Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing. Fun only.

(:
By the end of the day Buffy was exhausted. She was sick of everyone staring and being the main topic of conversation. Not that anyone was being mean to her, it was mostly everyone was feeling sorry for her. ‘I don’t want fucking pity, I want to be left alone.’ She thought making her way to the front of the school, waiting for Dawn so they could walk home. She needed some fresh air and figured now would as good a time as any.

She sat on the curb for about five minutes when she heard the foot steps behind her. Hoping up, rubbing the grass off of her. “Well I was wondering how long it was going to take you to…” Glancing up she stared into the eyes of the one person she wanted to get as far away from as possible. “What the fuck do you want?” Buffy shouted.

“Buffy please, can I talk to you for a minute?”

“NO YOU CAN’T!!!!” She screamed, turning to get away from him. He reached forward and grabbed her hand that she snatched away. “What do you want from me Spike? I have nothing, absolutely fucking nothing to say to you.” She once again went to walk away.

“Buffy you may have nothing to say, but I have tons. Please, will you please just let me talk to you?” Spike begged chasing after her.

“Dawn is supposed to be meeting me here and if you don’t mind I would like you to not be here when she finally does.”

“She isn’t going to be here; Willow is meeting her and taking her home.” Spike said causing Buffy to whirl around and glare at him.

“Willow knew you were going to meet me here? She knew and still let me wait here for Dawn? Whose side is she on?”

“Yours Buffy, she wants you to be happy and she knows that I make you happy, so she wants me to fix this.”

“I refuse to stand here and listen to this.” Buffy continued her walk home, with Spike staying behind her.

“Buffy, I’m not going to let this go. I have to talk to you. Have to make you understand. I won’t just let you drop this. You know this was real, regardless of how it happened and I’m not going to let you throw us away because of the stupid mistake I made.” Buffy was full blown crying and stopped walking because she could no longer see through her eyes. She turned to him.

“I can’t do this again. I won’t, so sick of crying, hurting. Please just let this go.” She got herself together wiped her nose on her sleeve and tried to leave him there.

Spike advanced on her, and pulled her into a giant hug. “Buffy I will do anything to fix this. Please just give me a chance to. These last few days have been bleedin’ terrible and I don’t want to live anymore without you.” He pulled back and cupped her face, wiping away the falling tears. “I’m so sorry baby; please can you let me try to fix this? I will do anything Buffy.”

She realized what he was doing and pushed him off of her hard. “You think you can just say sweet words and I’ll let you back in, after everything you did? Forget all the bullshit you’ve put me through. You played me, used me like I was nothing and you expect me to just forgive you… I won’t be able to just forget this Spike. No matter what this will always be there in the way, like a wall. I can’t just get over this. I don’t know how you could even ask me too.”

“I’m just asking for a chance. I know it’s not gonna be easy, and I know I don’t deserve it, but Buffy I have to try. You can try to say whatever you want, or make this up in your head however you want, but you can’t stand there look me in the eye and tell me you don’t know that I love you. You can’t tell me our relationship wasn’t real, because the feelings we shared and things we did after…. they were real Buffy. I know you realize that deep down. You wouldn’t be crying if these feelings weren’t real.”


“Yeah, my feelings are real. I didn’t do anything. I was just some poor girl you sunk your teeth into.”

“What is it going to take with you Buffy? I’m sorry alright, and I know I fucked up really bad, but I’m bloody trying. Can’t you at least give me that, a crumb, a maybe Spike someday?” He begged with tears now sliding down his own cheeks.

Buffy let out a sigh looked down at the walkway and collected her thoughts. “I don’t believe in second chances, my mom always told me screw me once shame on you screw me twice shame on me. Spike I don’t think I could handle being hurt like this again. You don’t know how hard this was, how bad I felt.” She paused for a minute to try to calm her crying. “When I heard Angel and you talking about the bet and how you gave me the best lay I’d ever had it tore my insides out.” Spikes breath caught and a sob tore from his throat.

“Buffy love, I didn’t realize you heard that. You were never meant to hear that. I was just being a ponce, you know talking to my mates and I got carried away.”

“Well what about the next time you get carried away? The next time Angel wants to test your man hood? What then, are you going to deny we're even together?” With a pointed glare and blood shot eyes Buffy tried to hold her composure, but the resolve was slowly falling and she realized now more than ever, Spike was telling the truth.

“That won’t happen again Buffy, I swear it. I love you, more than anything. Words can’t even justify the amount of sorry I feel for hurting you like that. Let me fix it Buffy… Please?” He begged.

Buffy looked at his sad crying face and his eyes bore in to her equally miserable one. They both hated this, so what should she do? Without too much more thought she stepped forward grabbed Spikes face and smashed his lips down to hers, causing them both to moan from the contact. They kissed away the last few days, kissed away the hurt, and only knew love.

After several minutes of heated kisses and a few car honks, Buffy pulled away and rested her head on Spikes chest, breathing hard.

“I missed you.” She said smiling into his chest and could feel his heart hammering against his ribcage.

“God, love I missed you more than words could say.” He tightened his hold on her and didn’t let go until she pulled away. “So does this mean, I get another chance?”


Buffy shook her head at him. “No.” Spike raised a curious eyebrow causing her to chuckle. “Chances are only taken as a risk for something you want… and I don’t want to risk anything with you. I love you Spike Giles and no matter how fucked up it may seem, I want to spend my life with you… So no risks, or chances, this is it… if you want to take it, that is?” She said looking up at him with a flushed face.

Spike didn’t even answer her; he just leaned down and captured her lips in another searing kiss. “Sweets, thank you. Thank you so much!” She smiled. “Buffy I have one question?”

“What???” She wondered.

“When did you hear me and Angel talking?” She raised a curious eyebrow but nodded and went on for about five minutes telling him the whole story, from the time she walked up to his locker, to Angel seeing her, helping her. To her walking away at the end.

“You mean to tell me he knew you were there and kept pushing me?” Spike’s blood was boiling. He couldn’t believe his ‘best friend’ would pull something so low.

“I thought he was trying to warn me? He had tried to warn me a few times before that about you, but I pretty much just ignored them, up until I heard you at your locker.” Buffy shivered at the terrible memory but didn’t let it get to her.

“So much for long term mates, and all that rot. Listen Buffy, I’m going to walk you home and then head over to have a word with Angel.”

“Hell no, you don’t get to have all the fun. I’m coming too.” She turned back around so they could walk to his car.

“Are you sure love? He can be a right ponce and I don’t want him to say anything to you.” Spike was on fire, he wanted to beat the crap out of Angel.

“No worries, I’m pretty tough. Let’s go show him whatcha got.” She took off toward his car and Spike followed in awe.

He had his girl back and that was all he wanted. He turned and followed his girl. It was time to teach Angel a lesson.


Chapter End Notes:
soooo???

Review...