Author's Chapter Notes:
Shorter chapter but this one shows a little bit of the history between Spike and Buffy. Please review. I'm new at this and would love some constructive criticism. Im still learning how to get around on this site :)
Chapter 4

They had met at a club. He'd been there with Xander who he'd met at work recently. He had just moved to Sunnydale from England and Xander had taken him under his wing and offered to introduce him to some friends.
He saw her dancing with some girlfriends and was immediately smitten. She'd had on some skin tight jeans that hung low on her hips and a tiny little tank top that did little to cover her tight stomach but hung low enough at the top to show off her perfect cleavage. This girl was all muscle, tanned skin and long blond hair that swung along with her body to the music. Being more than a little buzzed from alcohol already he'd had the liquid courage to come up behind her and start dancing skin to skin. She’d let him and even pushed her tight little ass into him, effectively making him hard and her slave forever.
She’d gone home with him that very night. They’d both been drunk but he’d never forget that first night they’d shared.
“William, hello?”
“Huh?” he came back to reality at the sound of Anya’s screech.
“You’re all set. Go to sleep. Oh and quit looking at me like I’m the last bottle of vodka left on Earth.”
“Sorry Ahn.” He apologized. “Thanks so much for letting me crash. You’re a life saver.”
“Sure Will. Just get your act together. Let her go already. That girl will make you self-destruct.”
He smiled at his friend.
“I can’t. I love her Anya. You don’t walk out on someone you love.”
“Well she walked out on you. What does that say about her and her feelings?”
“Goodnight Anya.” He wasn’t about to have this argument again.
Anya just waived her hands up in the air and walked away.
“Goodnight Will.”
He just smiled and settled himself into a sober night on the couch.

Anya walked into the kitchen to find her boyfriend of 2 years thinking over a cup of hot chocolate.
“He found Buffy.” He said looking up at her.
“If I hear one more thing about Buffy I’m going to scream. Leave her alone. She left. She abandoned you. She’s clearly a selfish bitch and I don’t see why everyone loves her so much.”
“You don’t understand.” He explained
“You never saw them together, the way they loved each other. By the time you came along he’d hurt her so much she only wanted to protect herself from hurting like that again.”
“I understand that and I’d get it if William had stayed an asshole. I don’t defend what he did. He was an absolute shit but he changed. He got help and he changed his life for her. Not only that but the man swallowed his pride and stayed by her while she kicked him to the curb over and over again.”
Xander shook his head. “You don’t know Buffy, she’d tough. She’d been through some serious shit and needs to put up some high wall sometimes.”
Anya opened her mouth to protest but Xander stopped her.
“Something’s wrong. She’s in trouble. He knows but won’t say.”
“So let her deal with it Xander. She’s a big girl.”
“Anya, Buffy doesn’t run away. Trust me I’ve known her since we were 10. She doesn’t run away.”
“Fine. So she’s in trouble. Whatever it is Will knows and he’s here to get himself straightened out so he can help her. Let him do it. She’s not your responsibility. Now wipe that milk of your face and come to bed. Show me how much more important I am to you than she is cowboy.” She winked at him as sashayed toward the door.
Xander smiled at his feisty girlfriend, silently thanked the gods for delivering her to him and followed her up to bed.