Title: Bittersweet
Part; Prologue
E-mail: Angelusblood@yahoo.com
Author: Tygerlily
Summary: Set after 'The Gift', Dawn's dies instead of Buffy. Buffy and Spike are shattered by Dawn's death and leave Sunnydale. Angel and the rest of the gang try to bring them home...weirdness insues.
Disclaimer: Not mine! I kinda borrowed them from Joss for awhile...shhh don't tell it'll be our secret.
Rating: R (for now eventually NC-17)
Author's Note: My first attempt at a B/S fic. So please be kind.
Author's Note II: Ok I was having writer's block, I had no idea where to begin for a B/S fic so I found this Challenge at the BuffySpke Diaries site -- It's Given by Jinxanna and it's Challenge #12.

Prologue

*--------------------*

As the fight raged on below just above another was occuring. Spike just coming around after falling from the tower, the portal already opened. He looked up to see Buffy trying to free Dawn from her bonds. He tried to move, to get to them, to get to Buffy and to help her. Spike began to lift his broken body from the ground but the pain being to great and he promptly fell back down and darnkess came.

*--------------------*

Buffy finally freed Dawn and began to lead her away from the edge of the platform, all the while ignoring her own injuries. Just then a dark dragon broke through the sky. The walls to the realities crumbling around the two sisters. Dawn stopped her, looking at Buffy with such sadness in her eyes. Buffy only looked at her with tired and slightly confused eyes. Dawn began to shake her head and broke free from her sisters embrace. Buffy tried to keep hold on her sister but with her injuries her sister broke free from her grip and with one last backwards glance. Dawn turned and ran to the end the platform, she took a breath and fell over the side and into the light.

*--------------------*

The sun was just coming over the horizon, Dawn's broken body laying admist the rubble. Xander carring an injured Anya, Willow and Tara clinging to eachother, Giles slowly emerging in disbelief, Spike only a few feet away collapsed into sobs.

Finally Buffy coming down the broken steps of the tower staring in grief and disbelief at what was left of her 'family' and her sister. She walked slowly over to Spike seeing for the first time how much the vampire cared for her sister. Buffy fell down to her knees and pulled him into her arms, Spike automatically wrapped her in a tight embrace. Buffy cried for her sister, Spike cried for his friend and both cried for the girl that had gained a place in theirs hearts no other could ever touch.

*--------------------*

END OF PROLOGUE