Author's Chapter Notes:
A/N:This is just a little interlude...thought perhaps we needed a peek at our stalker again... Hope everyone enjoys!
"Bitch!" he exclaimed pounding his fist down on the kitchen table. How dare she go and get married? She was supposed to be his. "Fucking Bitch."

He had known she had been away from the rink for a few days. While he had heard the rumors, he had hoped they had been wrong. There had been no sign that she had any interest in that pest of a hockey director. Yeah, he had seen the moon eyes that Spike had given her, but he never imagined that they had been reciprocated. Hell, why did it have to be like this? How was he going to win her now?

He slumped back in his chair, feeling defeated. Reaching out he picked up the small red crystal heart that he had picked up a few days ago. It was supposed to have been her next gift. It was supposed to symbolize him giving her his heart, and hope that she would be touched by the gesture. His thumb ran over the heart, caressing it softly, wondering at where his plan had gone wrong.

No, not wrong! There had to be a way. He would figure something out. Buffy was his, and nothing was going to stand in the way of that. Definitely not some menace of a hockey player who had somehow wheedled his way into her life. But how? Now that she was married it was going to be more difficult. Buffy was too pure to coerce into an affair. She wouldn't stray from her husband, of that he was sure. So the key had to be with Spike. Perhaps he could get some dirt on him and send it to her. No, that would just break her heart. Then again, it would leave him in a position to step in and pick up the pieces. Yes, that could work.

He looked down at the picture in front of him. It was of Buffy and Spike at their wedding. Here, right in front of him was all the evidence he needed. Buffy fancied herself in love with another man. He could see it in her face as she looked up at Spike with a bright smile, excitement over what they had just done reflecting in her eyes. He almost wouldn't have believed it had he not seen the picture. A picture is worth a thousand words, or so they say. This one spoke volumes. It tore at his heart to see her so happy with someone else. Really, he had nothing against Spike. At least he told himself that. But Spike had what he wanted. Buffy's love.

He focused his attention back on the crystal heart in his hand. It was so perfect, just like her. Then again, it was cold, not warm like she was. Buffy radiated warmth to everyone around her. This heart was just a pale imitation of the heart she truly had. Should he still give it to her? Could it be a final parting gift? There didn't seem to be any hope did there? His earlier plan sounded good, but could he make it work? Shaking his head he sighed and laid the heart down carefully on the table. He cared about her too much to hurt her like that. Didn't he? He thought for a few minutes, looking down at the picture on the table. The sudden anger that consumed him should have surprised him, but it didn't. He angrily stood up from his chair and grasped the heart in his hand.

The bitch had single-handedly broke his heart in the simple act of getting married. After all he had done to show her how he cared, she repaid him by getting married to another man. Shaking in anger as he stared at the picture on the table he lifted the hand holding the heart and slammed it down on the table forcefully. He winced as the crystal shattered under the force of the blow. Pulling his hand away he looked forlornly at the shards of crystal that were scattered over the table and photograph. That was what she had done; she had shattered his heart. Looking up at the clock he realized it was almost time for him to go. He quickly washed his hand of the blood and specks of crystal that had stuck to his hand, then swept the rest of the pieces into the box it had come out of. Picking up the card that was supposed to go with the crystal he carefully penned a short note and placed it in the box with the pieces.

This won't be her final gift, he thought as he carefully wrapped the box in the supplies he had out. No, this is going to just be the beginning of something more. He knew it would take some serious planning. Perhaps this would be the last gift for a little while as developed his idea. But he knew what he had to do. He had to break her heart, so that he would have the chance to pick up the pieces. The key was Spike. He knew that. Now he just had to figure out the best way to do it.

He jumped when he heard the door to the apartment open and looked carefully to make sure there were no leftover crystal shards on the table before turning to smile at the woman who had just walked into the kitchen.

"Ready to go, sweetheart?" he asked, his smile showing no signs of the earlier anger he had displayed.

"Sure, just let me get my stuff," the girl replied with a grin, slipping past him and towards the bedroom.

Oh yes, this was going to be sweet, he thought. He hadn't lost Buffy, not yet, and most certainly he wasn't going to lose her without a fight.