Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing. Just for fun.

UPDATED FAST AGAIN, go back and make sure you didn't miss a chapter! I hope you guys like where im going with this story!

Enjoy(:
Spike was miserable. No worse than miserable. He hadn’t seen Buffy sense prom night and it was now Monday morning before school. He had tried calling her all weekend and Dawn kept answering telling him to stop fucking calling, that Buffy didn’t want anything to do with him. He deserved it though, he knew it. He should have never made that bet with Angel. He was mad at Cordelia and in return ended up hurting the one girl he’d never wanted to.

All weekend he’d been trying to come up with some kind of plan to get her to believe him, and failed in all ways. He loved her so much, but how was he supposed to make her believe it? He decided he was going to talk to Willow today. He prayed he wouldn’t be in too much trouble from her. He really needed someone on his side.

Spike walked into Sunnydale in his usual attire, jeans, polo, and Nikes. Walked back to his locker in a daze pulled out his first period books, and then went on his hunt for Willow. He found her quickly in the library talking to Tara, and Anya. The all grew silent once he approached.

“Willow, can I talk to you for a minute please?”

“Really mister, you think I want to talk to you. After being with my best friend all weekend as she cried her eyes out because you broke her heart into a million tiny pieces, holding her hair while she threw up because she’s just so sick of hurt, you think you have some right to waltz in here and ask me to talk to you. Please Spike I have nothing to say to you.” She grabbed her book bag and attempted to leave the library.

“Willow, please I’m beggin’ you. I need to talk to you. It’s important.” He pleaded with her. Willow looked into his deep blue eyes and saw a pain that matched Buffy’s.

“Fine, but you only have 3 minutes and I’m leaving.” She said with a pointed stare and a finger. They walked to the back upper level of the library. “Alright talk.” She said waving her hands in the air.

“Willow, first I just want you to know I never wanted to hurt Buffy. I made that bet before I even really knew her. It wasn’t supposed to even be serious. I was just supposed to go to a few parties with her, make her laugh, a few dinners here and there and bam it was done.” Willow huffed.

“Along the way, I got to know her. We started dating and I fell in love with her. She’s smart, sweet, funny, and there’s so much good in her. She makes me see the world from a different perspective and I love her for it. I love how she’s so honest and that she tries so hard, even when she knows no one is going to give it a moment of their time. I love her Willow, everything about her. I’m asking you to please help me get her back. I have to make this up to her. No, I need to make this up to her. I want to spend my life with her and I don’t know how I’m going to fix it, but I have to. Will you help me? Please?” Spike begged her, practically in tears.

“Spike, she’s my best friend. I was with her all weekend and I’ve never seen her so… broken. She was beside herself, she was devastated and it was because of you, because she loves you.”

“I know willow and I’m so sorry-“

“Let me finish.” She said with her resolve face. Spike held up his hands and waved for her to go on. “I know she loves you because, like I said I saw it this weekend. I can tell you love her too. I mean no guy in his right mind would of came in here to talk to her very pissed off best friend. Right?” He nodded vigorously and she sighed heavily. “Spike I’m not happy with you, really upset you hurt her the way you did. However I want her to be happy, she deserves to be happy, so yes Spike I will help you.”

Spike leaped forward and pulled her into a bear hug. “Thank you Willow. God, thank you so much.”

“Spike this is your one chance, if you hurt her again. I will hurt you, and trust me, not so nice when I’m pissed.”

“There won’t be a next time, I promise. Scouts honor.”

“Somehow, I doubt you were a scout.” Spike raised an eyebrow and chuckled.

“So this is what I was thinking we could do.” He and Willow came up with a plan to swoop Buffy off her feet. The only problem was would she swoon?


*************************************************


Buffy arrived to school in a daze. She spent the whole weekend crying and was now all cried out. She woke up threw on her some sweats, an oversized hoodie, her glasses and left for school. She didn’t care about the clothes, the contacts, everything reminded her of Spike and their fake relationship together, so it was time to go back to the ordinary her. The her without him.

Once at school, the buzz around her was all she heard. Regardless of what she told herself, she knew they were talking about her, the prom, and Spike. It was only five minutes into her horrific school day and she was already sick of the stares. She just wanted to ground to open up and swallow her whole, but knew no matter how much she prayed, that would never happen. With a sigh she walked to her first block class, hoping for the best.

Most of the day passed in a blur and it was soon enough time for lunch. Buffy had yet to see Spike and thanked the powers that be for it. She didn’t know how she’d react to him, and wasn’t ready to find out. With an apple and a diet coke in hand she walked over to her table where Willow, Tara, and Anya all sat waiting for her. She dropped down her book bag and started working on her apple once she was sitting.

“Hey Buffy, missed you last week.” Anya announced.

“Yeah mee to-oo.” Tara agreed.

Buffy only nodded and popped the lid on her soda.

“Buffy, how were your first couple classes. Got a lot of make-up work? You know I’ll help you if you want.” Willow offered.

“Surprisingly not too much. Mostly just a few tests. No biggie.” Shrugging her shoulders.

They all got the message and decided to just let Buffy come to them. She would eventually and they didn’t want to pressure her. They were lost in conversation and looked up as Buffy inhaled harshly and started coughing hard.

Spike had just walked in the cafeteria and as Buffy took a large sip of soda and broke into a coughing fit once his heated blue eyes made contact with hers. She turned quickly and tried to get her coughing under control. Willow jumped up and started patting her on the back.


“Are you okay Buffy?” Willow asked as the fit stopped.

“Yeah fine, went down the wrong pipe. Thanks for that.” Buffy smiled.

“Good to see you smiling Buffy.” Willow sat back down.

“Have you talked to Spike?” Anya blurted, she had been holding it in long enough and was about to internally combust, it wasn’t in her blunt nature to keep quiet.

“No, I haven’t. He called a bunch, but I got Dawn to tell him to leave me alone. I don’t have anything to say to him. I don’t get why he won’t stop trying.” Buffy said aggravated.

“I dunno, maybe because he realizes what a jerk he was and that he really does love you.” Anya admitted earning a glare from Buffy.

“Even if that was true, why would I forgive him? He hurt me worse than anyone ever has, used me. How is that forgivable?” She asked with shrugged shoulders.

“Buffy, no one’s saying to forgive him. Maybe you should just hear him out. See what he has to say for himself.” Willow muttered, hoping Buffy wouldn’t bite her head off.

“Hear him out. He made me believe our relationship was real and used me. Why would I give him the time of day to weasel his way back in and hurt me more?” Buffy stared at them in disbelief, grabbed her book bag and got up from her seat, causing Willow to follow in tow.

“Buffy I’m really sorry, I shouldn’t of said anything I just-“

“Willow, it’s okay. I just need a minute, see you after school.” She turned gave Spike one last look and headed out of the cafeteria.

Spike had been watching her ever since he made eye contact with her, he noticed the heat up in conversation and her jump up and storm off. She looked at him with the coldest eyes, and it practically made him shiver.

Spike glanced at Willow once Buffy exited, she just shrugged her shoulders gave him the one minute finger and headed back to her table.

With a deep sigh Spike turned back to his lunch and his friends, and made a silent prayer.


Chapter End Notes:
Do you like the Willow/Spike scheme?
Lemme know.

Take the time to review!

Only a few chapter left.

Thanks again everyone who reviews you rock! (: