Disclaimer: I own nothing. The title and idea are based on Kay Mellor’s Book.

A/N’s. This is my first foray into trying to write some serious smut, we’ll have to see what happens. (Knowing me it will turn into an epic)



Between the Sheets


Buffy sat in the waiting room glancing around her. It was decorated nicely, all soothing colours. She glanced again at the annoying patronizing receptionist who had introduced herself as Harmony, and given her a poor you look. Buffy suppressed the urge to slap her.

Buffy sighed again and tried to remind herself why she was here again, oh yeah because Riley thought she was abnormal and as a last attempt to reconcile their relationship she had agreed to be fixed.

Buffy sighed again, only louder. Riley was late.

The door opened and a voice called their names.

“Miss. Summers and Mr. Finn?”

Buffy never even looked up, she just hesitated for a moment before gathering her bag and coat and heading towards the voice.

She entered the room and took a seat in one of the chairs in front of the desk. She finally looked up when her therapist took a seat behind the desk. A bolt of surprise shot through her. Her therapist was a man. Her therapist was a gorgeous man. Buffy wanted to slap herself. Maybe the problems were all hers, how many people went to Sex therapy to sort out their problems and ogled their said therapists.

She blushed as he stared at her.

“Mr. Finn…?” He began.

“Is late.” She finished for him.

“Ok Miss. Summers, we can start anyway. My name is William Stanton, but most people call me Spike. I’m your assigned therapist. I tape all of my sessions, is that okay with you, they will be destroyed when you leave my service.” He held out his hand for her to shake. In his mind Spike wondered why he had given Buffy his nickname, he had never had a patient call him Spike before.

Buffy shook his hand and took the opportunity to look at him properly. He had bleached blond hair and the most piercing blue eye’s she had ever seen. Not to mention the English accent that gave her little tingles.

“Please, call me Buffy and yes that’s fine.” She added; why not add to the humiliation she thought, and Spike clicked the tape recorder on.

The door to the office burst open as a moan rushed in.

“I’m sorry I’m late.” He spoke as he bent down to kiss the top of Buffy’s head.

“Mr. Finn?” Spike asked.

“Yes sir, but you can call me Riley. I’m sorry I’m late, I met an old college buddy outside the building.” He took a seat next to Buffy and scooted his chair closer. He rested a hand on her knee and Spike noticed the slight look of disgust that crossed her face.

“Right, we better get started. First of all let me ask you what you expect to come from these sessions.” Spike started the session as he normally would.

Buffy opened her mouth to speak but Riley got there first.

“Well its Buffy that has the problems, I’m just here to support her.” Riley beamed as he patted her knee.

Buffy blushed and glared at him.

Spike took in the scene and scribbled on his notepad.

Frigidity? Abuse? He stared for a moment at the couple in front of him, the little blond in front of him didn’t strike him as the sort of person who needed sexual therapy but he knew better than anyone that looks could be deceiving.

“Well Riley in my experience it is rarely ever one sided.” Spike spoke in a measured voice and he caught the grateful look that Buffy shot him.

“Oh sir I can assure you, there’s nothing wrong with me, like I said I’m just her for support.”

“That’s very kind of you.” Spike said without thinking, but Riley just nodded happily.

There and then Spike made a decision, one that didn’t normally come until much later on in the sessions.

“In that case I’m going to suggest that I see you and Buffy separately to start with, starting with today, why don’t you wait outside Riley?” Spike asked with a smile.

Riley just nodded and stood.

“You don’t have to wait Riley, why don’t you see if you can catch up with that college buddy?” Buffy smiled as sweetly as she could.

“You sure honey?” Riley asked his eyes gleaming with hope.

“Uh huh, you go ahead” Buffy nodded.

Riley shot out the door without a backward glance.

Spike took a few seconds to stare at Buffy and then did something he had never done in his professional life.

“So what’s really going on?” he asked bluntly.