Author's Chapter Notes:
I OWN NOTHING!
JUST FOR FUN! (:
Spike practically fell into his bed Thursday night. He still hadn’t talked to Buffy, and it had been almost a week sense he’d seen her. He couldn’t figure out what had happened. She could have really been sick, but why wouldn’t she at least be talking to him over the phone. He kept replaying there night together over and over in his head, and not one time did he find a flaw. They’re bodies meshed together so perfectly, she responded so well to him, he could still practically feel her, and yet now they weren’t even talking. He let out a deep sigh and brought his palms up to cover his face, and wiped away the perspiration on his forehead.

As he got up to discard his shirt he felt his phone buzzing in his pocket. He anxiously pulled it out, flung it open quickly when he saw the screen… Buffy.

“Hello, Buffy?” Spike asked.

*******

Buffy was now sitting cross legged on her floor with dawn in front of her, nodding. Buffy shook her head back and handed over the phone to Dawn.

“Buffy?” They both heard Spike say from the other end. Buffy’s eyes welled up with tears and she gave a pleading look to Dawn.

Dawn put the phone to her ear then. “Hey Spike, it’s Dawn.”

“Dawn, is everything okay? Where’s Buffy?” He asked nervously.

“Oh, she’s getting better. She’s sleeping right now.” She lied, and Buffy nodded giving her encouragement.

“Spike, I’m calling because Buffy wanted me to tell you she still wanted to go to the prom tomorrow night. She said to keep the plans you guys had the same, and she’ll be ready by the time you get here at 7.” Dawn confirmed, and she could almost here Spike pacing the floor.

“You sure she is going to be up for that. I mean if she is still too sick to call-“

“She’s feeling better. They medicine she is taking just makes her sleep a lot. I can assure you though she looks way better than Monday and she will be feeling back to normal by tomorrow.” Dawn said sternly, praying to the powers that be he would buy it.

******

Spike nodded into the phone, knowing she couldn’t see him.

“Alright Dawn. Tell Buffy I will see her at 7 tomorrow, and that I can’t wait, I’ve missed her.” He said feeling miserable inside.

“Okay Spike I will. Bye now.”

“Bye bit.” He shut his phone and tossed it on the bed. He was so excited she had Dawn call. He decided tomorrow. He would finally tell her he loved her. He stripped down, crawled into bed and for the first night this week he actually fell into an easy sleep.

*****

Dawn clicked Buffy’s cell phone shut and put it back down on the side table. Before turning to her sister with Frustration. “What the hell was that Buffy, I thought we’d agreed you would call him? Why the hell did you bail like that?”

“Dawn, I’m sorry, okay. I just heard his voice and I couldn’t, wasn’t ready to talk to him yet. I knew I’d break down, I just need to prepare myself is all.” Buffy muttered weakly.

“Well, you’re going to be with him all night tomorrow, by yourself. How are you going to be able to do that if you couldn’t even handle a simple phone call?” She questioned giving her sister a pointed look.

“Look, I will worry about tomorrow once we’ve gotten there. Right now I’m going to take a bath change into some new PJS, maybe read a little bit and then go to bed. Tomorrow I will deal with Spike. I will prepare myself and it’ll all be okay.” Buffy walked over to her dresses and pulled out some clean clothes and headed out the door to the bathroom with Dawn following close behind.

“Listen, I love you Buffy, you’re my sister. I only want what’s best for you, and tomorrow… rock his world Buff. Don’t give him the satisfaction of seeing you cry. Do what you need to do, for you okay? That’s all I want, is for you to be okay.” Dawn reached out and gave her a firm squeeze before turning and walking back to her bedroom.

Buffy nodded at her turned back, walked into the bathroom and closed the door, trying to hold back the tears. She turned on the facet and let the tub fill as she sat against the door, mentally preparing herself for tomorrow. She wanted to blindside him. She just hoped she’d have the courage to, and she really wanted to win for once... in all things.


Chapter End Notes:
Short but to the point.
Hope everyone's ready for the prom!

I don't know if ill be able to update until next week due to the Holiday.
I will update soon as I can though.
Thanks everyone who reviews!