skanky college girls.”

He laughed softly. “Why would I want a skanky college girl when I have my own personal water sprite?”

She nodded. “Good answer.”

“I thought so.” He kissed her temple. “May I touch you, love?”

She kept her face buried against his neck but nodded.

William plucked at the ties of the sundress she’d pulled on over her bikini. “So the suit was meant to torture me today, right?”

“Why would it be torture?”

“You can’t imagine I was able to focus on anything but you bouncing around almost naked.” He finally untied the knot and let the dress fall to her waist.

“You could have fooled me. I couldn’t even get you to look at me. I almost resorted to untying the top as though I cared about tan lines on my back.”

He groaned at the thought. “You really are a naughty little thing, aren’t you? Any other plans to torment me?” He hesitated for a few seconds before sliding his hand under one red triangle and cupping her small breast. He heard her gasp and felt her shiver. “Is this all right?”

She arched her back in response, pressing herself more firmly in his grasp.

He squeezed her gently and then flattened his hand, rubbing his palm against her hardened nipple. After a few moments he traced the red line around her back and undid the strings holding on her top. “God you’re pretty, Buffy.” His hand shook just a little when he reached out to touch her again. He teased her nipples, plucking and pinching as softly as he could, until her breathes came hard and fast and she whimpered quietly.

When she finally gasped, “please, William,” he reached down and pushed the dress down her legs.

He ran his hand slowly down her stomach and under the edge of her red bikini bottom. He stilled for a second and used his other arm to hug her closer. He wanted to say something, to tell her that this was special and that she was, but he couldn’t find the words.

Her skin was soft, she smelled like coconut and she’d just whispered his name. His fingertips brushed through the soft curls hiding her sweetest spot. He closed his eyes when he found her already hot and slick. He traced her folds experimentally until he found the spot that make her gasp and jerk in his arms. He exhaled shakily. “That’s it, isn’t it?” His brow furrowed as he brushed his index finger over the swollen nub. Her responding shudder worried him. “Am I too rough, love—I can—?” He felt her shake her head on his shoulder. He pressed his lips against the top of her head. “Tell me how—what you like—or show me.” He pulled his hand up and reached for one of hers. “Here.” He held his hand out, palm up, and placed her fingers on it. “Show me how to touch you.” He watched her look at his hand in surprise and glance, surreptitiously, up at him. She looked like she was going to argue. “Nothing would make me happier than seeing my girl come—right here—right now, because I’m touching her just how she needs to be touched. There’s nothing hotter than that.” He waited for what felt like forever but was probably only a few seconds and then her fingers moved.

She slid her fingertips across his palm a few times before showing him two fingers rubbing in a smooth circular fashion.

William moved his other hand back between her legs and mimicked the motion. “Like this?” He whispered near her ear and nibbled at her neck.

She pressed her fingers harder against his hand and he followed suit. Buffy gasped and clutched at his arm. She gripped his wrist and tapped his palm with her thumb.

William laughed softly. “Fuck, you are so hot.” He used his thumb to tap her swollen clit until she came undone in his arms. “My girl.”


Chapter End Notes:
Go on. Leave me a note. Please?
Anyone wondering why their parents aren't concerned that they've been looking for marshmallow sticks for well over an hour now?