Author's Chapter Notes:
Nothing really racy in this one, I'm sad to admit. There WILL be more Spuffy lovin, but they aren't quite ready for anything yet. Will and Buffy talk, Spike broods again (LOL) and Angel and Buffy make some realizations that just kinda came about as I was writing. Stay tuned, the ritual is FINALLY next chapter.
Chapter 10

As Buffy made her way to her first class, mortified wouldn’t even BEGIN to describe how she felt. She’d had a naughty dream! Not a random naughty dream with some TV heart-throb either, but she’d dreamed...of an evil vampire! Not that he wasn’t hunky, no, he definitely was that. Not that the dream was bad either...but she’d left sticky sheets! Wholly embarrassed, she was frantic to recall if this was laundry day or not. Thoughts drifting, she began to sport an impressive blush as she remembered how gentle he’d been with her. With his husky voice and those beautiful blue...‘GAH BAD Buffy,’ she thought. Trying frantically to calm herself, she ran smack dab into Willow.


Taking one look at her best friend’s glassy eyes, Willow said firmly, “Spill.”


“Oh! Will! Uhm, was just thinking of uhm, Angel! Yea, Angel! You know, the souled vamp I trade smoochies with?” Buffy replied nervously.


“Right Buffy, I’m sure that’s why you were blushing from head to toe! Are you not seeing my resolve face? Now c’mon, SPILL.”


“Okay, okay.” Taking a deep breath, Buffy whispered, “Well, I ah, had a naughty dream last night.”


“Wow! Really?” cried Willow. As the ramifications of what her friend said, she blushed madly herself. “Was it about Angel?” she asked.


“Well that’s the thing...” she began, then quickly finished, “YouseeitwaskindofaboutSpike.”


The pitch of Willow’s voice was helium-high as she replied, “Spike?! As in, I killed two Slayers probably wanna make Buffy my third – Spike?”


The glassy quality returned to Buffy’s eyes as she murmured, “Oh yeah.”


Noticing that her friend had re-entered fantasy-land Willow said, “That good, huh?”


Buffy nodded emphatically.


“What are you gonna tell Angel?”


“What are we telling Deadboy?” Xander cut in.


“NOTHING!” both girls shrieked.


As the girls went their separate ways towards class, Xander muttered, “Women.”



xxx



Luckily for Spike, he didn’t have to worry about such an awkward confrontation. In fact, he thought, it was entirely possible that Dru had foreseen this event already. The woman in question slept peacefully next to him, giggling softly every so often. Tilting his head to one side, he grinned at the thought of lovely Slayer legs wrapped around his torso as he shagged her rotten. Just as suddenly, he remembered Ellie. ‘That BITCH,’ he thought. ‘How DARE she send me one of Dru’s visions as a dream!’


Calming himself, he recalled Dru’s words from the before he fell asleep. This opened a whole new set of problems. What if the SLAYER was the sunshine that Dru spoke of? More importantly, did he really want that? What about his lovely Dark Princess?” Realizing that he was very possibly brooding again, something he’d never thought to do in the past, he resigned himself to get more sleep. It seemed that the ritual would take place tonight, come good or ill.



xxx



The Scoobies filed into the library after school, all but Buffy in the dark as to Giles’ findings the evening prior. Angel was waiting for Buffy, and stopped her as she tried to enter the room.


“I’m going to do the ritual Buffy.” he stated simply.


“It’s the right thing to do,” she replied.


“I know it was all my fault and that I should be the one to fix...wait, did you just agree with me?”


“Yes, I’m going to do the ritual as well. I know they can love her Angel, and they do. She deserves peace of mind, at the very least.”


“I agree, but you can’t think that all vampires and demons can love Buffy, they simply can’t. It’s all obsession or lust, or even just companionship. Not true feelings like you and I have for each other.”


Lowering her gaze to the floor, Buffy realized that Angel was once again trying to cloud or steer her thoughts, thoughts that she felt were truly important. A little piece of her heart broke. She had been blinded by his devotion and care for her safety, but she knew now that this wasn’t love. She raised her eyes once more to stare at him, saying, “You’re wrong. Angel...I can’t love someone who’s this closed-minded and domineering. It’s so obvious that what Ellie and Spike feel for Drusilla is real. No one goes to this much trouble for companionship.”


“Buffy, I..." he began.


“No Angel. I’ll always care for you, but what we have isn’t love. Let’s just get this ritual done, okay? Then maybe we can talk more.”



xxx



At dusk, the Scoobs trekked to the abandoned house, Buffy leading. Giles was next, several books in hand. Xander and Willow followed, the former sullen at the thought of Buffy going through with the crazy spell. Willow, on the other hand, was quite excited to be able to see some REAL magic. Angel trailed far behind, lost in thought.



xxx



Ellie sat meditating quietly as Spike lit the various candles and tea lights strewn about the basment. With its dirt floors and unfinished walls, the basement had a decidedly spooky quality. Drusilla lay on her back inside a large pentagram of salt, arms to her sides, staring at the ceiling. She was strangely quiet.


Ellie felt the oncoming group moments before a soft knock was heard at the door. Fixing a pointed glare to her brother, she asked with a smirk, “You mind getting that sugar? Seems like the gang is all here. ‘Bout time to get this show on the road.”


Grumbling softly, and not without his own hard stare, Spike nodded once in agreement. Still mumbling softly under his breath he made his way up the stairs and to the front door. Whipping it open quickly, he was shocked to find Buffy’s petite form on the other side, figuring that Angel or the Watcher would insist on leading. Quickly regaining his composure, he sent a sexy smirk her way, blue eyes blazing.


“Hello, kitten.”


Buffy gasped.


Chapter End Notes:
Ty again for reading. Please leave reviews, they REALLY make me wanna keep going.