Author's Chapter Notes:
This one again has a bit of torture at the end. It will be in italics, so if that bothers you, you can skip that part. Just know it's not pretty, and Angelus is at the fore along with two mysterious figures, one male and one female.

We have a nice little Spuffy scene before things take a turn for the worse. Enjoy!
Chapter 19

At the Summers’ residence, all occupants were exhausted. Ellie was napping lightly, still recovering from her wounds. Giles had already left to return to his flat, resigning himself to a long night of guarding his ‘guest.’ Spike had snuck out to retrieve blood from the factory. Jenny and Willow had both gone home, each promising to be back bright and early after getting a couple hours of much-needed rest. The conversation between Dru and Joyce had dwindled, leaving silence in its wake.


Buffy watched the proceedings in quiet contemplation. As her thoughts drifted, Spike quietly re-entered the house, blood in hand. Coming to stand next to her, he said, “Can I put this in the fridge, pet?”


Shaking herself from her musings, she nodded tiredly and led him into the kitchen. Once the blood was safely tucked away, Spike moved to stand behind her, hands coming to rest lightly on her shoulders. He began to rub soothing circles on her neck and upper back, pressing deeply with his thumbs to ease the tension he found there.


Buffy was in heaven. Moaning softly, she mumbled, “Mmmm. Feels good.”


Delighted at her pleasure, Spike began to speak. “Love, I just...”


He had found an especially tight knot near her right shoulder blade, and she moaned again, louder this time. “No talky, more touchy,” she said petulantly.


Chuckling, he added more pressure to that spot as he continued, “’M talented love, can talk and touch at the same time. Never did properly thank you for what you did for Ellie.”


Leaning in closer, he pressed a soft kiss to her throat, just above the marks the Master had left upon her silky skin. At her sharp intake of breath, he pulled back, thinking he had scared her.


“Sorry kitten, you’re just too temptin’. Didn’ mean to give you a fright.”


Buffy slipped out of his massage and faced him. “You didn’t scare me, Spike. I was just surprised.”


He swallowed audibly and Buffy watched in fascination as his adam’s apple bobbed. Bringing her eyes to his, she said clearly, “Ellie earned what I did for her. She may not have meant to, but she kept Miss Calendar and Willow safe from Angelus. So, you’re welcome.”


Gazes still locked, she slid her right hand to tangle in the curls she found at the base of his neck. Pulling him down, he willingly met her halfway as their lips touched oh so lightly. Spike brought his own hands into play, cupping her cheeks. He tilted her head and deepened the kiss, delighting in her tiny gasp of pleasure. Using that to his advantage, he was just about to add tongues to the fray when a throat was cleared near the entryway to the room.


The couple jerked back from each other quickly; Buffy was wholly embarrassed at being caught making out with a vampire, in the kitchen no less! Blushing furiously, turned to the newcomer and said, “Sorry, Mom.”



xxx



With a knowing smile, Joyce had seen it all. She had suspected that the blonde vampire meant something to Buffy, enough that she would follow him onto the porch to calm his rage. She was until now unsure as to how far the two had progressed. Also knowing that it had been a long night, she put away the thought of her daughter being with a vampire for another time.


“It’s okay, Buffy,” she started. “It’s been a rough night.”


Buffy nodded sheepishly, while Spike remained unrepentant, a goofy grin on his face.


Joyce pressed on. “Ellie seems comfortable on the couch, and I don’t think moving her is a good idea. I’ve set Drusilla up in the guest bedroom, and yes, I made sure the curtains were drawn. I know it’s not much, Spike, but I do have a cot in the basement. Will that be all right?”


“Thanks for that, Ms. Summers. It’ll be more than fine.”


With sleeping arrangements set, the last in the house were sent to bed.



xxx



While Giles and Whistler exchanged strained pleasantries, Angelus remained silent. Giles brought a chair into the bathroom, and settled in to keep watch. Angelus merely waited, much too comfortable in his bonds.


The night wore on. Once Giles had fallen asleep, just as expected, Angelus calmly got up and shook off his bonds. Startled by the clanking sound of chains falling limply into the tub, Giles awoke, nearly jumping up with his stake brandished.


“I’m not sure exactly how you have gotten free, Angelus,” he spat, “but you will not leave this room alive.”


“Old man, you couldn’t stop me on your best day, much less now, as tired as you are. I will be walking out the door, and I will have my revenge. Childe or no, Drusilla knows better than to cross me. You’ll all pay.” Angelus said, clearly annoyed.


Giles attempted valiantly to stop him, but he was taken off-guard by the sharp blow Angelus’ right hand dealt to him temple. Crumpling to the floor, Giles was blissfully unaware as Angelus calmly snapped his right femur and stalked out into the night.



xxx



Thought the house on Revello Drive was mostly silent, one of its occupants was thrashing wildly in slumber. Buffy was in the throes of a nightmare.


The dream began with the scene of a wolf snacking noisily on the heart of a small fawn. Across the meadow, a ram was at the base of a sharp cliff, grazing quietly. The scene shifted.


She was in a dark room, her arms chained securely to a ring in the ceiling. Feet not quite touching ground, she hung helplessly. Watching on in horror as Angelus mercilessly poked hole after hole into Spike’s chest with a wickedly sharp knife, she saw a man woman who both looked to be human watching on in sick fascination. Buffy began to cry softly as Spike’s proud form crumbled and fell lifelessly to the floor. Willow and Jenny were across the room, chained just as Buffy was, and Giles’ corpse lay strewn sickeningly in a heap in the corner. Ellie and Drusilla were no where to be found.



Buffy woke with a start, shooting straight up in bed. Tears still leaking down her cheeks, she moved quietly through the house until she was standing near the cot in the basement. Originally just planning on looking at him for reassurance, she eagerly took the invitation of his outstretched arms.


Curling his body protectively around her, she finally drifted back to sleep, obviously comforted by his presence. Both worried and heartened, he watched over her until the house began to stir.


Chapter End Notes:
Thank you again for reading. More to come tomorrow!