Author's Chapter Notes:
Last chapter. Finally! Thank you so much for sticking with this story for all of these months. I'm so happy with all of your reviews and support. A very special thanks to my beta Sanity Fair for all of your INCREDIBLE and WONDERFUL help. You have been the very best! Hope you like it. Please Review :)
One Year Later

William stood at the front of the Camden Park amphitheater and watched in awe as the woman of his dreams walked up the aisle. She was beautiful, angelic. Her shoulder length pale blonde hair flowed in delicate waves, and her smile was brilliant against her tan skin. He couldn’t believe that smile was meant for him. A year later he still had to pinch himself to be sure he wasn’t living in a dream and that this incredible woman had indeed chosen him to be her partner.

Finally, making it to the front, Buffy’s smile widened as she winked at him and stood opposite him. Once they were together, everyone stood from their seats. His best friend, who’d been standing next to him, leaned close and whispered,

“I think I’m going to pass out.”

William looked at him and watched as his color returned, and a large smile spread across his face when the woman he loved began making her way up the aisle. William smiled knowingly. He knew exactly how Xander felt and had absolutely no doubt that one day it would be him standing in his shoes, watching Buffy walk to meet him and join him in life as his wife.

The wedding ceremony went by in a blur, as William was too busy making eyes at Buffy and enjoying the way she batted her eyelashes at him. He was so enthralled by her that he almost missed his cue to give Xander the rings.

“William,” Anya attempted to maintain her composure as she hissed at him then quickly put the smile back on her face.

“Sorry, Ahn.”

She nodded at him and continued smiling, her eyes shooting daggers at him as he gave Xander her engagement ring and wedding band. He could hear Buffy’s giggles and glared at her, but her only response was to smile and shrug. He’d get her for that later, evil minx knew what she was doing to him in her tight little yellow dress.
The wedding was beautiful. The couple had a justice of the peace come in and conduct the ceremony in the amphitheater where the reception would follow. Anya, who had spent months agonizing about her wedding dress, looked beautiful in the white satin sleeveless mermaid cut gown she’d chosen. Her bridesmaid/maid of honor had happily donned the canary yellow bridesmaid dress she’d helped choose. The beautiful summer day was the perfect scene, the view of the ocean made extraordinary by a clear blue sky. The combination of the seagull’s cries and the ocean waves brought a sense of peace and relaxation to the guests, who sat happily in rows of white wooden chairs celebrating the union of the bride and groom.

The crowd stood and clapped as the couple shared their first kiss as husband and wife. Buffy beamed at Xander mouthing, “Congratulations!” to him before he turned to walk down the aisle with his wife. Buffy followed suit, linking her arm through William’s and following the couple toward the area photos were going to be taken.
*****************************************************

She’d been avoiding him all night. Ever since the wedding reception had started, she’d been busy helping the bride with one inane duty after another. Helping her change into her post-wedding outfit, making sure all the guests were being served hors d’oeuvres and drinks; Anya was so concerned with the drinks. She knew what she was doing, throwing him coy glances, batting her eyelashes at him, and bending over to give him a view of her luscious titties every chance she got. He finally a caught up with her after an hour and sneaked up from behind.

“Think you’re funny with all your teasin’?” he whispered in her ear as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“I don’t know what you mean. I’m just talking to Willow here, and before that, I was helping Anya out with the reception.”

Willow smiled knowingly as she waved at him. “Hi, William. You look pretty dapper in that tux.”

“Thanks, Red. You look right hot in that dress. Tara must be itchin’ to get you home tonight.”

“Will!” Buffy elbowed him as she watched her friend’s cheeks flush in embarrassment.

“It’s okay, Buffy. I should be used to him by now. It’s been a year.”

“Relax, love. Red knows ‘m just teasin’. Don’t you, Red?”

“Yes, I do. Thanks for the compliment, William.”

He nodded at her. “Mind if I steal the maid of honor away? I’d like to have a dance with my girl.”

“Go right ahead. I should find Tara anyway. I haven’t seen her in awhile, and I’m afraid Giles may have abducted her. You know how he’s become kind of her mentor ever since your surgery, Buffy.”

“He’s mentioned her several times. I’m starting to think he likes her more than me.”

“Tara? Never.” Willow shook her head vehemently. “You’re his number one, Buff. Okay, I’m off to find her. Behave, you two.” She waggled her finger at them and smiled mischievously before walking away.

Buffy laughed and turned to William. From the look on his face she knew he had no intention of behaving.

They walked out on the dance floor, and William pulled her close to dance to the slow song that was playing.

“You look beautiful, pet.”

She felt his hands drop well below her waist and smiled seductively at him. “You don’t look so bad yourself. The tuxedo look’s definitely working for you.”

“Glad you like it.” He curled his tongue over his teeth and said, “Maybe you’d like to take it off me later.”

She rolled her eyes and leaned her head on his shoulder. “I like this song.”

“Could be our song.”

“We already have a song, remember?”

“Don’t rightly consider ‘Let’s Talk About Sex” by Salt n Pepa to be the best song for us, pet.”

She lifted her head and pouted. “But that’s the last song we danced to before we left the Bronze that night. And then we had sex… so…perfectly appropriate song.”
He laughed at how adorable she was. “Let’s get a new song to go with our new start. How’s that work?”

“I think I can let Salt n Pepa go.”

“Good. Now, let’s get back to getting you to take my tuxedo off.” William’s hand closed around her bottom as he gently squeezed her perfectly round ass.

“Will!”

Just then Xander and Anya walked up to them, effectively interrupting William’s plans. “May we have this dance?” Xander extended his hand to Buffy.

She looked at William and shrugged. “Okay.” Taking Xander’s hand she allowed him to whisk her away to another part of the dance floor.

“Guess that leaves just you an’ me, pet.”

Anya smiled widely at her friend. “Show me what you’ve
got, William.”

Taking her hand, he gave her a spin followed by a dramatic dip and a kiss on the cheek. “That good enough for you, princess?”
******************************************************

“Wow Xand, you’re pretty good on your feet.”

“Months of training. Before Anya dragged me to dance lessons I was a menace on the dance floor.”

“Oh, I know.” Buffy nodded, remembering the many foot injuries she’d endured for the sake of not letting him feel left out at school dances and the Bronze. It was a wonder she was still able to dance. “So you ready for your honeymoon?”

“We are Tahiti bound in twenty-four hours,” he said looking at his watch.

“I’ll have the house ready for you guys when you get back.”

Xander gave her a little spin then took her back into his arms. “Thank you so much. You guys didn’t have to let us stay in your house. Anya and I could stay in a hotel until I get settled with the new construction company out here.”

“Nonsense, you’re moving here to be with us. You’re our best friends, there’s no way we would let you pay for a hotel when we have the extra room.”

He kissed her cheek. “You and Will are the best. I promise I’ll make sure to keep Anya out of your hair.”

“She’s not so bad.” Xander raised an eyebrow. “Okay, she can get pretty annoying pretty fast.”

“There’s the Buffy we all know and love. Seriously though, It’s good to see you and William so happy together.”

“Yeah well, it only took almost dying to open my eyes.”
“Well, it that’s all it took. Thank God for small favors.”

“Xander!” She slapped his shoulder but laughed at the irony that was her life.

Who would have thought all of her friends would pick up their lives and move to Maine just to be with her? She was grateful for her old friends and happy to have new ones too. She glanced over and smiled at Tara and Willow as they danced along to the music, their eyes locked on each other. Love wasn’t easy; she knew that, but it was worth the sacrifice. William taught her that.

******************************************************
Long after all of the guests had gone, Buffy and William stood together looking at the sea.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” he asked from where he stood behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist.

“Breathtaking.” She leaned her head back against his shoulder. “I’m so glad we decided to stay. It’s so peaceful here.”

“This is where we had our first kiss.”

“After you came back. God, I was so confused after that kiss.” She put her head in her hands.

“Why’s that, love?”

“Because all of the feelings I’d so carefully buried came to the surface. That’s all it took, just one kiss from you, and I was gone again.”

William smiled proudly. “All it took was your smile, and I was in love. That very first night at the Bronze.”

“I do love you, William.”

“Good. That makes this a lot easier for me.” He moved to stand in front of her and slowly got down on one knee.

“Will—“ Buffy covered her mouth in surprise.

“Buffy Anne Summers, you are one hell of a woman. You are
brave and strong and unbreakable. Every day I fall more in love with you. Will you do me the honor of becoming my wife?” He took a small black ring box from his jacket pocket and opened it to reveal a sparkling diamond ring.

With her mouth still covered and tears streaming from her eyes, Buffy nodded her head. “Yes!” she said, finally able to compose herself. “Yes, William Rayne. I will be your wife.”

He couldn’t contain the joyful laugh that escaped him as he placed the diamond on her finger and picked her up, giving her a spin and a passionate kiss. “You have made me the happiest man on Earth.”

“Well, we’re even. You’ve made me the happiest woman on earth. You opened my heart. I love you, and I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”

He put her down and they kissed. A beautiful sight as the sun set over the ocean behind them.