Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm back baby.....
Things had gotten better after their big blowup fight. Just as Buffy thought, it had helped drain some of the poison from their relationship. They began to eat their meals together. Watch Tv together. Read the paper together. But still, there was this distance between them. They slept in seperate rooms. They hardly ever talked. They were never intimate. They barely even touched. They were like two strangers.

And most of all, neither of them ever mentioned the money. Buffy used it sparingly, quietly paying off the overdue bills, including the house. William was making only just about enough to cover their expenses.

Buffy looked at the calendar. It was August. It had been three months since 'the weekend.' She missed William's touch. His smell. Sleeping in his arms. And most of all, she missed making love with him. Sometimes, she caught him looking at her. He had the strangest look on his face. Like he was somewhere else entirely.

One night, Buffy decided to take matters into her own hands. They were watching a movie together on their couch. It started with her moving close to him. Then closer. Then she'd rested her head on his chest. She heard him inhale deeply, felt his chest rise and fall. She placed a soothing hand on his stomach, rubbing his chest.

“Buffy,” William said, his voice raw with emotion, his eyes a kaleidoscope of feeling.

“Shhhh,” she said, looking up at him, then stroking his cheek.

And before he could say anything else, Buffy had raised herself up and gently brushed her lips against his.

William was in heaven. Her lips were so soft. So sweet. She tasted exactly like he'd remembered. God, he'd missed her. He'd missed everything about her. Her smile, her touch, her laugh. But most of all, he'd missed her taste. Her touch. The way she felt against him, burning him wherever she moved. Like a living, breathing flame.

Their mouths opened to allow their tongues to meld together, becoming one again. The kiss that had begun slowly, turned frantic. Their mouths opened wide. Wider. Then wider still, as if to try to swallow each other whole.

Months of deprivation washed all self-control away. Buffy found herself trying to tear off her husband's clothes, desperate to feel his bare skin on hers. All the while wrapping her legs around his waist and vigorously pushing herself into his rock hard groin, whining into his mouth.

William wound one hand deep into Buffy's hair, holding her mouth to his, drinking from her lips and tongue like the lost, parched soul that he was. He didn't need to breathe anymore. This is all the oxygen he ever needed.
Delicious, he thought. Absolutely delicious.

Except it wasn't his voice in his head anymore. Just like it wasn't his lips on hers. His tongue tasting hers. His hands, in her hair. On her bum.

Your beautiful wife is in good hands, he heard a self-satisfied voice say. It was a malicious whisper in William's ear. Nothing will happen that Buffy doesn't want to. I promise.

Buffy felt her husband tense up, then go rigid. She stroked his hair, urging him on, but when that didn't work she dropped her hand onto the fly of his jeans. Suddenly, William's hands were on her wrist, stopping her. And then he was gently disentangling himself from her. Not once did he look at her. And Buffy just stood there, bewildered.

“Will?” Buffy asked, breathing heavily.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, still not looking at her, then seemed to shake his head as if he were clearing some cobwebs. “I just....can't.”

“You,” Buffy said, taking in a deep breath. “You can't?”

“No,” William said, running a hand through his hair and turning away. “I can't. Sorry.”

And he climbed the steps, just leaving here there. In shock. She didn't even know when the tears began to flow, or when it drenched the front of her dress.

The next week....

Buffy waited in the cafe, sipping her non-fat mocha latte. She knew she should have done this ages ago, but she kept putting it off. She needed to talk to Faith. She'd texted her that very morning, asking if they could do lunch. Faith hadn't replied for a while, but eventually she'd texted back, saying yes.

Buffy knew why she'd been avoiding Faith. She was ashamed. Ashamed of what Faith would think of her new found wealth. Despite the fact that Faith had helped broker the deal. That's why she'd been avoiding Faith like a plague. And she suspected why Faith hadn't gotten in touch either. Maybe Faith was, in Buffy's opinion, despite her tough talk about monogamy and her libertarian views on sex, ashamed for her. Embarrassed to be around her.

“Hey B,” she heard Faith say. Buffy looked up. Faith looked, well, kind of anxious about the whole thing. That made Buffy's nerves jangle too.

“Hi,” Buffy said.

“How have you been?” Faith said, sitting down, putting her purse
besides her, giving Buffy a strained smile.

“Good,” Buffy said, hesitantly. “I've been.....good” she finished weakly.

Faith could tell that things were far from good. Buffy's posture was closed. Defensive. Her face looked weary. Her eyes looked grim. Faith's stomach churned a little. She'd wanted to call Buffy so often. But what could she really say?

“Me too,” Faith said. “I've been good. And busy with work ya
know?”

“Still trying to save the world one case at a time?” Buffy asked. Faith looked relieved, happy to pursue a non-threatening topic.

“Always,” Faith said. “I wish you had joined me. We could have had quite the law firm you know. Lehane and Summers, Attorneys at Law.”

Buffy smiled a little at the memories of their time together in college.

“Mom always hated the law,” Buffy said, stroking the base of her coffee cup. “She hated that I followed Dad into it.”

“She'd have understood,” Faith said. “Eventually.”

“Yeah,” Buffy said quietly. “Eventually.”

The silence continued for a moment.

“I wanted to thank you,” Buffy began suddenly.

“What for B?” Faith blinked, unsure of what she meant.

“For helping me with.....” Buffy said. “Everything. For not judging me. For being a real friend.”

Faith's heart began to hammer in her chest. So loudly that she felt sure Buffy could hear it. She opened her mouth to reply, but found herself hoarse. Faith cleared her throat a little, then managed to find her voice.

“You're welcome,” Faith said, Faith's face coloured a little as she began remembering the vivid details of the night in question. In the aftermath of the incident, Faith had fled the scene and buried the entire incident with a weekend of heavy drinking and casual hook-ups. But now, it all came flooding back.

The night in question....

Faith looked down at her purse. It was buzzing. An unknown number from overseas.

Another nigerian prince, Faith thought, rolling her eyes and disconnecting the call, then turned the phone off. Later, when, Faith was a little tipsy and in a cab home, she turned her cellphone on. Instantly, she received a text message.

Hey. Could you please check on Will for me? B

Good old B, Faith chuckled, shaking her head. Off screwing a billionaire but she still can't keep her mind off her loser of a husband.

Instantly, Faith felt a pang of regret at the thought. She hated this cruel part of her, which the booze only seemed to exacerbate.
Moments later, the cab had pulled up to Revello drive. Faith had crept upstairs to find William sleeping. In the buff. She'd gone down and made them both some coffee. Then she'd gone upstairs and stumbled on a drunken, newly awoken William.

“I always knew you were trouble,” Spike said, his voice as rough as his eyes. Faith had made quick work of the towel that was haphazardly clinging to his waist, tossing it up. The brunette's eyes lit up and she grinned like she-demon when she saw the magnificent prick that awaited her. Her hands were on him instantly, gently stroking his shaft and cupping his balls.

“You have no idea blondie,” Faith quipped. Spike pulled Faith's barely there dress down from over her shoulders, allowing her large breasts to come spilling out. His hands were on them instantly, copping a good long feel and tweaking a nipple between a thumb,

“Oh I think I do,” Spike sneered. He dropped a hand down, running it under her skirt. He squeezed a succulent thigh, moved his hands upwards and hissed when his palm made contact with her bare pussy.

“No panties,” Spike whispered. He quipped her quim with his palm and Faith arched into his hand, exhaling loudly. “I bloody well knew it. Saw it. Looked like you'd been gagging for it.”

“You talk too much,” Faith sighed, her eyes rolling back in pleasure. She missed the fleeting tortured look on Spike's face.

Spike's eyes watered.

Could see it on her face. In her eyes. Spike looked into her eyes, which seemed to flash hazel green. Then he blinked again and they were dark. Fucking whore, he thought, his mind sodden with drink. Just a goddamn whore after all. Underneath it all. No matter the facade she put up. Wanting it. Needing it. To be shagged out of her mind.

Spike licked the swell of a breast, then dipped to lap at a nipple with his tongue.

“Yeah,” Faith sighed, stroking the nape of Spike's neck with her palm. “Suck my titties baby. I love it.”

Spike opened his mouth, taking in a whole heap of breast and leisurely sucking on it. Then he gave the same attention to its twin.

“Hey,” Faith protested, when she heard a rip. Spike had just torn off the back of the dress. “That was new. And expensive.”

“Do I look like give a damn?” Spike said, as he was sucking on one of her fat nipples.

“Oh that's right,” Faith mocked. “You can afford it now.”

Spike froze. His blue eyes turned as black as the darkest night. His jawline tightened. His handsome face transformed into something animal like as his lips twisted upwards and stuck. Faith felt just a twinge of danger at having overstepped the line and enraged him. She knew he would make her pay. It made her pussy tingle.

“Yeah,” he sneered. Faith found rough hands turning her around, then pushing her onto her stomach. She tried to push back back but Spike had climbed up her back slightly, pressing his weight down on hers. Then he began ripping the dress from her body, punctuating each tear by boldly thrusting his hips against hers.

“You bet your sweet arse on it princess,” he added, smacking her ass hard enough to make her howl from the combined pleasure and pain.

“It's not my arse that's paying for it, is it?” Faith snipped as Spike positioned himself at the cleft of her ass.

“What?” Spike whispered. Did she just say that? Did she just fucking....

“I hope you weren't saving it for an anniversary,” Faith continued,
thrusting her ass high in the air. “Because I bet that particular cherry gets popped tonight.”

Faith turned back to look at him, made a 'popping' sound with her lips, then ran her tongue over her mouth.

“And licked clean.”

Spike saw red. He roared, then slammed himself full-length inside Faith's pussy.

“Fuck,” Faith screamed, rearing back against him.

“Whore,” Spike sneered, almost pulling out entirely, before slamming in all the way yet again. “Bitch. Fucking bitch.”

Spike's voice broke and tears filled his eyes as he curses
tumbled from his lips. Every degrading curse he could call a woman. Cunt. Whore. Slut. Bitch. And with every name, he thrust harder and harder and faster and faster.

“Close baby,” Faith whined. “Keep going.”

She brought Spike's hand up to chest, filling his hands with her breasts. Spike squeezed them hard enough to draw a pain filled moan, then forcefully pushed down on Faith's shoulders, grabbed her hair and pressed her nose to the ground.

“You think you're going to cum?” Spike said. His voice sounded malicious. No, downright evil. Faith found herself more turned on than she'd ever been. Of all the wild things she'd done, the thought of doing this. Getting screwed by him. Buffy's husband. This somehow seemed the most decadent. The most taboo. God, this was wrong. Just wrong. And that made it delicious.

“No,” Spike growled, pumping his hips expertly with every word. “You... don't.... get..... to....cum.”

Faith tried to use her fingers to get herself off, but Spike was wise to her game. He grabbed Faith's hands then interlocked them with his, leaving her wanting.

“I....should.....have.....known....better,” Faith gasped. “Loser like you. Probably can't even get a woman off....”

Spike only laughed at Faith's feeble effort to manipulate him. Instead he focused on milking the brunette's quim for all it was worth.

“Pull out,” Faith gasped, when she felt him tense up inside her.

“Now where's the fun in that?” Spike asked, slapping Faith's ass as hard as he could and drawing a yelp from her.

“I'm not on the pill asshole,” Faith growled. “Pull.....hunh....out.”
“Not my problem,” Spike said, gritting his teeth and tugging on her hair with his hand. “Princess.”

“I'm....oh.....not.....aaah...... fucking around,” Faith managed to say. “Don't...... cum....inside me.”

“Whores don't get to make demands,” Spike said. And then with a groan, he thrust. Once. Twice. Thrice. Spike's body tensed up. His nerve endings were on fire. And then he uncoiled entirely and with a shout and a sob spilled himself inside her.

Faith whimpered. Motherfucker, she thought. Didn't even get me off. Spike's cock was continuing to milk her pussy, even as she absorbed wave after wave of sticky fluid. And she was still on the edge of orgasm. Spike simply pulled out, wiped himself off with the bedsheet, then sat back and reached for the bottle, drinking deep of it.

Faith made an exasperated sound as she gingerly sat up, then looked down.

“Asshole,” Faith cursed. “Son of a bitch.”

Faith turned around to glare at Spike.
“Look at this,” she said, spreading her legs. “Look at what you
did.”

Spike looked. Her pussy was glistening. Drenched with his cum. Her large milky breasts were red with his rough hand prints. The sight of her made his cock tingle.

You're a right bastard, Spike thought, taking another deep swig.

“I told you not to cum inside me,” Faith said, her voice angry. “Asshole....”

Faith reached for the bedside tissues to try to wipe herself clean, but it was far too much.

“Son of a bitch,” she said, trying to slap Spike but he simply caught her hand. Faith tried to slap him with the other hand, but he caught that as well. Faith tried to pull free, but Spike only chuckled, bending her arm backwards and behind her.

“You could have pulled out and cum on my ass,” Faith said, furiously as she tried to wrestle free. “Bastard.”

“Not as much fun,” Spike smirked.“Plus it did make for a right pretty picture.”

“Ow,” Spike swore as Faith bent her head down, biting his peck. “Crazy bint.”

Spike was about to push her off when Faith suddenly began lapping at his nipple with her tongue. Spike raised an eyebrow as Faith began kissing and licking her way down until she'd reached his hip bones.

“How's this for a pretty picture?” Faith said. And then her pouty red lips were sucking on the head of his cock.

“Faith,” she heard him groan. “Faith.”

“Faith?” Buffy said, snapping the brunette out of her reverie.

“Huh?” Faith blinked. And suddenly she was back to the coffee shop, the memories of that night with Spike melting away.

“You kinda drifted away for a second there,” Buffy said, a quizzical look on her face.

“Five-by-five B,” Faith said, hoping her face wasn't flushed red.

Faith thought she saw something flicker in Buffy's eyes.

“It was no trouble at all,” Faith said warmly, leaning forward to take Buffy's hands in hers.

A moment later, Faith saw Buffy's eyes clear. The blonde relaxed visibly. Faith, perhaps eager to change the topic, strayed where she shouldn't have.

“So how was it?” Faith asked. Buffy froze.

“How was what?” Buffy asked slowly, as if she had no idea what Faith was talking about.

“Oh come on B,” Faith rolled her eyes. “You spent a weekend with a hot billionaire. That's practically a romance novel waiting to be written.”

“I.....” Buffy began, then squirmed uncomfortably. “I don't want to talk about it.”

“Argh,” Faith said. “Fine. Don't talk about it.”

Buffy exhaled, as Faith sulked for a moment.

“Just one thing,” Faith began.

“What?” Buffy asked, rubbing her temples.

“Was he good?” Faith asked, despite herself.

Buffy found herself lost for words. Faith pressed on her advantage.

“He was, wasn't he?” Faith said, with a grin.

“He...” Buffy trailed off as the memory of that night came flooding back. “He was...”

And Buffy couldn't help but remember...

Buffy and Xander stood at the edge of the bed. Buffy felt her knees tremble slightly from the anxiety. She could feel the back of her thighs hitting the bedpost. This was it. There was no turning back now. Her stomach was a roiling uncertainty of emotion.

I can't believe I'm doing this, she thought as Xander took her hands then guided them around his neck. Sleeping with someone, she thought. For money.

Buffy flinched when she felt his warm hands on her waist. He stroked them for a moment, then gently grasped her waist.
Buffy felt her cheeks flush slightly when she saw him cock his head to one side and appraise her. Like an object. A prize. His prize.

She felt a flash of anger and that made her cheeks red, which only seemed to inflame his ardour. Xander's eyes ran down her beautiful long hair, enjoying how it glowed gold in the bedroom light. Then he ran his eyes over her face. Her beautiful green eyes. Her gorgeous cheeks. Her perfect tiny nose.

Buffy saw his eyes drop to fixate on her glossy lips, saw his mouth part slightly as his tongue flickered against his lower lip.
And then he was looking into her eyes and now Buffy was sure her cheeks were red. She saw want. Just pure, unabashed want. Shining in his brown eyes.

Not just someone, she heard William's voice inside her head. Him. You're sleeping with him.

And how does that that makes it worse? she asked.

You know how, she heard William's voice hiss. You fucking whore.

Buffy didn't get a chance to argue with the voices in her head. All that had happened in just a moment. Suddenly she found herself off her feet...

Xander had been content to draw out the moment. Letting the tension build in Buffy's mind as he savoured his victory. She'd been so many things to him already. The stunning blonde he'd first seen in his hotel lobby. He'd been fascinated by her, wondered what type of woman she was.

A trophy wife, he'd been willing to bet. One of those women. A snooty, uptight blonde who was looking for the BBD. The bigger better deal. That would have been the easiest way into her pants. She'd have dropped her husband like a bad habit for a weekend in his bed. If she pleased him enough, he'd eventually keep her around for a few months. Until he'd tired of her.

But then Xander found out all about her. The girl next door. A good girl. Kind. Gentle. Moral. Sweet. Practically married her high school sweetheart before he broke her heart, then married her best friend. A devoted wife, by all accounts. Very much in love with her husband.

And that had intrigued Xander even more. The idea of getting that girl into his bed. Away from her husband. The idea had taken a hold of him. It haunted his dreams and waking thoughts and had led him down this path.

To here, Xander thought. To me and Buffy. Alone at last.
Xander never ceased to be amazed by the power of money. It had never let him down. Well, once. He'd been disappointed by their reaction to his more than generous offer. That defiant act had lit a fire under Xander and he'd vowed to bed the beautiful blonde. So he'd waited. And then, finally, an opportunity had presented itself. And Xander had been waiting.

And now here is, Xander crowed mentally. Buffy Summers. The good girl. The girl next door. In my arms. In my bed. And then he realized that she wasn't in his bed yet. And that he couldn't wait another second. So Xander picked Buffy up, guiding her legs around his waist.

Buffy and Xander tumbled onto the bed. Somehow, Buffy landed on top of him. Xander immensely enjoying the delicious friction of their bodies rubbing up against each other. He wanted to draw Buffy out of her shell, to make her a part of this. He was determined that she enjoy this as much as he was intended to. Nothing less would suffice than his complete victory over her. The girl in question's eyes were shut. Her knuckles were turning white as they clutched the bedsheet.

Buffy tried to clear her mind. Tried to control her unsteady breathing through her Yoga lessons. But it didn't seem to work. She could feel his breath on hers, his hands on her skin, his hard body underneath hers.

Xander cupped her chin, then raised it so that he could once again, look upon her face. He examined every inch of her countenance. That smooth forehead. Those flawless cheeks. A perfect little nose. And those lips. Forever glossy and kissable. A siren's song if he ever saw one.

He was a collector surveying an exquisite painting. Devouring it with his eyes. He'd been with tons of beautiful women. He was a rich billionaire. Beautiful women practically threw themselves at him. But there was something different about this one. Something he couldn't put into words.

“Beautiful,” he whispered, turning his mouth upwards for a kiss. Buffy's eyes opened at that declaration and seemed to flare. Just for an instant. Seeing that fiery look aroused Xander even further than he already was, but it was quickly gone, and her eyes were contemptous. Green pools of ice. Xander promised himself that he would see those icy hues melt into a puddle before the night
was out.

Xander ghosted Buffy's lips with his own as he stroked her shoulders with his fingers, running his hands down her smooth back, intending to remove the already slackened bra as he dropped his gaze to her cleavage.

Buffy's breath quickened and her nose flared as Xander licked his lips and admired the swell of her breasts. She reacted on instinct—scooting backwards and away from danger, leaving him grasping thin air.

“Don't,” she said, her lips quivering. Her cheeks flushed.

Buffy knew she had to. But she couldn't deal with it. With him. Looking at her. With his eyes. Not at this moment.

“Okay,” Xander said, surprising her, his hand dropping to his side.

Okay? Buffy thought bewildered momentarily. Then a slow grin formed on his lips.

“You take it off,” Xander said, moving back to rest his back against the heardboard. “Slowly.”

Buffy swallowed. Her eyes flickered to the bright bedside lights.
“The....the lights,” Buffy stammered, glancing at them.

Xander raised a brow.

“I can't,” Buffy said. “Not with the lights on.”

“That,” Xander said, languidly throwing his arms behind his head.
“Wasn't part of the deal.”

And then he looked at her expectantly. Buffy swallowed. This was a million times harder than she'd ever thought it could be. At least with the lights off she could pretend he was a college boyfriend or something. So she didn't have to look at him. Know it was him.

“Please,” she said, hating herself for saying the word. To him. A man she loathed.

Xander seemed to weigh her words for a moment.

“Fine,” he said finally, surprising her.

Buffy couldn't believe it. He was agreeing?

“But,” Xander added with a small smirk. “On one condition.”

Buffy's heart dropped. She knew it had been too good to be true.

“What?” she croaked, finding her throat incredibly dry.

“Kiss me,” Xander demanded.

Buffy's eyes narrowed. He wanted her to kiss him?

You wish, Buffy wanted to retort, but she wisely bit her tongue. Fine she thought. He'd get one closed mouth peck. Nothing more.

Xander took Buffy's silence as an acceptance of his terms. Buffy looked pointedly over at the bedside light, whose soft golden glow was illuminating the otherwise nearly pitch dark room.

Xander followed her gaze, then impatiently clucked his tongue. Buffy saw him reach behind the headboard, dimming the light way way down. He gave her one last longing look, then Buffy heard a click. And then there was only near pitch-darkness. And just the two of them.

“Take it off,” he said. Buffy hesitated a moment, then obeyed, sliding her bra down her arms and disposing of it, though she continued to cover herself with an arm.

A long, silent moment passed.

“Buffy,” she heard him say. Heard the impatience in his tone.

Buffy closed her eyes and inhaled deeply.

You have to, she thought. For us. Otherwise we lose everything.

So Buffy began moving across the bed. She sensed Xander's hands reaching for her and let out a half sob-half shaky breath when she felt his fingers on her skin.

I'm sorry William, she couldn't help but think, as Xander pulled her down and onto his lap, guiding her hands around his shoulders. I'm so sorry.

Buffy tried to avoid brushing up against his chest, but Xander seemed wise to her ploy, running his hand up between her shoulder blades, then pushing down gently until her breasts were smushed up against his chest.

“You feel amazing,” Xander whispered, conspiratorially. As if to remind her of what she was doing. With whom.

Xander was in heaven. God, the feeling of her in his arms. Her breasts against his chest. He could feel her nipples rubbing up against his pecks, burning him wherever they touched. Jesus the things he wanted to do to her. With her. Have her do to him.

Wait, he reminded himself. Wait for it. Wait for the moment. Buffy gritted her teeth, trying desperately to block out all feeling and sensation.

“Kiss me,” she heard him say. She could see the outline of his face inches away from her. Buffy grimaced, in the darkness. Despite the fact he couldn't see her. The kiss.

You were hoping he'd forgotten? she heard a voice that seemed to perfectly mimic Faith's mocking tone. It's just a kiss B. No biggie.

Yes, Buffy thought. It's just a kiss. One measly kiss.
So Buffy leaned in slowly, closing her eyes and followed the sounds of his breathing.

But it's not, is it, she heard another voice say. A different, sorrowful voice. It's not just a bloody kiss. It's my....

But that distinctive sound in Buffy's ear was cut short by another sound. A short wet sound. Only moments later did Buffy realize what that sound was. It was the sound of her lips smacking against Xander's.

“Mmmmm,” Xander breathed, loving the feel of her petal soft mouth against his. He puckered his mouth, wanting to taste all of her sweetness, rejoicing at how delicious she was. She tasted better than he could have ever imagined.

And there's so much to taste, Xander thought, letting his imagination run wild for a moment, before he reigned himself back in.

Have fun rolling around in my money Willy, Xander thought. Because I'm sure as hell going to enjoy rolling around with your wife.

It took a short moment for Buffy to begin feeling his mouth against hers.

Soft, Buffy thought. It was the first thought that came to her mind. No, was the second thought. No, no, no

She reeled back, separating their mouths for a moment, gasping for air, but then Xander's hand was on the back of her head and pulling her lips back to his.

“Mphh,” Buffy protested into his mouth. But then she remembered. The deal. The money. So she simply stopped fighting.

Buffy didn't know how it had happened. Or when it happened. When one kiss ended and another began. And another. Soon, she lost count of the kisses he'd taken from her. Or had she given them to him? She didn't know anymore. All she knew is that there had been a thousand kisses in the darkness. Until she could have been kissing anyone. Anyone but him. That was when she'd begun losing herself.

“Buffy,” he slurred around her lips.

“Shhh,” Buffy mumbled, pressing her finger to his lips. The voice would take away the darkness. She needed the darkness. The darkness made things easier. Who was to say that things that happened in the dark had really even happened? It could all be a dream.

That's right, Buffy thought. Just a dream. Her hands became bolder. Running over his shoulders experimentally. Through his hair.

His hands became bolder too. Running down her back. Cupping her ass.

Then they began divesting each other of what little clothing remained, their breathing becoming heavier and heavier. His shorts were the first to be tossed overboard, followed by her panties. And then they were in each other's arms and he was laying her down in the middle of the bed.

“C....condom,” she whispered, a firm hand on his chest.

He grunted with impatience, then reached over to the nightstand, his hand grasping only air.

“Dammit,” he said, flicking on the light switch. Xander gritted his
teeth. There was not a single condom in sight. Someone was getting fired for this. Xander shot Buffy an apologetic look, then opened the drawer. Bingo he thought, picking one out between his thumb and forefinger.

“Fuck you're gorgeous,” Xander said, ripping the packet open
with his teeth, loving the dazed look on Buffy' face.

Buffy's eyes felt heavy. The light. It was bright. Too bright. Golden. Blinding. She blinked for a moment. Then another. Her eyes began to focus again.

Where am I? she thought, bewildered. The ripping sound brought Buffy back to her senses. The sight of Xander opening the condom and lowering it between his legs snapped her out of it.

“I've been thinking about this since I saw you,” Xander said. Two steps later he was climbing up her body. Buffy responded by pushing him off and scooting away from him.

“No,” she said, grabbing the bedsheet and covering herself with it. “Stop.”

The smile melted from Xander's face.

“No?” he said slowly.

“No,” she said quickly. “I can't.”

“You can't,” Xander repeated.

“No,” Buffy said. “I can't.”

A moment of silence held.

“Why?” Xander said incredulously.

“Because I love my husband,” Buffy said, half-stammering.
“Because I can't betray him. I thought I could do this. Without it meaning.....something.....everything....but I can't.”

Buffy didn't know what to expect next. Maybe that he would attack her. They were in a hotel room after all. His hotel room. And she'd come with him willingly. In a manner of speaking.

You whored yourself out, she heard Spike's bitter voice say. Who would believe you if you cried rape?

Buffy tightened the bedsheet around herself. She wasn't going to give in without a fight.

And then Xander began laughing. Hysterically. So much so that he rolled onto the floor.

“What?” Buffy said, bewildered. But he didn't stop. He laughed until there were tears coming out of his eyes.

“What the hell is the matter with you?” she said, shaking her head, trying not to look at him. “Have you completely lost your mind.”

Finally, Xander sat with his back against the bed, all laughed out. He wiped his eyes, then chuckled.

“You,” he said. “You wouldn't understand.”

“I don't want to understand,” Buffy said miserably. “I just want to go home. And forget this ever happened.”

Xander's shoulders tensed. Forget this ever happened? No, that wouldn't do. Not at all. Xander was silent after that, for so long that Buffy began to freak out.

“Okay,” Xander said, surprising Buffy. “If that's what you want....”
Buffy blinked. He was okay with that?

“But you know....all your money problems won't just melt away,” he said.

Buffy hated to admit it, but Xander was right. They were in deep.

“We'll figure it out,” she said, hoping she sounded a lot more convincing than she felt. “I just can't......do this.”

“What if you could keep the money?” Xander said.

“What?” Buffy said.
“The money,” Xander said. “Keep it. All of it. ”

“I don't want your money,” Buffy spat.

“I'm serious,” Xander said, turning around, still sitting on the floor. “You can keep the money. Without anything happening tonight.”

Buffy knew she shouldn't bite. But she was curious.

“How?” she said.

“Simple,” Xander said. “All you have to do is go home. And stay faithful to your husband for a whole year.”

This time, it was Buffy's turn to laugh. It was a hollow laugh, devoid of joy and feeling and at this moment it was all she could manage.

“You're out of your mind,” she said.

“Maybe,” Xander smiled. “Shall we bet?”

Buffy looked at him goggly-eyed.

“Fine,” she said. “It's a bet.”

“Oh,” Xander said. “There's just one small condition.”

“Which is?” Buffy.

“You can't tell him about what happened here....” Xander began.

“Nothing happened,” Buffy said hotly.

She knew that technically wasn't true. But she didn't care. As far as she was concerned, nothing had happened. They didn't even really do any....stuff. Not really.

“You can't tell him what didn't happen here,” Xander amended. “Until this day next year.”

Buffy looked at the calendar. It was June. A year? For ten million dollars? Buffy knew she ought to wipe her hands clean of the whole affair, but as Xander had said, she really needed the money. And then Buffy found herself rationalizing things.

I can tell Will in a year, she reasoned. We can deal with it. Our love is stronger than that. Than just...the thought of infidelity.
The word 'no' was on the tip of her tongue. Buffy managed to open her mouth. But the smug look on his face changed her mind.

“Fine,” she said.

“And just to make sure,” Xander said. “There'll be a polygraph test. Every month.”

“Fine,” Buffy said. “A year.”

“Goodnight Buffy,” Xander said, standing up. He chuckled when she averted her eyes.

“I'll see you soon,” Xander said. She heard the lights click out, then heard his footsteps walk away. Buffy sat there in the darkness for the longest time. Not moving a muscle. She didn't know if she was afraid he'd return. She locked the door behind her, then went back to bed. She didn't know when sleep claimed her.

“Buffy,” she heard Faith say. “Yo. B.”

“Where were you?” Faith said. “You looked dreamy eyed for a minute there.”

“I was.....right here,” Buffy said, staring down at her coffee.
“Mmm hmmmm,” Faith said. “That good huh?”

Buffy had to bite back the reply at the tip of her tongue. That she never found out. That she didn't want to. Buffy looked up at the Sunnydale firm owned, where she had an appointment to give a polygraph. And Buffy gave the only answer she could.

“Yes,” Buffy said, never looking up from her coffee. “He was good.”