Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing... just for fun.

I was _ this close to ending it here, but i got inspiration for one more chapter. (:

Thanks again everyone who took the time to review, and who will review.

Enjoy(:
Angel sat in his garage with the door open enjoying the almost summer air. He felt accomplished by his Buffy scheme and was so glad Spike was letting that girl go. He smiled to himself wickedly and walked around to the back yard so he could go for a swim. As he unlocked the gate he heard footsteps coming up behind him. Turning quickly he smiled brightly at his best friend.

“Spike, what’s up man? I didn’t realize you were going to be here. I would have gotten some beer.” Angel reached out to smack his hand, but got nothing, not even a reply. “Okay… Spike what’s wrong, you got crazy eye man?”

“Funny thing you see, I just talked to Buffy. You do remember Buffy right, my girlfriend, the girl you soddin told to stay away from your best mate. Buffy the girl who was standing behind me when you got me talkin about the bleedin bet? What the hell Angel, were supposed to be pals and you stab me in the back like that. You couldn’t stand to see me happy, so you went and tried to bugger it all up for me.”

“Oh please Spike, you knew you wouldn’t really be happy with the Virgin Mary, I was just helping you get her out of your system. You had a moment of temporary insanity, but now that she is out of the picture we can forget about this stupid bet and little Miss Buffy Summers.” Angel laughed hole heartedly. “Come on man lets go swim.”

“Are you serious?” Spike growled, advancing on him. “You think we’re going to swim? Mate you practically ruined my life. I love Buffy and because you couldn’t handle me being with her you went behind my bleedin back, lied about me, and then you bloody well hurt her in the lowest possible way.” He shoved Angel back into the gate. “I’m done, you’re pathetic.” Spike turned and walked away, but Angel wasn’t having that and started after him.

“So you think you’re really going to be happy, she’s fucking nobody Spike. What makes you think she’ll hold your interest?” Spike spun around to beat his face in, but everything happened so fast. Angel was tapped on the shoulder then and as he turned around he got a hard punch to the nose.

Spike smirked. “What can I say mate? She’s just full of surprises.”

“Oh god, you stupid bitch. I think you broke my nose.” Angel spat, as blood poured down his face soaking the collar of his shirt.

“Sorry.” She mouthed and sent Angel a sweet wave and grabbed Spikes hand lacing their fingers. “You ready to go baby? I think we’re done here, Angel you should really go check that out. It looks pretty bad.” She tugged Spikes arm and they ran back to his car laughing. Hearing Angel’s loud curse words on the way.

“Has anyone ever told you how bleedin fantastic you are?” Spike asked opening the passenger side door for her.

“Not today, but if I didn’t know any better I’d say someone was trying to suck up?” Buffy gave a mischievous grin.

“That obvious huh?” He chuckled, reached up, running his fingers through is shaggy hair. Buffy just laughed and hoped into the car.

Spike ran around quickly and got in starting the car and pealing out of there. Buffy squealed and rolled down the window to let the air wash over her. She turned to Spike then and he just smiled happily.

“So Spike?”

He raised a quirked eyebrow at her tone. “What love?”

“I was just thinking… About that bet?” Spike turned to her at a stop light with a frown marrying his face.

“What about it?”

“Well, what were the wages?” Spike just laughed and shook his head.

“What? Not going to tell me? Chicken?” She challenged with a smirk.

“You’ll see love… Angel’s always good to his word; we’ve been doing this for years.” Buffy sighed and Spike laughed harder.

“Well is it good at least?”

“Yeah love, it’s good alright.” He just nodded and continued to drive.

He had her.

She had him.

And that was all that mattered.


Chapter End Notes:
One more chapter! (:

Review please.