Rain started pouring down onto them and lightning flashed in the sky.


They all stood to their feet, except for Spike. He stayed on his knees and looked up at the sky.


"Oh, now you wanna put on a show? Huh? You wanna put on a real show? Bring her back to me!"


He stood on his feet and yelled at the angry sky, tears mingling with raindrops on his face.


"Did you hear me? Give her back!!!"


Lightning lit up the sky and thunder rolled so hard it shook the gravestones.


The rain was torrential and the wind was howling as they tried to calm him down.


"Please...I need her more than you do."


His voice was a whisper and no one heard his silent plea, except for the wind.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



They ran into Giles' apartment soaked to the bone, even though the rain had stopped as they fled the graveyard.


Giles was at the bar and looked up from the book that lay in front of him.


"Good Lord, what happened to you?"


They all stopped trying to dry off and looked at him as if he had grown two heads.


"Uh, maybe that freak storm?" Cordelia said.


Giles brow furrowed even more as he regarded them.


"What on earth are you talking about?"


"The storm." Willow looked around at the others.


"There hasn't been any storm."


"Okay, Giles are you drinking some "magic" tea, now? There was a huge storm, with lightning and thunder and rain. Any of this ringing a bell?" Xander asked as he looked around for a bottle of liquer that Giles must have been drinking.


"I can assure you, there has been no storm. Look outside, it's as dry as a bone."


They all looked out the door at the dry grass and cement.


"But, we were there. There was lightning and thunder-- Giles, the trees shook because the thunder was so loud." Xander was beginning to get more freaked by the second.


Giles could feel his hackles rising. Something was definitely not right.


"Where were you when this happened?"


"In the cemetary."


Giles nodded his head and took in the information.


"Well, I guess we have no choice but to research it."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



They walked into the library and stopped in their tracks, someone had beaten them there.


A woman was standing close to the table, her back was to them and she stood as still as the night.


Her hair was long and curled at the ends, nearly reaching her waist. But what was the strangest, was the gown she was wearing. It was white and it flowed around her feet, settling on the floor.


"Wow, where's the wedding?" Xander whispered as he took in the small woman.


Giles scrunched his brow, something was eerily familiar about her.


"Can I help you, miss?"


She turned to face them and it was as if the air had been sucked from the room. Sparkling green eyes twinkled and a small smile adorned the pouty lips.


Spike walked through the double doors and straight into Xander.


"What the bloody hell is wrong with yo-"


The words died on his lips and his eyes were wide as his knees hit the floor.


"Buffy?"