Author's Chapter Notes:
Not too sure about this chapter. An old friend makes an appearance, and I set up a little Spuffy love for the next chapter. Explanations are made, and we check in with Angelus :) Enjoy and please review!
Chapter 12

Fixing a sharp glare onto his sister, Spike’s whisper held deadly intent. “What exactly did you do?”


Still dazed from Drusilla’s scared words, Ellie whispered back heatedly, “I just did the spell to cure Mummy! I didn’t do ANYTHING to Angelus!”


Picking up on the vampires’ quiet words, Xander called, “Hey Evil Dead Boys and Girls, what in all that’s holy is goin’ on?”


Now with the cat out of the bag, all eyes were focused on the trio of vampires. Surprisingly, Dru was the first to respond. In a timid voice she said, “I’m sorry to have caused all this trouble. It seems that Angel has lost his soul. Angelus is once more among us.”


In the following commotion of shouts and flurry of questions, no one noticed the soft footfalls coming down the stairs. Clearing her throat, the newcomer spoke.


“I believe I can shed some light on the situation.”



xxx



Jenny Calendar had failed in her duty. On her watch, Angelus had once more been released. Sensing the power emanating from the woman, Ellie said calmly, “What business do ya have here, witch?”


“Witch? I assure you my dear that this is no witch, she’s merely the computer teacher at Sunnydale High.” Turning to Jenny, Giles continued, “Miss Calendar, it’s simply not safe...”


Interrupting, Jenny stated, “Rupert, it’s okay.” Focusing her attention to the vampires, she introduced herself. “My name is Jenny Calendar and I am a witch. And unfortunately, I’m also a member of the clan of gypsies that cursed Angelus. I was sent here to make sure that it wasn’t broken, and I have failed.”


The rest of the room’s occupants were floored.



xxx



Laying a soothing hand on her brother’s shoulder, Ellie said, “Let’s scatter this salt and clean up a bit and go upstairs to the sittin’ room so Miss Jenny can explain. Don’t want no more spells to go off with this setup.”


Buffy, Xander, and Willow made quick work of the pentagram while Giles and the three vampires sorted out the candles and herbs. Jenny stood quietly, collecting her thoughts, grateful for the short reprieve. As cleanup finished, Ellie gracefully led her guests up the stairs.



xxx



Once everyone was comfortably seated in the small sitting room, some strewn on couches and a few on the dusty floor, all eyes became fixed on Miss Calendar. She took a deep breath and began to explain.


“Angelus was not gifted with a soul, he was cursed. It’s very important to note the difference. After killing one of our clan many years ago, we bespelled him as a means of punishment. The curse wasn’t perfect, however. If Angelus experienced a moment of true happiness, the curse would be broken and his soul would leave him. I believe that seeing his insane Childe become well again was enough to break the curse.”


Several gasps and thoughtful nods permeated the room in response. Ellie was the first to speak.


“See Spike? It WASN’T my fault!”


“Yeah, yeah.” he replied. “It was only your spell that caused Angelus to have a happy!”


Ellie merely sighed, realizing that she really WAS at fault. Remorsefully, she said, “I’m so sorry. I just didn’t know...didn’t think...”


“Damn right you didn’t think!” Spike cried.


“Spike, she didn’t know,” Buffy said calmly. “We’ll deal with this just like we deal with any other apocalypse, face it head-on.”


Grumbling, Spike relented. Xander piped up, “So can’t we just stake him?”


Jenny’s voice took on a hard edge. “No, Xander, I want to re-curse him. He deserves to feel the pain of his actions.”


“Can I help?” asked Willow.


Before Jenny could respond, Giles broke in. “Yes, that’s all well and good, but for now we must deal with getting home. With Angelus on the loose, it’s simply not safe for any of us to be alone. We’ll need to perform disinvites to all homes he has access to also.”


Shock lacing through her, Buffy suddenly remembered something. “My mother!” she cried. “I have to get home and protect her!”


“I’ll be happy to accompany you Buffy,” Giles responded.


“No Watcher, you and Ellie go with the gypsy. I’ll make sure the Slayer gets home safe. She and I need to suss some things out anyway.” Spike interjected.


“I’ll make sure the lil’ witch gets home safe as well, wanna talk to her myself. Dru, you be ok? Need some time to process?” Ellie said.


Drusilla responded coldly, “Of course. However, I have no problem staking him. Gypsy or no, he doesn’t deserve to walk this Earth after what he did to me.”


Buffy was shocked. Taking her spare stake out of an elegant boot, she handed it to Dru. “Just make it quick. I do still care for him, and I’m sure he still cares for me too.”


At this, Drusilla was incredulous. Not bothering to respond, she nodded softly. She, though, had no intention of ‘making it quick’. No, he would suffer at her claws, just like he had made her suffer.


Excited to be able to talk to the two powerful witches, Willow agreed whole-heartedly. Buffy on the other hand, was nervous about being escorted by Spike.


It was decided that Giles and Xander would take Giles’ car back, and all set off to their respective homes. Goodbyes were short, and they headed into the night.



xxx



Angelus felt fantastic! He was free once more. Without that pesky soul bringing him down, he could again do as he liked. Deciding that a good kill was in order, he quickly slipped through the streets, finding a quaint little shopgirl leaving from work. She couldn’t be more than eighteen, obviously working her way through school. A little old for his tastes, she would have to do. Silently slipping into game face, he tracked her down and forced her into an alley. Ah, the sweet smell of fear! It was intoxicating! Grabbing her more roughly than needed, he spun her around so her back was pressed against his chest. Erection soaring, he sunk his fangs into her neck, delighting in the sweet rush of blood into his waiting mouth. Once he had drained her dry, he let her now cooling corpse drop casually to the ground. Sated, he grinned. He was back!


Chapter End Notes:
Ty again for reading, more to come tomorrow!