Buffy stopped a taxi and put her baggage inside the trunk. She left for the airport, thinking how she would avoid Angel. An hour later, she decided that she would meet Dawn’s boyfriend, ask Fred for the papers and leave. She didn’t have to see him. Willow had told her about Fred when she had gone to L.A and, after Sunnydale, she had helped them a lot finding the Slayers all over the world. Buffy had really never met her, in person, but she thought that it would be easier to ask her the information before talking to Angel again.
“Damn…” she sighed, when she was already sitting on the plane. How had she gotten to this point? She had decided not to see Angel anymore, to forget him as she had done before… so many years ago… and now, the story repeated itself.
Almost six years ago she had killed him with a sword… the love of her life, her only true love in that moment. And after that she had gone, far away, trying to forget everything: her love, her pain… And now, it was the same thing: Spike… only pronouncing his name inside of her head made all the little hairs on her arms to stand up. He had died, saving the world. She hadn’t killed him, but he was gone… and again she had left far away to forget him… and now what?
She was traveling to Los Angeles to see that first love, the one who had tried to forget for so long so many years ago… and he was there, waiting for her.
Buffy sighed.
Yeah… life is complicated.
“The only thing that would complete this situation would be if Spike appeared again…” she sneered. But the simple fact that something like that could happen, and she knew it was impossible, pierced her heart.

~~~~~~~

“I’ll call her…” Spike said, bringing his hand to the phone. “No, wait, I better not.” He left the phone on the table. “But what if…?”
“What are you doing?” Gunn suddenly asked, staring at him from the frame of the door. He had been there for some minutes now, watching Spike’s weird movements with his hand towards the phone.
“Huh?” Spike turned his head to glance him. “Oh, nothing…”
“Seems you wanna call somebody…”
“Who? Me? Nah… Who could I call?”
“I don’t know…”
Suddenly Fred appeared at the door.
“K…” she said, entering to the office. “I have the information about the slayer they are looking for… do you have any idea of where Dawn could be?”
Spike didn’t hear. He was still staring at the phone.
“Hummm, I think I saw her with a guy some hours earlier.” Gunn answered for Spike. The blond vampire turned around.
“With a guy??”
“Yeah, you know these adolescents of today… who knows what their next movement will be…” he laughed.
Spike walked out of the office, growling.
“Her sister will know about this… oh yeah…”
“First you have to call her!” Gunn yelled, laughing.
“Yeah, thanks for that!”
He walked downstairs and glanced at Dawn and Angel who were talking. He caught some words of their conversation.
“…Buffy’s coming to L.A…”
Spike froze. What? Had he heard correctly? Buffy? Coming to L.A? He turned around and stared at them.
“What??”
“Oh, Spike!” Dawn jumped at her place. “I didn’t realize you were here.”
“Buffy’s coming to L.A??” he said, walking into the office.
“Spike, I don’t think…” Angel tried to stop him.
“Shut up little poof.”
Angel closed his mouth. Spike approached to Dawn.
“Yeah…” she answered shyly, staring at her feet. “But she doesn’t know you’re here. I didn’t tell her… I only asked her to come to meet someone…” Spike stared at her. “She doesn’t even know you’re alive.”
He avoided her look.
“Oh…”
“Yeah, she told me she had…” Dawn didn’t know if it would be ok to tell him that she had met another guy, that she was making a new life in England… that she thought Buffy had already forgotten about Spike. But she knew she had to say something. “She met a guy…”
He didn’t want to listen anything else. He turned around and left the room.

~~~~~

It was eight thirty when she arrived to L.A. She called a cab and went to the hotel to leave her stuff. Then she would talk to Dawn, meet her boyfriend ask for Fred the papers and leave. She would come back to England to see George, this new guy she had met a couple nights before.
She was walking out the hotel towards Angel’s offices, thinking about him: he was brown-haired, he had beautiful green eyes and he was so… but all the thoughts about George disappeared when she saw a blond guy walking on the other side of the street… that jacket, that hair, that way of walking… no, it couldn’t be him… it was impossible. She froze at her place, watching him, walking, leaving… he was leaving. No! He couldn’t leave again, she couldn’t lose him… she couldn’t be without him anymore.
“Spike?” she whispered, while a tear rolled down her cheek.
He froze at his place. That voice… he turned around quickly, trying to find where that voice was coming from. He could recognize that whisper anywhere, it was unique, it was hers… and then he found her: she was stand on the opposite walk-side, staring at him. She was very still, holding her hands under her chin, a new tear coming out from her beautiful eyes… He couldn’t move. He wanted to run, cross the street, hold her in his arms, and kiss her passionately, but his legs didn’t respond. He only got an answer from them when he saw her running towards the street, crossing in front of a truck that was driving towards her.
“BUFFY!!! WATCH OUT!!” he screamed, while she kept running. She slowed her steps, and stared at the vehicle that was moving quickly towards her. She froze… for a couple of seconds, she couldn’t breath, she couldn’t think. She only felt two strong arms that suddenly held her and hit her against the cold pavement, a leather coat and a slight smell of tobacco. After that, she didn’t hear anything else, she just concentrated in those blue eyes staring at her and those lips pressing against hers.

TBC…