It had been three days since the incident with the Mauruk demon, and Buffy had managed to avoid bringing up the subject with any of her friends—mainly because she'd been avoiding them as well. But one nagging question from something Spike had said that night made her finally seek him out.

"What do you mean he moved out?" Buffy demanded to know, her hands firmly set on her hips. "He's a cold blooded killer, Xander. You can't just let him wander around on his own."

"Cold blooded killer with a chip in his head," Xander reminded her. "Look, living with him was no picnic. And the damper if put on my sex life… I mean, it's not like Anya and I could do anything with him here. What were we supposed to do, invite him to join in? It's Spike, and…" Xander stopped suddenly. "Sorry, Buffy. I wasn't thinking…"

Buffy brushed it off, ignoring the sudden knot in her stomach. "It's no big. I did what I had to. It's over."

"So why did you want to find him exactly?" Xander asked.

Buffy blushed slightly. "That, um, night he said something about 'shagging the Slayer' being something he could brag to his friends about. I just want to threaten him a bit, make sure it doesn't get out."

"Buffy, if he dared to tell a single demon, I swear I'll help you stake him."

"Thanks for the offer, Xander, but if anyone gets to stake Spike, it's gonna be me. I think I've more than earned it."

"I can give you directions to the crypt he moved in to. I helped him tap a power line for it. You know, for the blood and television. Apparently he can't live in a place that doesn't allow for him to watch Passions."

"So Giles wasn't making it up. Spike seriously watches that."

"Religiously." Xander frowned. "If 'religiously' can be used to describe anything a vampire does…"

Buffy shook her head. "All right. Crypt. Where is it?"

*** *** ***

Spike jumped up as the door to his crypt swung open with a resounding clang. He looked up, his eyes bulging a bit when he saw Buffy. "Bloody hell, Slayer, you scared me half to death."

"Spike, you're already dead."

"Good point. Scared me half alive?" Buffy rolled her eyes. Spike crossed his arms in front of him, reasserting his usual cocky swagger. "Right. So what brings you here this time of the day? I figured cemeteries were more of a nighttime hang out for you."

"Look, the other night when we, um, did that, you said something about bragging to your friends about, um, you and me."

Spike smirked. "And what? You've come to check up on your precious reputation? Don't worry, pet. I'm unpopular enough as it is with the demon world now that it's come out that I've been killing my own kind. Don't need it getting around that I'm the Slayer's boytoy, too."

"Ugh. Boytoy? That's a thought I so do not want. Just make sure you don't decide to make it known."

"Or what? I finally meet the business end of Mr. Pointy?"

Buffy narrowed her eyes. "Yes. And don't push it."

"I seem to recall you liked me pushing 'it' the other night."

"Ew! Gross, Spike. You are such a…"

"A pig. I know. Heard it before. So was that all you wanted, Slayer?" He gave her a slow, suggestive smile.

"Of course!" Buffy said, the way he was looking at her making her nervous. "What else would I want from you?"

Spike's smile grew as he caught the scent of her arousal. Had the other night left as much of an impression on her as it had on him? "Maybe you want this," he said, grabbing his belt and calling attention to the bulge in the front of his jeans.

"Don't make me stake you…" Buffy said, her eyes transfixed on that certain part of Spike's anatomy.

"I think you'd rather have me stake you," Spike replied.

"Geez. Corny, much, Spike?"

Suddenly, Buffy felt herself pressed up against the wall of the crypt, Spike's vampire speed bringing him to her before she had a chance to blink. "I know you want me, Slayer. I can smell it all over you You've gotten all hot for another vampire."

"No…I don't want you."

"Then stop me." Spike kissed Buffy hard, any protest she had dying as his lips sealed themselves to hers. She moaned, her hands going up to tangle in his hair and pull his mouth closer. Spike undid his pants, then reached up Buffy's skirt, ripping her panties from her body and sheathing himself inside her before she had time to think. Buffy tore her mouth from his, crying out as he took her against the wall.

"You like this, Slayer?" Spike asked, his mouth against her ear. "This is what you need, isn't it, pet? Something wild, hard. Primal."

"Yes!" Buffy cried, almost unaware of herself anymore, only knowing that she had to have Spike keep doing exactly what he was doing. "More, Spike…please. It's so good…"

Spike lifted her up, carrying her over to the sarcophagus he'd been using as a bed. He didn't let himself slip out of her, and resumed thrusting as soon as he'd pressed her against the blanket. Buffy kept with a steady string of moans and pants, pushing her hips hard against Spike's, desperate for more. "Spike…I need…oh god, I need…"

"I know what you need, baby," Spike purred in her ear. He pulled out almost all the way before slamming back in, biting her neck with blunt teeth simultaneously. Buffy screamed, her whole body going rigid before it began trembling violently. Spike thrust a few more times before collapsing on top of her.

Buffy lay under Spike, her arms still wrapped around him. She knew she should probably push him off, but he felt so good pressed against her overheated skin. "Why…why did we do this again?" Buffy asked after a few moments of silence.

"Dunno," Spike said with an almost imperceptible shrug. "Seemed like the thing to do at the time."

"It really did," Buffy replied with a giggle. Suddenly she sobered, pushing against Spike's chest. He rolled off her, fixing his pants as Buffy smoothed her skirt back down. "It has to be the Mauruk bite," she said.

Spike looked at her askew. "Did you get bitten again?"

"No, but it must still be having an effect on my system."

"Giles said it would wear off as soon as someone, um…" Spike winked at her. "Let's just say I did my part. Three times at last count."

"No, Giles must've missed something. Some sort of more long term effect." Buffy's eyes grew wide. "What if…what if I keep wanting to have sex with you?"

"And this is bad because…"

"Spike, stop it! That would be awful!"

"Hey! I was there, too, Slayer, and I do not recall anything being awful. Best of my unlife is more like it."

"Best of your…"

Spike realized what he'd said and backpedaled. "Uh, no. Not the best ever you, know. Just of late. Harmony, was all right, but…"

Buffy held up a hand. "Mental picture of you with Harmony is not something I want."

"Yeah, me either," Spike muttered. "Look, Slayer, you can try to rationalize this all you want, but the truth of the matter is, you're hot for me."

"No! God, ew. It's the Mauruk. I know it is. It's the only explanation as to why I'd do something so disgusting."

"Well, you sure know how to stroke a man's ego," Spike muttered.

"I don't want to stroke your ego—or any part of you," Buffy snapped.

"So you want to go again?"

"Oh god, yes."

Spike leapt at Buffy, grabbing her and pinning her once again to the sarcophagus.

*** *** ***

"I honestly can't feel my limbs. Or the rest of my body for that matter. Wow."

Spike smiled, running his fingers through Buffy's hair as she lay on his chest. "Yeah, 'wow' about sums it up."

"I knew I hadn't staked you yet for a reason." Buffy giggled.

"What, you let me live all this time so I could shag you for hours? Minx."

"Maybe. Wait…hours? It hasn't really been that long, has it?"

"Yeah. It was still light out when you got here, and the sun's been set for a while now."

"How do you know? Not like this place gets a huge amount of direct sunlight…"

"Vampire, luv. I know when the sun's down."

Buffy sat up. "Oh god. It didn't…time went by so quickly."

"Guess the old thing about it flying when you're having fun rings true after all. Something wrong?"

Buffy hopped off the sarcophagus, gathering up her clothes and redressing. "I was supposed to meet someone."

"Who? One of your little Scoobies?"

"Not exactly. I have to go."

Spike got down and went after her, grabbing her arm. "Who?"

Buffy looked up at him, her eyes wide. "Riley," she admitted.

"No."

"What?"

"You're not going to meet that git. Not after what we just did."

"Spike, this was just a lingering effect of the Mauruk, okay? It's out of my system now."

"So what, we just go back to being enemies?"

Buffy pulled her arm away from him. "Yes."

Spike's expression softened in a way she'd never seen if do before, and for a second Buffy wondered if he was going to cry. "Buffy, I can't do that…"

"Look, I don't know what you thought was happening here, but it was just sex. Good sex, yes, but just sex. And technically, seeing as you're a soulless vampire, and I'm the Slayer, it was very, very wrong. It can't ever happen again."

"Fine, you bloody little bitch," Spike snapped, making Buffy take a step back. "Go snog the soldier boy. Tell yourself it's the 'right' thing to do. But don't you dare come back to me again when you have an itch he can't scratch."

"Oh believe me, Spike, I won't."

Buffy stormed out of his crypt, slamming the door behind her.

*** *** ***

"Willow, did Riley by any chance…" Buffy stopped when she saw who was sitting on her bed. "Come by the dorm and stay?"

"Buffy!" Riley exclaimed. "I was getting worried! You didn't show up for our date, and then Willow said you hadn't been by the dorm all afternoon."

"We were about to organize a search party," Willow said with a little smile.

"Well, I'm all in one piece. No search party required."

"Did you get into something rough with a vamp?" Riley asked.

Buffy's eyes bulged. "Huh?"

"You, um, have a few cuts and bruises. I thought maybe…"

"Yeah, it was a vampire," Buffy said. "Did get sort of rough there for a bit…"

"Glad to see you came out on top," Riley said.

"What!?"

"You…you won the fight. Staked it."

"Right…came out on top as in won. Got it. Yeah, I did that, uh huh."

"Buffy, are you all right?" Willow asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just tired."

"Of course you are, after your night," Riley said, pushing a strand of hair behind Buffy's ear. "Want to take a rain check on our date?"

"You don't mind?"

"No, it's fine," Riley said. "It's getting late anyway." He kissed her forehead. "You get some sleep, and I'll call you tomorrow."

"All right. Thank you for being so understanding."

"No problem. Good night, Buffy."

"Good night, Riley."

As soon as Riley left the room, Buffy flopped back on the bed. "Willow, I'm a horrible person."

"For canceling a date with Riley because of a vampire?"

"Yes."

"But Buffy, Riley knows that you're the Slayer…"

"You don't understand. The vampire I was with tonight—it was Spike."

"You staked Spike!? Did the chip stop working?"

"No, the chip works fine. And I didn't stake him."

"Then what…oh." Willow's eyes grew wide as full recognition sunk in. "Oh!"

"It must be something left over from the Mauruk bite. Maybe Mauruks make their, um, mates want them a few more times, to, you know, make sure everything worked out all right…"

"Giles read everything he could about them, Buffy, and he said that you should be completely cured now."

"No! I can't be! Otherwise, why would I let him do those things to me? I couldn't stop, Will. I knew I should stop, knew it was wrong, but…but I just kept going. Over, and over, and over again."

"Over and…wow."

"Don't say anything to anyone else about this," Buffy said. "Xander and Giles would freak, and Riley… Oh god, I don't even want to think about how this could mess things up with him."

"Don't worry, Buffy. My lips are sealed. But if this Mauruk mojo is still affecting you, then don't you think you should talk to Giles about it? Maybe he can figure out some sort of antidote that doesn't involve romps with the undead."

"No! Look, I was fine until I saw Spike. It must just be affecting me with him, because he was the one to, um, take care of the problem. If I can stay away from him, it'll be fine. And how hard can staying away from Spike be? I mean, it's Spike. I hate him." Buffy sat up, a look of determination on her face. "It'll be simple. All I have to do is stay away from Spike."

*** *** ***

"Spike! Yes! There!"

Spike looked up from his vantage point between the Slayer's legs. He knew if he had any pride at all, he would've thrown her out on her pretentious arse the second she came on to him again. But, he rationalized, that wouldn't be nearly as much fun as this.

Buffy looked down, her eyes wild. "Why…why did you stop? Keep going!"

"If the lady insists," Spike said with a smirk, taking the sensitive nub into his mouth and sucking hard. Buffy screamed, pulling at his hair and bucking her hips. Spike continued his actions until Buffy's body stopped trembling, and she began to push him away.

"I can't…stop…it's enough."

Spike crawled up her body, reminding Buffy of a jungle cat. He kissed and nipped his way up the side of her neck before reaching her ear. "Gonna let me in again, Slayer?" he asked, his voice rough with desire.

Buffy said nothing, but her legs fell open. Spike took hold of her hands, holding them tightly as he slid inside her.

*** *** ***

"Guess now you know what it takes to pry apart the Slayer's dimpled knees…"

Spike groaned. "Did I actually say that?"

"Yes, you actually did."

"I was, um, mad with power. The ring."

"Riiight. You're just lame."

"If I wasn't completely shagged out, I'd have a witty comeback for that."

Buffy chuckled, then winced slightly. "You seriously need a bed in here. This sarcophagus is murder on the back."

"I thought you said earlier that this is the last time you're ever doing this."

"It is. I just, um, meant for you. On second thought, keep the sarcophagus. I totally don't care about your comfort level."

"You know, Slayer, we don't have to stop this," Spike said, tracing patterns on her bare abdomen. "I mean, it's a lot more enjoyable than trying to kill each other—though that had its perks, too. And it's not like you haven't gotten involved with a vampire before…"

"Angel was completely different. He had a soul. You're just…a monster."

"So, what, you're just going to go back to Captain Cardboard? Come on, Slayer. You and I both know that he's not enough to satisfy you. He's…boring."

"Riley is plenty interesting."

"Oh, yeah, I'm sure he's good for hours of stimulating conversation."

"Like we've ever had a conversation."

"We're having one right now."

"This isn't a conversation. It's an argument."

"Well, it's gonna be if you keep being so…argumentative."

"Ugh. I have no idea why I came back here with you tonight."

"Cause you ran into me in the cemetery and couldn't keep your hands off me."

Buffy frowned. "Oh yeah. What were you doing there anyway?"

"Um, I live here. So to speak. Why were you patrolling my cemetery?"

"The others were dead." Buffy winced. "No pun intended."

"Sure you didn't just want to see me, Slayer?"

"I never want to see you, Spike."

"But you want to feel me, don't you, pet? Want to feel me all over you…inside of you."

Buffy sat up. "Stop it."

Spike's fingers ghosted up and down her back. "So it's 'stop' now. Earlier you were begging me to never do that. Ever."

Buffy turned, slapping him. "Don't touch me. Don't ever touch me again." She moved away from him, dressing quickly.

"And she's off," Spike muttered, continuing to lounge on the sarcophagus. "You know, this is starting to get a bit redundant."

"Well, I'm putting an end to that, because I'm never coming near you again. And if I see you, I'll stake you. Got it?"

Spike grabbed his duster off the ground, pulling out a pack of cigarettes and lighting one. He took a drag. "Whatever, Slayer. Go play nice with your boy. See if I care. Riley. What kind of poofter name is that anyway?"

Buffy ignored him. When she'd finished dressing, she turned to him again, brandishing a stake. "You just stay the hell away from me, Spike. Whatever's going on here, it isn't what I want. It's just something that demon did to me, and I'm not letting you take advantage of me anymore."

"Take advantage? You were beggin' me to…"

Buffy threw the stake. Spike caught it, centimeters away from his chest. "Hey. Watch it with the pointy sticks."

Buffy only glared at him before walking out again. Spike threw the stake to the ground and finished his cigarette.

*** *** ***

Reviews…the best way to let me know if you like it and want more! Leave one today!