Two - Vampires!

Spike knocked on his watchers door instead of marching on in. He looked at the blonde vampire from the corner of his eye. She hadn’t spoken the entire trip across town. It wasn’t usual. Everytime they had crossed paths, Spike took comfort in the fact that he knew how she would behave.

Not once had Buffy ever been quiet.

He looked away before she could catch him staring.

“Spike?”

Wes looked from Spike to Buffy, a question on his face.

“Seems Buffy here has some info we need on the solder boys. Need you to invite her in.”

Wes opened his mouth to protest, but the look in Spike’s eyes stopped him.

He trusted his Slayer. If he believed Buffy had information they needed, then fine, but if the vampire turned out to be lying to them, well, it wasn’t like they couldn’t just get rid of her.

“Fine. Come in Buffy.”

Buffy stepped over the threshold and went to sit down before a yank on her arm reminded her that she wasn’t exactly a guest here.

“What?”

Spike pulled her in the direction of the bathroom.

“Told you, don’t trust you.”

He yelled for Wes to gather his chains and forced Buffy into the bath tub.

Buffy threw him a look so filled with loathing Spike was actually glad she couldn’t attack him.

“If you think I’m staying chained up in a fucking bath tub you got another thing coming Slayer.”

Buffy’s demon was showing in her eyes, and Spike caught himself wondering how she managed to have that much control as her face never changed.

She didn look beautiful all riled up like she was.

He frowned at himself and shook his head a little before concentrating on the annoying vampire glaring at him from the bath tub.

“What exactly are you planning to do to get yourself out of there then?”

Buffy growled, knowing full well she didn’t have a lot of options here. She turned her head away, unwilling to let him see her weak.

“Fine, now can I please have some blood?”

They had stopped at Willy’s on the way over. Spike had left her in the alley and gone in. He had gotten a funny look when he had asked for a few pints of blood, and Willy had spluttered before handing him over the good stuff, free of charge.

He had been surprised Buffy was still where he left her, more so because she looked to be trying to blend into the brick wall, and nervously looking around her.

“No. Not until we go through everything again for Wes’ benefit.”

Buffy’s eyes closed. She could feel the hunger clawing at her insides.

Fucking slayers.

Her hearing picked up the front door opening and she recognised the scents of the slayers friends.

Great, now her condition was going to be cannon fodder to these people.

“Yo Spike, what was that all about earlier?”

Spike ducked his head out of the bathroom.

“Buffy turned up.”

He saw Xander’s eyes darken. It was no secret Xander hated the blonde vamp, and Spike wasn’t too sure it was a good idea to have him there right then.

“Please tell me you dusted her finally?”

Buffy smirked and leant back, closing her eyes and letting her mind drift.

Spike sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

“Its not that simple mate, she had info we need on the solder boys.”

Xander scoffed.

“So, she just happens to turn up with the very info we need?”

Spike shrugged.

“She’s playing you man!”

Spike looked back to see Buffy with her head resting on the edge of he tub, her eyes closed.

He found it strange she was taking deep breaths.

He left and moved into the living room, taking the chains from Wes before addressing Xander.

He didn’t notice when Willow left them.

“They did something to her. She can’t hurt us.”

Xander shook his head.

“You mean like she has in the past? That leech is bad news.” He knew by the look on Spike’s face that he wasn’t getting anywhere.

“Fine, but once she gives you this info, then what?”

Spike shrugged and looked up at his Watcher.

“Wes?”

Wes rubbed the back of his neck and sighed.

“Lets just hear what she has to say first.”

Spike nodded and stood up.

“I’ve already heard some of it, and its not good.”

Wes and Xander followed him into the bathroom to find Willow already in there.

“Will?”

Willow turned to her friends and shrugged.

“She was hungry, and I figured it would be better to not have a hungry vampire under the roof.”

Buffy opened her eyes and smirked at the look on Spike’s face as she drank down her meal.

“Right, well now that you’ve been fed, how about telling us what we need to know.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Even after the three pints of blood she was still hungry but she couldn’t do anything about it. She was chained to the flipping bath tub, the Slayer had gone home, taking his little friends with him, and the Watcher was in bed sleeping.

She had told them what they needed to know.

Labs under the campus, evil human doctors experimenting on demons, chips in innocent vampire’s heads, torture of said innocent vamps, but she had kept silent about what Forrest and his friends had done to her.

At best, the Slayer would be disgusted on her behalf, at worst, he wouldn’t care.

Sighing, she tried to shift, groaning as she couldn’t get comfortable in the cold, hard tub.

A noise outside the window made her head jerk up as she froze, a whine coming from the back of her throat.

She wrapped her hands tight around the chain and yanked. If it was the solders, there was no way she was letting them take her.

The pipe the chain was wrapped around gave a loud groan, but that was all.

Buffy froze and listened, all her senses focused on the bathroom window.

Hearing nothing more, she let herself relax. Something needed to be done. Eyeing the chains, the vampire took an un-needed breath and being pulling at the loose link she found.

~~~~~~~~~~

Wes stopped when he saw the blonde lying on his couch. He knew she had been chained up. He hated to think what shape his bathroom was in.

He was about to roughly shake her awake when he saw she was looking at him with fear in her eyes before she plastered a cold look on her face.

“Morning.”

Wes tilted his head and studied her.

“I seem to recall you were tied up last night.”

Buffy shrugged and made her way into the kitchen to heat up the last of her blood.

“I’ve had enough of that lately Watcher.”

Wes looked at her, trying to read between the lines. If it was anyone, anything, else, he would have thought she was scared.

“If you want to go back to sleep, there is a fold out bed in the basement.”

Buffy kept her shock hidden and nodded once, downing her blood before making her way to said basement.

“Wake me up when the Slayer gets here.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Buffy lay on the cot bed and let her mind wonder. It ended up where it usually did when she allowed that.

The night she first met the Slayer.

On first seeing him, she had been sure her info was wrong. This was the Slayer? This skinny, brown curly haired guy was the Slayer?

But when she saw him fight, saw him slay, he changed before her eyes. Something settled inside her that she didn’t know about at the time. It grew slowly, festered, until finally, the last time she had seen him she had known.

But to admit it was something else entirely, so, she had mocked him over some slut he had slept with. Cut him where she knew it would hurt.

Those few moments with him in the sunlight had meant more to her than she could put into words.

If only she had reacted better to the knowledge that she was in love with him.

~~~~~~~~~~

Spike groaned as he saw Harmony walking towards him. Ever since he had cut, styled and dyed his hair, she had taken a liking to him.

“Blondie Bear!”

He cringed.

“I’m busy Harm, go annoy someone else.”

She pouted, which he figured she had meant to be alluring, but on her it just looked pathetic, not like Buffy’s…

His mind veered off topic for a few seconds before he gave himself a shake.

“Sorry Harm, stuff to do.”

He walked off before she could say anything and made his way to the first cemetery of the night.

~~~~~~~~~~

She knew the second he entered the house, could feel it inside, even before she heard him ranting about something or other. Swinging her legs off the bed, Buffy made her way upstairs, slipping on her shirt as she walked.

“Why the bleedin’ hell isn’t she locked up?”

The anger in his voice gave her pause before she smirked and made her way to the kitchen, avoiding Wes’ looks as she poured herself a glass of his best Scotch.

“What part of not-being-able-to-hurt-people don’t you get Blondie?”

Spike scowled and moved to grab her arm but she evaded his grasp and plonked herself down on the couch.

Why didn’t he mind when she called him Blondie, but when Harmony did it annoyed the hell out of him?

Wes looked between the fuming Slayer and the smirking vampire and rolled his eyes.

“We need to decide what we’re going to do with her.”

Buffy’s head jerked up and she stood as if to defend herself.

“You aren’t doing anything to me.”

Spike smirked and took a step closer, intending to put her in her place once and for all.

“And you would stop us how? Way I see it Buff, you don’t have any say in what we do to you.”

Buffy fumed and forced her body to take a step back. She had come to him for help.

He could see the anger on her face. Spike stalked forward until he had her pinned to the wall even though he wasn’t touching her.

A stake appeared in his hands as if by magic and Buffy’s eyes flickered down to it before rising to the slayers.

“So your just gonna stake me? Doesn’t seem fair that now does it? Can‘t even fight back.”

Spike shrugged and shared a look with his Watcher.

“We don’t know how long that thing in your head will last. What’s to stop you from attacking us if you suddenly find yourself free from the pain?”

Buffy rolled her eyes, trying to hide her panic.

“I guess you wouldn’t just believe me if I said I wouldn’t hurt any of you?”

Spike snorted and raised the stake, pressing it gently against the exposed skin when her shirt gaped. He couldn’t help but glimpse a little of her navy bra as he looked at her.

Buffy could see it in his eyes. He meant to kill her. The Slayer wouldn’t risk his family, never again. He had let a demon close once and she had almost broken him.

This was never how she thought she’d go out. Not helpless.

“Wait Spike.”

Both Spike and Buffy turned to look at the Watcher, both strangely with relief in their eyes.

“She can help us find out who these people are. If the lab is under the university then odds are the faculty or students are involved. We can go through pictures, see who Buffy recognises.”

Spike stepped back and put his stake in his pocket.

“Okay then.”

Buffy let out a relieved breath sank down into the couch again.

“I’ll call Will over, she can hack into the college database for us.”

Spike went to do just that, leaving Wes with Buffy.

“He really would have killed you there.”

Buffy opened one eyes and gazed at him.

“And you didn’t even try to fight back.”

Buffy snorted.

“You try having your brain electrocuted and then see if your so fast to attack or defend.”

She closed her eyes, her demon protesting that it was hungry again.

“Any chance of being fed again?”

Spike threw her a dirty look and ignored her to talk to his Watcher.

Buffy sighed and closed her eyes. It hurt her every time he looked at her like she was nothing.

“Change of plans. We have to go to Will’s.”

Buffy just nodded and stood up.

“You got a hoodie or something I can borrow?”

Wes shook his head no causing Buffy to look at Spike.

“What about you? I can’t walk around town like this, if they see me they’ll know who I am.”

Spike grabbed up a bag he kept at his watchers for emergencies and pulled out a dark SHS hoodie he had in it.

“That would solve my problems though, I find out who the solders are and they take you off my hands.”

Buffy froze, the hoodie gripped tightly in her hands.

“No… Slayer… Spike… please… no… stake me if you want, but don’t give me back to them… please…”

Both men were shocked to see tears forming in the vampire’s eyes.

Spike took a step forward, something compelling him to try and repair the damage he had just caused.

Buffy whimpered and moved back.

“Please… know you hate me… but please don’t send me back there.”

He reached out and rested a hand on her shoulder.

“Buffy… I was only joking… bad taste obviously.”

Buffy pulled the hoodie on and avoided his eyes.

Spike reached out and cupped her chain, forcing her to look up at him.

“Promise you… I won’t let them take you.”

She gave a shaky smile and nodded.

Wes looked between the two, not liking the closeness he could see. The scars of Drusilla were still fresh in his mind.


tbc