Disclaimer: Joss is God. I don’t own a damn thing. Wish I did.

Buffy clutched her summer jacket closer to her body as another hard gust of wind assaulted her tiny frame. The clear night sky above was peppered with dazzling bright stars that seemed to shine a tiny spotlight down on every treetop on campus. A few rebellious raindrops, the color of crystal, fell from the little soft clouds and scattered with a small splashing sound on the gray concrete.

Upon feeling the cool drops on her neck and shoulders, Buffy quickened her step toward her dormitory. The wind picked up once more and her blond hair caught in it, tangled strands whipping her face and tickling her nose. Reaching up, she pushed the unruly wisps of hair back behind her ears where they would eventually become free yet again and fly this way and that.

Other students ran past her, hurriedly making their way to their room and out of the coming rain. Young men and their girlfriends laughed flirtatiously, clutching to each other as they walked. They stopped briefly at the main doors to hug and kiss. A few left after a good-night kiss and others were let up into rooms where they would engage in seemingly unknown acts of passion.

Buffy sighed heavily and took the outside steps two a time. Seeing others being happy with the person they loved was making her mind wonder in places it had no business going.

Like thinking about a certain bleach blonde, who wouldn’t be named.

Going out with Willow had been just the thing Buffy had needed to get him off her mind, but now that she was alone again, everything came rushing back to the surface.

Buffy smiled slightly as she remembered the evening she and the feisty redhead had. They had decided to go to the bronze since it was the only club in town and one of the only places that didn’t require id. After proceeding to consume more caffeine and sugar than the human body could handle, they danced themselves into a frenzy while enticing every warm-blooded college frat boy in the building. It made Buffy feel good to know that she hadn’t lost her ability to draw the attention of the other boys in town. Even if she was a fool for love when it came to Spike Mason.

But eventually the fun died down and Willow left with her boyfriend Oz, leaving Buffy with the rest of the night to do with as she pleased. After a short mental debate, the blonde decided to spend it alone in her dorm room with a good tear-jerker and an economy-sized box of Kleenex. So now with no other thoughts to occupy it, Buffy’s mind defiantly drifted back to her AWOL boyfriend.

She finally made it to her door. Small hands searched her jean packets for her keys and she let herself into the room. Absentmindedly, she flipped on the lights and walked over to the nightstand beside her bed where the answering machine sat, untouched. She tossed her keys carelessly on the table top and adverted her attention to the small machine. An angry ‘zero’ assaulted her hazel eyes and she closed them in order to clear her head.

Turning her mind on auto-pilot, she slowly stripped her body of her clothes and replaced them with her favorite ‘yummy sushi’ pajamas, before kicking the discarded clothes beside the laundry basket she had piled full of soiled clothes to take to her mother’s. She was just about to search for her hidden copy of ‘The Princess Bride,’ when a knock sounded throughout the room.

Buffy’s blonde head whipped suddenly to the direction of the door and her brows furrowed in confusion. Who would be knocking at my door at almost one in the morning? Everyone I know has a key. She thought, amusingly.

The knocked resounded and this time a voice accompanied it. “Buffy? Buffy, it’s me, luv.”

Buffy’s eyes automatically brighten to a brilliant shade of light green and a smile graced her features. Upon remembering how the owner of the beautifully accented voice hadn’t bothered to make contact with her in the last week, the smile faded, and a deep frown took it’s place.

“Spike?” She called, unsure. Maybe she was going crazy and imagined his voice…

“Yeah, it’s me, pet.”

Nope, no craziness there…

An eerie silence followed the few spoken words and Buffy felt as though all the air had been sucked out of the room within moments. Spike was on the other sided of that door. He was here. Here, and standing in her hallway, waiting for her to let in him. Oh! She realized, moving hurriedly toward the faux wooden door. She grabbed the handle and was prepared to turn it, when she suddenly stopped mid-action. She stared at the door thoughtfully.

“Buffy?” Spike called from the hallway after it become apparent that she wasn’t going to open the door right away. Upon not getting a response he tried again. “Luv?”

“Where have you been?” She asked timidly, finding her voice again. She only hoped that she didn’t sound as jealous as she really felt.

“I needed a few days to close up a coupla things. Can I come in?” Spike answered her question and asked one of his own.

“What kind of things?” She inquired, ignoring his request for the time being.

“Just some legal stuff with Dru. Let me come in and explain all of it.” He suggested, taking a step closer towards the door and placed a hand on the doorknob. He bounced nervously on the balls of his Doc Martins and glanced to the left as a few of Buffy’s neighbors passed by with a fleeting look. He shrugged at them nonchalantly.

“And you couldn’t take the time out of your busy life to pick up a phone or stop by and see me? Jeez, I was beginning to think you were dead!” The now angry blonde girl huffed.

Spike sighed heavily, running a hand through his rain-wetted hair. “So, I take it you’re mad.” He commented, feeling quite stupid. “Look, luv, you know that if I could’ve come to see you, I would o’ in a bloody heartbeat.”

“Then why didn’t you?” She challenged, putting her hands on her hips in annoyance. Her hazel eyes narrowed in suspicion. Had something to take care of with Dru? I wonder what that was… She thought heatedly.

“I told you. I had things to take care of before I could see you again.” Came the answer through the cheep wood imitation door. “Now can I please come in?” He repeated in mock frustration.

Buffy contempt plated his question for a moment, her eyes getting a far-away look in them, before shaking her head. “No.”

There was a pause while the bleach blonde man waiting impatiently in the hall absorbed this new information.

“No? Whaddya mean no?” He furrowed his brows in confusion.

“I mean no. As in ‘No you can’t come in until you explain yourself.’” She stated like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Buffy…” He sighed exasperatedly, placing his palms flat against his side of the door, and letting his weight rest in his upper arms as he switched from foot to foot. By now the passing neighbors had stopped to survey the scene in front of them, and even a few curious ones came out of their rooms to watch with interest ed eyes as the bleached young man, soaked through and through, tried to con his way inside the other blonde’s dorm.

Spike stood up straight and reached into his duster pocket. A few wet drops of salty liquid glided down the smooth slope of the leather and fell softly to the carpeted floor at his movement. He took a deep breath and pulled out a thick pile of stapled copy paper that was folded carelessly in half, the crease uneven and coated with a few drops of rain water. He slowly bent down and slide the papers underneath the doorframe and stood once more.

“Are you going to tell me or not?” She asked, feeling more frustrated by the minute.

“Look under the door.” He instructed in a soft voice, placing a single hand on the wood again.

Buffy raised a perfectly shaped brow in curiosity. “Look under my door? Look under the door for wh-” She stopped mid-sentence when she glanced down at the crème colored floor and noticed the floor papers at her feet.

Kneeling slowly, she reached out and retrieved the thick sheets and held them in her hands. Running a long French-tipped finger nail along the crease, she unfolded in quickly and skimmed it’s contents.

Her hazel eyes moved rhythmically over the typed letters that adorned the pages and soon filled with tears. Hands still gripping the sheets in a painful hold, Buffy raised her head up to the door in front of her. She stared at it in wonder as a single tear escaped the lids of her eyes and glided down the slope of her pink-tinted cheek and fell onto the paper, where it mixed with the raindrops.

She quickly wiped at the tears leaking out of her eyes with the back of her hand and rose to her feet.

“Buffy?” Spike called, concern ripping through his voice.

“These are-” She stopped to clear her suddenly dry throat as a few more tears slid down her flushed face. “These are divorce papers.” She stated softly, almost in a whisper.

“They are.” He confirmed in an equally low voice.

She raised her small hand and placed it flat against the door. She felt the cool grains of the wood under her fingertips and she smiled inwardly.

On the other side of the door, Spike still had his hand on the rough door, directly opposite hers.

Unknowingly, the two lovers touched hands, the thin door frame the only barrier.

“Buffy, can I come in?” He asked.

The blonde hurriedly unlocked the door, gripped the doorknob and ripped it open. Hazel eyes met blue, and locked. The silence seemed to stretch for miles and the onlookers waited in quiet for the two blondes to make a move.

Buffy was the first to find her voice. “You divorced Drusilla?” She questioned.

“Yes.” Was his simple response.

“Why?” Was her simple inquiry.

“Because I was tired, Buffy. I was tired of living a bloody lie. I don’t love her. I’m not sure if I ever did.” He chuckled, a brief moment of craziness in his tone. Like this was the riskiest thing he had ever done in his life. Like he was happy to be a free man. Her man…

“And you love me.” It wasn’t a question. It was simply a small statement to reassure herself what she was seeing was indeed real.

“And you love me.” He repeated matter-of-factly. “Which is how I ended up here. Soaking wet with rain and standing in your doorway.”

Buffy was quiet and continued to stare into his hypnotically blue eyes as he smiled. Not a smirk, but a real genuine smile that made him undoubtedly the most handsome man she had ever seen.

“I’ve always been standing in your doorway.” He continued huskily. “Don’t you think it’s about time you invited me in?”

A moment passed before a smile crept up over Buffy face and made her eyes sparkle with happiness. Then, with the divorce papers clutched tightly in her hand, she threw her arms around his neck and pulled him to her tightly.

He went willingly into her embrace and instinctively wrapped his muscled arms around her tiny frame and squeezed lightly, molding her body to his. He held on to her as her tears came back full-force and coated his already wet leather-clad shoulder. Kissing her neck, he whispered calming words of love and passion into her ears.

The neighbors smiled sweetly and went about their business as the two lovers embraced tightly.

And as the tears continued to flow, they were from joy not sorrow. They clung to each other for dear life as Spike told her that he loved her…that he would ALWAYS love her…that he would never leave her and that she would always be his and he would be hers.

And for the first time, she believed it.

The End

A/N: So, that's it. Hope you guys enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for the great reviews. You guys are awesome!