Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing Spuffy related. This story is just for fun.

*** SPIKE IS A PREPPY JOCK IN MY STORY! ****** FYI
8 P.M. Sharp

Buffy walked into the bronze and headed straight for her usual table. Willow, Tara, and Anya were already there.

"Hey guys." Buffy said greeting her friends.

"Hey look its Buffy!" Called Anya cheerfully.

"We were wondering when you were going to show up. You usually beat us here." Tara said.

'Well im usually not putting thought into the outfit im going to wear either.' She thought.

Which was true. Buffy looked down at her loosely fitting blue jeans and white flowing peasant top. Her hair was up in a pony tail instead of its usual braid and she had some lip gloss on. She instantly felt stupid, knowing she did this for the slight chance she would run into Spike tonight.

'Yeah Buffy, no big deal' She told herself.

"Yeah sorry guys, I was wrapped up in my final art project and lost track of time."

"I can totally relate Buff. Projects are just so exciting." Willow said with to much excitement.

"No there not" The others said in unison.

Willow flashed them all the look.

"Okay Wills, no need for looks. Im going to grab a drink, You guys want anything?" Buffy asked.

Everyone declinded so she grabbed her wallet and headed toward the bar.

"What would you like?" The bartender asked.

"Ill just take a Coke, light ice, with a lime please." She said kindly.

The bartender rolled his eyes and went to make the virginal drink she had just requested. She shifted from foot to foot hated just standing there. She knew she looked like a loner just standing there alone. 'I don't know why I never make the girls walk with me.' She thought.

When the bartender returned with her drink she paid thanked him and turned to return to her table, but one obstacle stood in her way. None other than Spike Giles. He stood there behind her with a quirked eyebrow and smug smirk she wanted to knock of his angelic face.

"Well hello sweets, just when I thought I should would leave of boredom you show up. That's a sign love."

She gulped and looked him up down as quickly as she could. He wore white and black Nike tennis shoes, a low rise pair of dark denim blue jeans, a black polo and his letter-men jacket. 'YUM' she thought and unconsciously licked her lips.

"Hmmm see something you like pet?" Spike said with a saucy grin. Causing Buffy to blush.

"What..? No I was just trying to figure out why for the second time today you are in my way." She snapped.

"Oh touchy pet, I was only teasing. Im just trying to get acquainted is all. Haven't really talked to you much and I think we could become friends. You know before the years up and all."

"No thanks Spike. I have enough friends to last me a life time." She said and tried to walk past him, but he grabbed her forearm and pulled her back to him. She shivered under his touch and lightly pulled her arm away from his grasp.

"Listen Buffy I know I haven't been the nicest guy to you but I'm really trying here. How about we go to the beach tomorrow around 1? I'll come pick you up and we can get to know each other, just talk. What do you say?" Buffy searched his eyes for looking for some sign he was just messing with her.

"If this is some kind of a joke-"

"No Buffy, No joke. I really want to get to know you." There was nothing but sincerity in his eyes and she slowly let her guard down.

"Okay Spike. Ill go to the beach with you, but no funny business." She warned and pointed at him.

Spike held up his hands. "I gotcha, no funny business. Just give me your address and number." Spike pulled out his cell phone and saved her number and added her address to the contact info.

"Thanks love, see you at 1 tomorrow." He gave her one more smile and he walked away. She released the breath she did not know she was holding and walked shakily back to the table were her friends were sitting.

"BUFFY ANN SUMMERS" Anya shrieked. "You dirty dog. Talking to Spike Giles. What did he want? What did he say? You guys were talking forever."

She looked at the three of them and smiled at their stunned expressions. She slowly took her seat and replayed in her mind again what had just happened.

"Oh it was nothing." She finally said. "He just wanted to talk you know how guys are." She shrugged.

"Not guys like Spike Giles. Buffy this is serious. Willow told us what happened earlier... Spill the details girl." Anya said with hopeful eyes.

"He just wants to be friends, were going to the beach tomorrow. Its really not that big of a deal guys."

"Buffy, are you sure this is a good idea?" Willow asked.

"Yeah Buff, I mean why now? Why does he want to be friends now?" Tara said.

"Have all of you lost your minds. Its Spike, fuck me, Giles. The guy who makes your knees quiver just from walking by. If he is taking an interest in Buffy why is it such a problem? I mean he wouldn't be trying so hard if it didn't mean anything. This is the second attempt to talk to her and he kept her from walking away. If it was a joke why would he try so hard. Buffy I think you should go have some fun for once and let him give you a few orgasms." Anya stated with a wink. Causing Buffy to blush.

"Anya, can you think with your head and not your lady parts for once please. Lets Focus for a minute. Spike Giles the star of the school who has never really even talked to any us all of the sudden has an interest in Buffy. Why don't you all see the red flags? Something about this is really wrong!!!" Willow all but yelled.

"I have to agree with Willow, I just don't see any good from this." Tara voiced.

"Yeah but your not see-"

"Enough!"Buffy cut Anya off. "Listen I appreciate your concerns. Really I do, but I am a big girl and I can take care of myself. I'll go out with him tomorrow and if he seems like a major horn dog or a prick i'll leave him be. I refuse to swoon or be locked into him. He wants a friend and that is all I will be. you guys do not have to worry. I can take care of myself."

"Im sorry, your right. Im just worried. I know you can take care of yourself, but if you need us at all tomorrow for anything just call and we will be at your rescue okay?" Willow told her.

"If something strange happens I will call one of you okay?" She promised.

They all nodded and dropped the subject. They did not talk about it anymore. They just kicked back and enjoyed the rest of there girls night.


Chapter End Notes:
WEELLLLLL?
I LOVE REVIEWS!