Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing!
Buffy sat in the bath up to her nose in bubbles. She had the radio on as back ground noise trying to get her head together. She looked over at the toilet where she had that bright pink piece of paper and her cell phone with 18 unread messages, and groaned.

She could't believe the events of the past week got her to this. She knew Spike was popular, she didn't realize dating him would put her on a prom queen ballot however. She leaned forward and snatched the paper up, not caring if it got wet from her fingers.

It read simply, Buffy Summers for prom queen.

She bawled the paper up and threw it as far as she could, then sloshed back into the steamy water. 'Who the hell nominated me?' She thought. She knew it wasn't any of her friends because she spent the last 2 hours grilling them all.

Her phone beeped again and she groaned. She had been getting text messages all day from a ton of people she didn't really know. Most of them said things like 'Oh you rock, im voting for you.' or 'You don't think your really going to beat Cordy do you?' She was thinking about changing her number just to avoid the harassment.

She closed her eyes and tried to put her mind on anything else.

***Flash back***
The Sunday before....
(Sunday after lunch)

"Wanna maybe take a walk through the park, before I take you home pet?" Spike asked with hopeful eyes. They had been having such a great day and he really didn't want it to end. He felt like he was getting to know her so well. She was amazing and he was so interested in knowing everything about her.

"Sure, I have a few more hours to kill." She said smiling.

The drive to park was quick and silent. Spike was trying to come up with more things to ask her. He parallel parked and put 1 hour worth of money in the meter.

"There's a path through there. If you wanted to just walk and talk?" Buffy asked.

"That sounds good pet." Spike grabbed hold of her hand and started leading her down the sidewalk.

"So pet, just your mum and lil sis in the house?"

"Yeah. Just the girls, It's fun mostly, but at times can be stressful. Especially when your 15 year old sister spends 3 hours in the bathroom every morning before school. What she's doing in there, I couldn't even tell you." Spike chuckled and Buffy smiled.

"Can only imagine pet. It's only me and my dad. I don't have to worry about sharing a bathroom. Even though sometimes it probably wouldn't be so bad. Gets rather lonely." Spike told her honestly. Buffy nodded agreeing with him.

"As much as Dawn gets on my nerves. I wouldn't trade her for anything." Spike smiled warmly at her.

"Can I ask about your dad love?" Buffy tensed.

"Not much to say really. He died about 10 years ago, in a car accident. He was an amazing guy. I miss him everyday." Spike understood exactly where she was coming from. He missed his mom more and more, with passing time

"My mom died as well, she had cancer, and stopped responding to treatment. Its been 6 years now. It's why me and my dad moved to the states." He looked over at her and squeezed her hand. "I mean you live and heal. Remember them as they were, never forget." She nodded.

"I completely agree. Iv'e never had someone... just get it. Im used to getting the apology and then people look at me with sad eyes, permanently. Like your broken or something."

"I know what you mean." Buffy stopped and pointed at the close by swings.

"Feel like taking a intermission." She asked.

He nodded and Buffy took off at full speed for the swings. He took of after her. She hopped on the first one she came to and started pumping her legs as fast and hard as she could.

"I bet I can jump further than you." She challenged.

"Sorry pet, im pretty good at jumping. I am the quarter back after all. Used to jumping out of peoples reach." He said smirking at her.

"We'll see, let me know when your ready."

After a minute they were both swinging back and fourth as far as the swing would allow.

"Okay pet, im ready." Spike called.

"Alright, on the count of three! ONE.... TWO.... THREE!"
They both jumped and landed, Buffy was an inch further up than Spike.

"I WIN, I WIN." She gloated shaking her hips and waving her hands in the air. Spike reached forward, grabbed her, and started tickling her. She yelped and fell on the ground with him following in tow.

She was on her back laid out on the sand, with Spike on top of her, tickling her til she couldn't breathe.

"Okay okay, I GIVE!!!" She said through giggle fits. Spike stopped and gazed into her eyes.

"That's what you get for braggin."

"Sorry your a sore loser." Buffy said and stuck out her tongue.

"Not nice pet, your turning into a naughty girl." Her breath caught and she became aware of there position.

Spike was rubbing slow, circles on her exposed stomach with one hand, and running his thumb across her lips with the other. She looked up into his eyes and saw the desire burning there.

Buffy ran her hands up his back, over his shoulders, and pulled his lips down to fuse with hers. The both groaned instantly at the contact.

Buffy felt like her body was on fire. His hand was slowly creeping up her shirt, and he started fingering the lace on her bra.

Spike was in heaven. Her skin was so smooth under his fingertips, and he loved the feel of her lips on his.

The laughter of two children broke them out of there haze. Then the kids started singing. "K-I-S-S-I-N-G, first comes love, then comes marr-"

***** KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK*****
(Back to now)

"Buffy, are you okay in there?" Dawn called through the door.

"Im fine Dawn." 'Just once I would like to get finished in the bathroom with out being bothered.' She thought.

"Can we talk when you get done?"

"Yes, ill come to your bedroom in a few."

"Okay." Buffy sighed when she heard her sister walk away. She knew Dawn was going to ask her fifty billion questions, and she wasn't ready for that.

15 minutes later Buffy was knocking on Dawns Door. She had on her yummy sushi PJ'S, and her wet hair was thrown up in a bun on the top of her head. She had her glasses in place on her nose, and she felt like her old self.

Once inside Dawn's room she planted her butt on the foot of her sisters bed. Preparing herself for the her sisters questions. To her surprise however, Dawn grabbed her and gave her the biggest hug possible.

"Im so happy for you! Congratulations soon to be prom queen!" Dawn said.

"I think were getting ahead of ourselves Dawn. I don't think i'll win. Im pretty sure I was only nominated as a joke."

"Very doubtful Buffy, everyone at school gossips. I think it had something to do with Cordelia's outburst at lunch last Tuesday."

***FLASHBACK***
Lunch on Tuesday

Everything with Spike and Buffy was going great. They were getting along amazingly and were constantly finding things they had in common. Their relationship at school was official, and everyone knew Buffy was his girl.

Buffy was sitting at her usual lunch table with Willow, Tara, and Anya gushing about the latest with Spike, when Cordelia made her unwelcome presence known.

"It must suck getting someones sloppy seconds. Huh Buffy?" Cordelia snarled. Causing everyone in the cafeteria to quiet down and look towards them.

"I dunno, im pretty glad you let him go Cordy." Buffy said sweetly.

"As if, its probably just some game anyways. Like do you really think he'd be interested in you?"

"He seems pretty interested to me." Buffy raised her eyebrow and gave her best scowl.

"You do remember who you are right. Buffy 'nobody' Summers. In ten years half the people in this room will go Buffy who? Just because Spike has lost his sanity for a moment, doesn't mean you've become something." Buffy stared at her holding back the tears she felt in her eyes. She promised herself they would never see her cry and she didn't want to break that vow.

"Nothing to say huh?" Cordelia continued.

"Im sorry your so jealous. You dumped him though. If you have some problem take it up with yourself. It's not my fault you lost him."

"Please.... Jealous of what? The virgin, art, overall wearing, Loser? That's right Buffy your a loser. A waste of a human."

"You are scum Cordelia and im glad now everyone in this room sees you for who you really are... A COLD HEARTED BITCH!" Buffy screamed and stormed out of the lunch room.

***Dawns room***
(Back to now)

"Wow, people really do talk. That happened 6 days ago. I was relieved when you hadn't said anything, I assumed you didn't know." Buffy told her sister shaking her head.

"I had no reason to say anything. I would of liked to punch that bitch for talking to you like that, but mom would of so killed me." both girls laughed at that. "Buffy we need to start your campaign.

"Campaign?"

"For prom queen silly. We have to make posters and bake stuff." Dawn said telling her sister some more ideas.

"Dawn, im really not into the whole prom thing anyways. Besides Cordelia is going to win. That's like common knowledge."

"Buffy, you are wrong. So many people are pissed at Cordelia for talking to you the way she did. A ton of people are voting for you, from what I hear." Dawn told her matter of factly.

"Okay fine. You tell me what your thinking and we'll work it out."

Dawn shrieked and told Buffy all the ideas she has for the campaign. They spend the next 3 hours making posters and baking chocolatey goodies.


Chapter End Notes:
whatcha think???
(:
Reviews are loved!