**

Chapter 6

Buffy got home and entered her kitchen and found herself confronted with Riley.

“Dr. Stanton called.” He informed her solemnly.

“He did!” Buffy gasped, what in Hell had Spike done.

“He said that you didn’t make another appointment and that he needed to see you again.” Riley explained and Buffy’s heart left her mouth and returned to her chest.

“Oh, I must have forgotten.” She said lamely.

“Buffy you are taking this seriously aren’t you. You agreed to go so we can sort out your issues. If you need to see Dr. Stanton all day everyday, then that’s what you’re going to do.” Riley patted her shoulder in what she assumed was a go team way.

Buffy stared at Riley; he wants me to spend more time with my therapist? Well maybe I would if I hadn’t just about raped him. She flushed scarlet as she recalled what had happened. In crystal clear Technicolour.

Riley pulled her into a rough hug.

“Don’t be ashamed Honey. We can get you through this; the therapist will fix you I’m sure.” He kissed her on top of the head and then leaned in to kiss her mouth. Buffy knew that kiss; she let out a little eep and jumped away from him.

“Dr. Stanton said no sex, of any kind.” She shouted in a rush. The fact that she had cheated on her boyfriend about a hour before, and with a man who had made her scream for the first time in her life didn’t really put her in the mood for sex.

“What? Why?” Riley whined.

“He says I have to face my problems and work through them before I can be who you want me to be.” Buffy lied through her teeth.

Suddenly Riley broke into a big smile.

“I’m so proud of you Buffy. Dr. Stanton must be really good for you. It’s a good thing I made you another appointment for the morning isn’t it?” He puffed out his chest, obviously pleased with himself.

Buffy just stared, open mouth. She had to go see Spike in the morning.

“I have a …thing in the morning…” she tried but Riley cut her off.

“Nonsense, I’ll take you myself. Now if you could get dinner started that’d be great, I’m starved.” He gave her one last smile and wander off.

Buffy collapsed against the counter. What was she gonna do now? Pulling herself up straight she pulled herself together. She would be professional, a mature adult. She would go in there and apologise for what happened and tell Spike that she thought that she should see another therapist.

Happy with that thought, Buffy threw together a stir-fry, called Riley and then ran upstairs for a shower.

**

Spike sat in his office, waiting for her. His stomach awash with excitement, his mind awash with shame. When the knock came at the door he called for her to come in.

“Hello.” Buffy spoke stiffly.

Spike repressed a smile; obviously she was in some torment as well, because she had on jeans, a jumper and a scarf. In 80 degree heat.

“Please have a seat Buffy.” Spike let himself smile in a friendly way, not wanting to scare her.

Buffy sat down and tugged at her scarf, she was stifling in the heat but hey she was covered, there would be no revealing flesh of any kind today.

“I wanted…” She began

“I just want to…” He said at the same time.

“Please Buffy; let me go first, I need to say this.” Spike pleaded softly.

“Okay.” She answered.

“I am so very sorry for what happened yesterday, I shouldn’t have taken advantage of you like that. If you feel that you need to make a complaint I totally understand.” He sat with his hands in his knees waiting for her to speak.

Buffy gaped at him.

“You? Advantage? If anything it was me!” Buffy explained.

“It should be me apologising, it was me who practically attacked you, and I wanted to tell you that if you want me to see someone else I’d understand.” Buffy finished with a blush.

Spike stared at this amazing woman for a few seconds before speaking.

“I think we should put it down to a freak occurrence and proceed as normal.” There was no way he was going to let this woman slip away from him, he knew realistically that nothing could come of it but he could have a little time with her.

“That would be good.” Buffy smiled shyly.