Author's Chapter Notes:
I OWN NOTHING!
Thanks everyone for taking your time to review! I hope your liking were im going with this story.

xx (:

Enjoy!
It was Thursday… What happened to Tuesday…? Wednesday….???

Buffy was miserable. She had never felt so sick to her stomach. She couldn’t believe the one person she trusted with her whole heart could betray her like this. It was on day three of lying around in her bed. There had convinced her mother she had a stomach bug and luckily for her, she hadn’t forced her to go to the doctor yet.

She was in her yummy sushi PJS and had a box of tissues sitting on her pillow. She was sick of hurting already and it was only the beginning. She heard a soft knock on her door and held her breath.

“Buffy, can I talk to you?” Dawn asked through the wood.

“I’m really not in the mood Dawn, please just go away.” Buffy sniffled.

“Buffy please, I really need to talk to you.” Buffy sighed loudly and rolled out of bed and went to unlock, open the door.

“What?” She yelled.

“Buffy, you can lie to mom all you want. You can’t lie to me though. You never miss school and you’ve missed the last few days. You haven’t been taking any of Spike’s calls. You’re making us tell him your too sick to talk. He seems miserable at school. Willow asked me today what was going on because you’re not returning her phone calls either. Come on…. Tell me what’s going on Buffy.” Dawn pleaded with her. Walking into her bedroom and plopping down on her bed.

“Dawn, its complicated okay?” Buffy told her and started pacing the floor.

“Well then make me understand. I’m here for you. I can listen. Just please… Tell me.” She begged her.

Buffy let out a deep sigh and decided to go back to the beginning.

***Friday late night.***

Buffy was still breathing heavy from having the most amazing orgasm of her life. She replayed the scene back in her head behind closed eyes, and then she stopped breathing. ‘I told him I loved him, and worst of all he didn’t tell me it back.’ She thought.

She opened her eyes and glanced over at Spike who was staring at her. She raised her hand and gave him a shy wave.

“HI.” She muttered.

“Hey yourself.” He replied, smirking.

“I’m going to run to the bathroom.” She went to jump out of the bed, but felt a hand grip her arm.

“Wait love. I don’t want you to run away from me. I know that’s what you’re doing.”

“I so am not…running, I have to… pee?” She said with question in her voice. He gave her a smug look, and raised his eyebrow.

“Pet, I have feelings… strong feelings. I just want to make sure there love. You’re amazing and I’m not saying I don’t think it is love, because it very well could be. I just want to know for sure.” He lied. He’d been in love with her for weeks now. He just didn’t want to admit it to her. He was trying to keep himself guarded. Falling in love scared him too much.

Buffy only nodded. She was completely humiliated. She had just confessed her feelings to a man who ‘thought’ he may love her. For all she knew he could have just been saying that to make her feel better, and he was going to run for the hills as soon as she left.

“I’m really tired Spike, can we sleep now?” Buffy faked a yawn.

“Sure pet. Get some sleep.” Buffy rolled over fighting back the tears in her eyes and almost failed as she felt Spike snuggle into her back.

She closed her eyes and fell into a torturous sleep.

**NOW***

Dawn gave her sister a pointed look. “Buffy, that really does suck. And yes I’m sorry, but you can’t seriously be locking yourself in your room because your boyfriend said he may love you, he just doesn’t know for sure yet?” Dawn told her sister honestly.

Buffy wiped her eyes angrily. “No I was getting to the next part loud mouth. That’s only 5% of why I am this upset.” She growled at her.

Dawn raised her hands in a no harm way. “Sorry Buffy, please continue. I won’t interrupt again until I know you’re done.”

Buffy took a deep sighed and tried not to choke on the next words. “It was all a fucking game.”

“What do you mean, it was all a game?” Dawn raised an eyebrow looking at her sister in concern.

***Monday afternoon 4 days until prom.”****

She hadn’t seen Spike all weekend. After leaving his house in a hurry Saturday morning, she made up several excuses to not see him. Finally after a few boxes of tissues and some thinking, she decided that he was worth it and she was going to make him know he loved her. No matter what.

She was half way through her day and knew he’d stop by his locker before his next class, so she grew some courage and was going meet him there to apologize for the cold shoulder this weekend. She rounded the corner and spotted him talking to Angel. She crept up behind him prepared to put her hands over his eyes and play some guess who.

“So she gave it up to you?” She stopped dead in her tracks hearing Angel.

‘What, Spike told him we… we.’ Her stomach quenched. She couldn’t even finish her thought.

“Yeah, but that’s just it. It was good, best lay I ever had, mate. Now she won’t even talk to me. She’s been avoiding me it seems.” Spike admitted with his back still toward her. Angel looked over his shoulder and noticed Buffy; he got a wicked idea and kept going.

“Well maybe you weren’t good enough for her.” Angel joked, knowing it would rally him up.

Spike chuckled and punched him lightly on the arm. “Hardly, best lay she’d ever have, I doubt she’d tell me she loved me if it wasn’t earth shattering.” Spike said defending his male ego.

Angel glanced at Buffy who had visibly paled. “Oh shit man, she told you she loved you? That’s in too deep. Maybe next time we decide to place a bet with a girl we should make sure she won’t get to emotionally involved.”

Buffy felt her world fall off its axel. ‘I was a bet???’ She knew she was going to throw up.

“Watch it Angel.” Spike said defensively. Buffy saw some light at the end of this shitty tunnel. ‘At least he’s defending me.’ She thought.

“Come on Spike get real. If Cordiela would have never broken up with you, you would have never tried to replace her. Therefore we never would of betted you could make any girl prom queen.” Angel admitted glancing once more at Buffy and mouthing a quick sorry to her as Spike reached into his locker once more.

Buffy had heard enough. She was played like a fool and she had to get out of there. She took one last look at them and ran down the hall barley making it to the bathroom before she emptied her stomach into the toilet. Once the dry heaves finished racking her body, she slid down to the floor and leaned against the stall door and cried hardly than she’d ever cried before.

***NOW***

Dawn was staring at Buffy in complete disbelief. “Buffy, I don’t even know what to say. I can’t believe he would do something like that.” She leaned forward on the bed and held her sister while she sobbed. Trying not to cry herself.

“I’m so stupid. I fell in love with him. I had sex with him. I did things I would have never done with just anybody, and it meant nothing to him.” She sobbed, clutching onto her sister.

Dawn rubbed her back and whispered calming words to her broken sister. Once she had Buffy calm she came up with a scheme.

“Buffy, does Spike know you heard his conversation with Angel?” Dawn wondered.

“Not unless Angel told him, which I seriously doubt. It was kind of like he wanted me to know. Like he was looking out for me or something.” Dawn eye’d her curiously but only nodded.

“Well, Buffy I have an idea.” She told her with an evil gleam in her eye.

“What are you planning?” Buffy was becoming worried. She wasn’t ready to face Spike. Just seeing him and knowing everything she felt had been so real and pure, was nothing to him would break her more apart.

“Remember what mom always taught us?” Buffy eyeballed her questionably. “Don’t get made get even.”

Buffy nodded her head. “What do you have in mind?”

“Well…” Dawn told her the plan and by the end Buffy was nodding crazily.

“You’re brilliant; he wouldn’t even be expecting that.” Buffy said triumphantly, grabbing her sister for a bear hug. Dawn sighed with relief and pulled away from Buffy.

“Okay so its time to call him.” Buffy grabbed the phone from Dawn and took a long steady breath.


Chapter End Notes:
NOTE: I update really fast. I realized by a review I just got that because of that people are missing some chapters. MAKE SURE YOU LOOK BACK A CHAPTER TO MAKE SURE YOU READ IT! I've got a flow going, now especially and i'd hate for you guys to miss anything!
Thanks again for reading.
Hope you are enjoying!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE REVIEW!!! It only takes a second! (:

THANKS!