Author's Chapter Notes:
I OWN NOTHING!
JUST FOR FUN!
The party was in full swing by the time they arrived.

"Hey, you guys made it." Riley said as he approached carrying a tray of drinks, handing one to each of them.

"What is this?" Buffy asked, and smelt the contents.

"Vodka orange juice. Have you ever tried it before?"

"I don't really drink. Buffy and alcohol are kind of unmixy things." She explained, causing Riley and Spike to chuckle.

"Well, hang on to it. If you decide to drink it, that's cool. If not, no harm done." Buffy just smiled and nodded knowing there was no way in hell she'd be drinking it.

"Alright, you guys have fun. Ill be back." Riley walked off to greet other people who had arrived.

"I don't think I have even seen half the people here." Buffy said.

"Yeah, me either. I take it you've never been to a party pet?"

"I don't really do the party thing. I mostly hang out with friends and hang out at the Bronze." She told him honestly.

"Well im honored to be your first party date." Spike said, grabbing her hand and bringing it up to his lips for a quick kiss.

"Flattery gets you no where Mr. Giles." She said with a smirk.

Spike raised an eyebrow. "I don't need pick up lines Miss Summers, I believe I already have you. Wouldn't you say so pet?" Buffy blushed and pulled her hand away looking around the room.

"Do you dance?" She asked trying to change the subject. Spike took note of that but answered her.

"Ya pet I dance. Why thinking about taking me out there and having your wicked way with me?" He flicked his tongue on the outside of his teeth.

"A world of no." He raised his eyebrow at her out burst. " I mean, Im just trying to get to know you. We are friends after all."

"S'that right pet. Were just friends? I was kind of hoping it'd be more than that." Spike told her truthfully.

Buffy met his gaze and her breath caught. He was rubbing her forearm and slowly bringing his face toward hers.

"Where's the bathroom?" Buffy interrupted, needed a second to get her head together.

Spike pulled away from her, and pointed up the stairs. "It's all the way in the back of the hall to the right side."

She nodded and dodged up the stairs. She found the bathroom with no problem and stood in there staring at her reflection for the longest time. 'What am I suppose to do?' she thought. She really liked Spike, but she still had her doubts about his sudden interest in her.

She ran her fingertips of her lips and replayed there kiss in her mind. 'His lips were so soft. I could have kissed him for hours.'

A knock on the door pulled her out of her fantasy.

"Hurry up in there." A male called.

"Almost done." She yelled back.

Buffy took one last deep breathe and headed out of the bathroom. Angel had been leaning up against the wall when she came out.

"Wow, You look fantastic Buffy." He told her. She gave him a shy smile.

"Thanks."

"Are you having a good time?"

"We just got here about 30 minutes ago. Its cool so far." She told him.

"That's great. If your going to be with Spike you should get used to parties like these. We have them about every month or so. Depending on who's parents are away on business." Angel said.

"Im not with Spike." Angel eye'd her curiously. "I mean were just friends." Buffy said nervously.

"You guys don't seem like friends. You seemed pretty into each other today at the beach."

"I don't think it was anything more than just friends hanging out." Buffy said shaking her head.

"If you say so."

"Okay, well im going to head back down. Ill see you later Angel." She gave him a small wave and headed back down the hall to the stairs.

"Buffy!" Angel called causing her to pause and turn around. "Just be careful okay. I know how Spike is and I don't want to see you get hurt." Angel warned.

"Thanks Angel. Ill keep that in mind." She scurrying down the stairs in search of Spike.

She looked for about five minutes and couldn't find him anywhere. She figured he must of stepped outside or something. She sat on the couch and decided to wait for him to come to her.

She couldn't get Angel's words out of her head. 'Why would your best friend warn girls to be careful around you.' She thought. She was trying to think of a way to ask Spike about this without a confrontation.

"Hello cutie." Spike squatted down in front of her with a rose dangling between his fingers. "Picked this for you." He said handing the rose to her.

She smiled at him and took it. "Thanks Spike. That was really nice of you." He reached out and ran his fingers over her shoulder, down her arm causing her to shiver.

"You cold pet?"

"No." She said not taking her eyes off his.

"Buffy." Spike said as he leaned into her, holding her face gently in his hands. "Im going to kiss you pet, I need to kiss you. Please. Will you let me?"

"Y-yes Sp-pike. Kiss me." Spike smashed his lips to hers. Putting all the pent up heat and sexual tension in this kiss. Devouring her and making her his.

Buffy moaned, set the rose down beside her and wrapped her hands around Spikes neck. Running her fingers through his loose curls. She loved the feel of his body mushed up against hers. 'God, this is what kissing feels like. Why did I wait so long to do this.' She thought.

He made her forget her earlier conversation with Angel. Made her lose herself in him. She knew right then that she was in trouble and reality hit hard. She pushed against his chest and pulled away from him.

"Wait Spike."

"Whats wrong Buffy?" He asked with lust filled eyes and a voice of concern.

"Listen Spike. I like you, and I really want to get to know you a little better."

"I would love that pet." He said going in for another kiss. Buffy put her hands on his chest again, stopping him.

"Slow down tiger." She told him. Laughing at his pouty face.

"Lets get to know each other better. Hang out and then maybe if we still like each other, we can kiss like that." Buffy told him biting her lip nervously.

"Geeze pet. Im sorry, you are right. Except for one thing love."

"Whats that?" She gave him a puzzled look.

"We will like each other Buffy." She blushed. "Here why don't we head out. Ill take you home and we can go hang out tomorrow. Just us two?"

"That sounds great. I'd love that."

"Alright." She piked up the rose and Spike helped her off of the couch. He held on to her hand, as they walked back to his car.

Once both of them were home and in bed they feel asleep thinking about each other and were lost in sweet dreams.


Chapter End Notes:
Hope you guys liked!!! (:

I LOVE REVIEWS! (: