"Buffy?"


He couldn't move. He didn't trust his legs.


But most of all, he didn't trust his eyes.


Tears fell at the thought of this being another dream, of waking up again with her on his mind, but not in his arms.


Please...Please don't let me be dreaming.


She was beautiful, an angel. His angel. She walked toward him with her own tears trailing down her face.


He didn't blink and he didn't breath, afraid that any movement might cause him to wake up.


She came to a stop in front of him and he could feel the heat from her body.


"Hello, my love." She reached out and caressed his face.


When her hand touched his face, the dam broke. He pulled her to him and cried his joy into her stomach, the beautiful gown shining with his tears. She fell to her knees and cupped his face in her hands. He ran his hands over he body, assuring himself that she was really here, that she was really in his arms.


"Buffy. Oh God, Buffy. I love you. I love you so much!"


She smiled and pulled him to her for a kiss that mended his broken heart.


"I love you, William."


He pulled her to him and held her as he sobbed, his words spilling into her hair.


"Thank you. Thank you so much. Thank you, God...."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It was almost midnight as they made their way into the cemetary.


Spike held Buffy close to his side and never took his eyes from her face. He didn't need to watch where he was going, he knew this path by heart.


They came to a stop in front of the tombstone and Buffy pulled away to kneel in front of it. Spike sat down behind her, and pulled her onto his lap.


"So this is it, huh?" Buffy asked as she traced the headstone.


"Yeah." He buried his face in her hair and sent another thanks above.


"How am I here, Spike?"


He shook his head and took a deep breath.


"I don't know, pet. Miracle, I suppose."


"It was like I just went to sleep. I remember kissing you and then there was nothing. Nothing but you."


He gave her a strange look and she continued.


"It was like I was dreaming of you, of things we had done and said. And then I was standing in the library. In this weird dress."


She looked down at the dress that was covered by Spike's duster.


"My miracle."


She smiled and turned to give him a sweet kiss. She turned back and looked at the cold marble, noticing the large vase of roses. She ran her hands through them, some were so wilted they were hardly even there.


"Wow, there are so many."


"On Hundred and Forty-Eight. One for every day you were gone."


Spike sat there a moment before leaning forward and plucking the most vibrant rose from the vase, handing it to her.


"What are you doing?"


He pulled her to him for a kiss and gave her a teary smile.


"Today doesn't count, does it?"







The End