Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing. Just for fun.

Thanks everyone who reviewed!
Hope you like the roller coaster ride. (:
Buffy was ready for it all to be over, she sat at a table near the back and twiddled her thumbs together. She hadn’t realized how awkward this night was going to be. She had barley talked to Spike. He kept preoccupied with his friends most of the limo ride over and throughout dinner. He just excused himself to go to the bathroom and now she was sitting by herself in a daze getting her nervous together because crowning was going to happen soon enough.

Spike was in his own little world. He stood leaning against the bathroom sink, looking at himself in the mirror. “Alight mate, tonight’s the night. You’re going to tell her.” He encouraged himself. “Oh aren’t I a loon. Talking to yourself now mate, bloody pathetic.” Sighing, he got up courage and left the bathroom.

He padded back to the table he left Buffy at. ‘God she is so beautiful.’ He told himself.

He reached for her hand took it in his, planted a chaste kiss on her knuckles. “May I have a dance love?” He was drawing slow circles against her palm causing her breath to hitch, and face to flush.

“Yes, I’ll dance with you.” She stood on shaky legs. ‘Remember the plan, remember the plan.’ Kept chanting over and over in her mind.

They reached the dance floor and were lost in each other instantly. Buffy missed how Spike felt pressed against her. His smell poised her nostrils and she felt herself falling over the edge as tears pulled in her eyes. She loved him more than she wanted air to fill her lungs, but knowing it was all fake to him killed her inside. So swallowing her last little bit of love and want, she clung to him like he was her life line for the remainder of the slow song.

Spike was in heaven. He’d been without his girl for a week now, and finally having her in his arms again was divine. He pressed his nose into her air and inhaled deeply, claiming her, remembering her. The way she clung to him, he knew, she felt the way he did. She had missed him too. He smiled to himself and enjoyed this, having his girl back in his arms.

As the song was coming to an end, Spike pulled back grabbed a hold of Buffy’s hands and gave her a gentle squeeze. “Buffy baby, there’s something I need to tell you, well something I should of told you a while ago, I’ve just been too scared to.” He brought one hand up her arm and cupped her face bringing her up to his lips for a sweet kiss.

“Spike-“ Buffy tried to pull back from him. She didn’t want to melt, or break apart.

“Buffy, I just need you to know that you’re the most amazing person I have ever met. You care about people even when you shouldn’t; you are constantly doing things for others. You never complain, lie, or intentionally hurt anyone and you’re the one Buffy. I’m sorry it took me so long to say it, but baby I love-“

“Don’t you say it.” Buffy hissed through clenched teeth.

Spike was taken back by her outburst dropped her hands and took a step back from her. “Buffy, is it because I didn’t tell you after we made love. I’m sorry, okay. I just wasn’t sure how I felt, but I know now. And I love-“

“I told you not to say it. I don’t want to hear it at all Spike.” She spat his name like venom. “How dare you even mention us ‘making love’.” She said sarcastically bringing up her fingers and air quoting. “Like it meant something. You know good and well it was nothing.” As she turned to walk away Spike grabbed a hold of her forearm and snatched her back to him.

“What the bloody hell are you talking about? You know damn well, it wasn’t nothing. It was a revolution Buffy. Why in the hell are you doing this? What did I do?” Spike asked hurting so badly. He didn’t understand everything was perfect.

Just as Buffy opened her mouth to answer him Jonathan’s voice rung out over the mic. “Alright seniors it’s the moment a few of you have been waiting for… The announcing of prom king and queen. Let’s just say this year it was a pretty close race. Without further delay I will announce them. Okay, this years prom king is, well no surprises there… Spike Giles.”

Spike turns and looks a Buffy with pained eyes. “Buffy, we’ll finish this in a minute. Yeah.” With a nod from her, he makes his way through the crowd to the stage to get crowned. Everyone is roaring with excitement.

“Alight, now that our king is crowned time to see who our lucky queen is going to be. Alright drum roll please.” Jonathan announces. “This year’s senior prom queen is…”

Everyone in the crowd held their breath. Angel and Spike looked like they were both about to throw up as Jonathan opened the folded paper. While Buffy and Cordelia looked hopeful.

“Buffy Summers.” A loud roar of applause swam through the gym and to Buffy’s ears. She gulped big and slowly stumbled to the stage passing an irate Cordy. Buffy turned to her and plastered on her academy award winning smile, nodded, then walked up the stairs to the stage.

Spike smiled proudly at Angel, who looked dumb folded.

Jonathan gave a proud smile to Buffy and placed the crown on her head. “Congratulations Buffy, I knew you could do it.” He told her and handed the mic over to Spike so he could say his speech.

Spike looked over at Buffy and smiled, then started his speech. “I can’t thank all of you enough for voting for me. It really does mean a lot. I could go on and on with a speech about how great this is, or how you all rock, but I won’t. Mostly I just want you all to know I appreciate it, and I won’t forget it.” After he received whistles and some more claps, he handed the mic over to Buffy.

She felt nervous and looked down at the mic and then once more at Spike then turns to the crowd. “First I want to thank all of you who voted for me, who wanted me to be up here as your prom queen. Thank you, it means more to me than any of you know. However, I did not expect to win, nor did I want to.” Several people from the audience gasped. She turned to Spike then with the mic still raised to her lips. “You asked me what you did, why I didn’t believe you. Well think really hard, it’s not that complex, I’m sure even you could figure it out.” She was done with the lies, the betrayal. He was going to know she knew. NOW!

Spike was stunned he looked at her hard but couldn’t figure out what she was talking about. He whispered. “Buffy, what are you talking about? I didn’t do anything. Put the mic down and we’ll talk about this after we get off the stage.”

“NO! I think we will talk about it right here, right now. What Spike was I so insignificant that you forgot already? Forgot what you did? Well maybe we should ask Angel. Yeah, why don’t we do that Spike? I bet he knows exactly what I’m talking about.” Reality hit home hard and Spike realize she knew. He went to reach for her but she snatched away from him.

“From the look on your face, I’m guessing you figured it out. What Spike, was I really nothing, just a sad poor excuse, a waste, as Cordiela says? Actually I was thinking sense you’re the one who had to “bet” to get a girl to go out with you, I’m going to say, you Spike are sad, a waste, a poor excuse for a man. Not me Spike.”

“No love you’re perfect and I love you so much. I’m sorry, so bleeding sorry Buffy. I never wanted you to find out about the bet. It was stupid and I wish I could take it back baby, I really do, please believe me. You have to believe me Buffy. I can’t lose you.” He pleaded looking like someone just ran over his dog.

She handed the Mic over to Jonathan and turned back to Spike with a poisonous glare. “Believe you, you expect me to believe you. Everything about you has been a lie, from the beginning.” She said retreating to him, ready to punch him with everything she had. “Who knows what was even true? Did your mom even really die, or was that just some scheme to get me into bed faster.”

Everyone gasped and Spike saw red. He stalked to her towering over her. “Of course it was true, I wouldn’t lie about that. I didn’t lie about anything real Buffy. The only thing I did was make a fucking bet with Angel, which yes was soddin fucked up Buffy, but I never lied about my family or my feelings. I told you things about myself no one knows. Things I’ve never been comfortable enough to tell anyone. You changed me Buffy, made me a better man. Come on sweets, you have to know that. Somewhere deep inside you have to know it was real and that I love you.” He reached for her.

Buffy felt the tears threatening to fall, and turned away from Spike. “I don’t believe you. You’re a lying manipulating shit and I never want to see you again. I hate you Spike Giles. I will never ever forgive you for hurting, and humiliating me like this.” She glanced back at him with tear streaked face and hurried off the stage and out of the gym away from the only man she’d ever loved.


Chapter End Notes:
WELL?

Yes I had to make Buffy a little harsh for now, but it usually doesn't last long...RIGHT?

REVIEW?!? tell me whatcha think plz!