Author's Chapter Notes:
Another short one. A little more background information on Buffy and Spike.
William couldn’t sleep. Too much was running through his mind. He had really fucked things up. *God,* he thought *What am I doing chasing after this girls? Were we even happy together?*
Who was he kidding? Of course they’d had good times, especially that first night. He remembered back to the cab ride back from the club.
“Maybe we should have told Xander that we were leaving.” She had panted between kisses.
“Nah” he responded slipping his hand up her shirt and rubbing her breast. No bra. What a woman.
“Whelp was too busy flirting with that redhead to care.”
Buffy let out a snort.
“I’m pretty sure Willow’s gay. I’d pay to see the look on his face when he finds out.”
“Knew there was something up when I caught her staring at that shy girl up on the balcony.”
At this point he knew she wasn’t paying attention to the conversation from the way she was half on his lap kissing his neck and grinding against his thigh. He took advantage of her position and started rubbing her over her jeans.
“Oh God” she moaned “You’re making me feel so good and I don’t even know your name.”
“Spike” he told her between kisses
She pulled away from him then
“Spike? What kind of a name is Spike?”
“Asks the girl named Buffy.”
At that she pouted and he laughed.
“It’s a nickname luv. Real name’s William. No one’s called me that in years.”
“It’s kinda hot.” She told him.
“Yeah?”
“Yeah, It goes with the bleached hair look.” She told him and plucked at his perfectly Spiked hair.
“Ouch!” she yelled “It’s hard as a rock and really pointy.”
“I’ll show you hard as a rock and pointy. Come here!”
She squealed as he pulled her back on him and moaned when she felt him pinch her nipple.
“Ahem!” the cab driver interrupted. “We’re at your stop.”
Buffy and Spike remembered that there was someone else in the car and jumped away from each other.
“Uh, thanks, here keep the change mate” Spike tossed him some bills.
Buffy was so embarrassed that her face was red and she refused to look at the driver.
“Come on pet” he told her once the cab was gone. “It’s cold out here. Let’s go warm up.”
She smiled at him and at that moment he knew just from the way her face lit up that this girl was going to take a piece of his heart. They made love that entire night and the best part had been the conversations they’d had in between. She had surprised him even further by hanging out and letting him cook her breakfast.
He had woken up before her and although he had hated the thought of leaving her alone in bed he thought it’d be a good idea to make her breakfast. She had come out of his room wearing only his t-shirt, a shy smile on her face.
“Morning.” He greeted “Hope you don’t mind a little breakfast.”
She took in the scrambled eggs and home fries on the table and nervously tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.
“I’m usually a coffee only kind of girl but I think I can make an exception, especially since you worked so hard.”
He couldn’t help but grin at her and bounce a little on the balls of his feet.
“What?” she asked
“Didn’t think you’d stay. Tell the truth I thought you’d run for the hills soon as you saw all of this.” He told her this all the while reprimanding himself for being so honest. This had only been a one night stand, he wished it hadn’t been but who knows what she was thinking.
“I was a little worried when you weren’t next to me in bed.” She admitted “But then I realized this is your apartment so… you couldn’t really run away.”
He walked over to her and took her in his arms.
“I had a really good night Buffy. I hope we can see each other again.”
She smiled. “I’d love to. “
They’d had their first of many breakfasts that morning and he knew he would fall in love with her. He’d just prayed she felt the same.
Now he lay on his friend’s couch trying to block out the sound of Anya yelling ‘Ride em cowboy” at Xander. Where had it gone wrong? Oh yeah, his insecurities and selfishness is what had bolloxed up what they’d had. How could he fix it? Years of begging and bettering himself hadn’t worked. It didn’t matter though what mattered now was that she wasn’t alone and that he didn’t let her build that damned wall she was so fond of putting around her heart. He had to get to her and help her that was the one thing he was certain of.