Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first ever Fic so feedback would be great
Title - Shades of Grey
Pairing - Buffy/Spike
Rating - Adults only kiddies
Spoilers - A/you
Disclaimer - I own nothing
A/N - this is my first ever fan-fic
Feed back - jos_spuffyfics@hotmail.co.uk
Summary - Joyce and Giles are married, Dawn is their daughter. Spike is Giles’ son from a previous marriage, his mum died during childbirth. Spike is also the Slayer, Wes is his Watcher. Xander and Willow are his best friends. Dru was the vamp cursed with a soul, swap the Buffy/Angel(us) relationship for Spike/Dru. Buffy takes Spike’s place, a chipped vampire.

One - Escape

Buffy ducked behind the dumpster at the back of the Bronze, praying they hadn’t seen her.

She watched as they moved closer, their night vision goggles giving them better eyesight in the dark than even she had.

“Are you sure it came this way?”

Buffy held in her growl when she recognised his voice.

“No Forrest, I’m not sure, but I figure we’d better look anyway. Walsh wants it back, you know how much those chips cost.”

Buffy pressed her back tighter against the wall, making her frame as small as she possibly could.

“Fine, whatever.”

She heard them pause and froze herself. Had they seen her?

“This is a bust man. Lets call it a night. Its not like the thing can feed now, right? We can hunt it down later and drag it back.”

Their leader, Riley Finn, lowered his rifle and straightened his back, relaxing his stance.

“Right, come on then, maybe if we hurry we can make it to the Delta party.”

Buffy waited five minutes after they had left, her senses sharp. She didn’t want to risk getting caught again.

The things they had done to her… even Dru at her worst didn’t scare Buffy like those humans did.

Dru she could defend herself against. Thanks to the piece of metal they had shoved into her skull, she was helpless against pulsers.

There was only one place she could go, and she knew her arrival wasn’t going to be met with open arms.

~~~~~~~~~~

Spike laughed as Xander finished the Snoopy dance for the third time.

“That never gets old mate.”

His friend grinned and flopped down onto the couch.

“Don’t tell Will, she’ll make me do it all the time.”

Spike grinned before looking up when his Watcher appeared.

“So Wes, any word on those solider boys I keep seeing about town?”

Wes shook his head no, his nose still buried in his book when the phone rang.

Xander, being closest, grabbed it up.

“Hello?”

“Xand? Its Dawn, is Spike still there?”

Xander nodded even though she couldn’t see him and handed the phone to his friend, mouthing Dawn at him.

“Hey pet, what’s up?”

Xander watched as fear then anger crossed his friends face.

“Why the bloody hell did you let her in?”

Wes looked up, hearing the fear in his slayers voice.

“I’m on my way.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy winced as Joyce ran a hot cloth over the cut on her forehead, her demon appearing briefly on her face.

“Sorry.”

Buffy shrugged, avoiding the other woman’s eyes.

“S’ok.”

Dawn burst back into the room, a scowl on her face.

“I called Spike, he’s on his way.”

Buffy nodded her head and closed her eyes, letting Joyce take care of her wounds.

“What happened?”

The soft, cultured tone set Buffy on edge. She knew what this man could do.

“I really only wanna tell this story once Ripper, so lets just wait on your eldest.”

He tilted his head, wondering what the demon before him was playing at.

“Fine, but as soon as you’ve told it I want you out of my house.”

“Rupert!”

“Dad!”

Giles shook his head.

“She is a vampire, and you may have forgotten but it was she who very nearly killed William.”

Buffy just tuned them out. She was hungry, her demon demanded blood.

It voiced its displeasure by growling loudly.

All three humans paused in their argument and fixed their eyes to the blonde vampire.

Buffy’s eyes opened when she noticed the silence to see Joyce and Dawn staring at her with worry in their eyes.

Giles looked like he was about to reach for a stake any second.

The slamming of the front door jarred them all and Spike could be heard bellowing for his family.

“We’re up here.”

Heavy footsteps sounded on the stairs and Buffy had a moment of doubt.

Why would he help her?

“What the bloody hell are you playing at Buffy?”

Buffy looked up and met his angry eyes before dropping a cold mask over her own.

“Got some info you might be after.”

Spike waited, his fists clenched with the urge to attack racing through him.

“Then why didn’t you go to the watchers place?”

Buffy painfully stood, not showing how much effort it took to keep from voicing that pain.

“Look, I’m here now and I need to talk to you. We had a truce once remember, can we just pretend its still going on for the next hour?”

Giles threw a sharp look at his son.

“Truce?”

Spike looked sheepish before he scowled again.

Buffy shook her head, it didn’t surprise her that he had kept that from his family.

“Who do you think helped him stop Dru from ending the world?”

Giles yanked his glasses off.

“I see.”

“You three stay up here.”

Spike grabbed Buffy by the arm, ignoring her flinch as he did so. He pulled her down the stairs and into the basement, where he proceeded to tie her to the water pipes that ran along one wall.

He wondered why she didn’t fight him at all, but his anger wouldn’t let him think about it for too long.

Buffy watched him pace back a few steps.

“Right. Tell me.”

So she did. She told him about being captured, about the solders, about the chip they put in her head. She refused to tell him what they did to her though, she just told him they ran experiments on her.

Spike watched her, knowing she was keeping something from him.

“Do you know where the base is?”

Buffy nodded.

“I know where I came out, it was on the university grounds.”

Spike scowled. A Helmouth in high school and secret labs in college.

“How do you know you can’t feed?”

Buffy looked up and met his gaze.

“I tried to bite one of them… couldn’t do it.”

Spike frowned.

“You think its whatever they put inside you?”

Buffy nodded her head.

He stalked over to her and released her from the rope he had tied her up with.

“Show me.”

Buffy looked at him.

“Huh?”

Spike took off his coat and walked to stand in front of her.

“Prove it. Attack me.”

Buffy growled and took a step back.

“Slayer, the pain… no.”

Spike shrugged and punched her, full force, sending her crashing back into the wall.

Buffy couldn’t hold in her gasp of pain and her demon rushed to the fore.

Spike grinned and walked closer.

“Attack me.”

Buffy growled as he came closer. Her demon had had enough of being pushed around by humans.

She flew at him, her fangs bared.

He had never heard a sound like it. She collapsed in on herself, curling into a ball as she wrapped her arms around her head.

A picture of a wounded lioness entered his head before he took a cautious step closer.

“Spike?”

“Its okay Da!” He called back, hoping his father would do as he asked and stayed away.

Spike crouched down and reached out to move Buffy’s arms so he could see her face.

“Ok, so I believe you.”

Buffy snorted and struggled to sit up.

“Why did you come to me?”

Buffy tried to hide the fact that she was wiping tears from her eyes.

“I can’t fight, can’t feed… I need help.”

Spikes look of disbelief didn’t shock her.

“And you thought of me?”

Buffy shrugged.

“We did have that truce.”

Spike scowled.

“Which you broke. You were supposed to take that bleeding wanker Angelus and never come back.”

Buffy shrugged.

“Well I did come back, and look what it got me.”

Spike did look at her. She looked bad, paler than usual, and she was shaking.

“When was the last time you fed?”

Buffy shrugged again.

“What day is it?”

“Friday.”

Her hazel eyes widened. No wonder her demon was hungry.

“A full seven days then. I had myself a meal before I was caught.”

Spike scowled, the Slayer inside wanting nothing more than to dust the vampire before him.

Buffy saw his look and snorted.

“Evil vampire here blondie, that’s just what I do… or did.”

Spike grabbed her arm, pulling her up the stairs behind him.

“Where are we going?”

“To Wes. We need information about these solders so you aren’t going anywhere, but I don’t trust you here with my family.”

Buffy refrained from pointing out that not only hadn’t he revoked her invitation to his home, but that she had actually saved his little sisters life on two occasions.

“And what happens to me when you get all this info you need?”

Spike threw her a look before shrugged.

“You are a vamp that can’t hunt, I’d say that your pretty much neutered right now, wouldn’t you?”

Buffy growled at him, but he was right.

She vowed to herself though that those humans would never get their hands on her again.

She would help the Slayer, he would bring them down.

After that? She just didn’t know.

tbc...