Chapter 2
Saturday Buffy woke up to her alarm. She unplugged it and tossed it into a corner before rolling over onto her back. Buffy looked over at Spike who was lying next to her, his face in the crook of her neck. She grinned and stretched, then moved to get up. Spike instinctively tightened his arm around her.

“Spike.”, Buffy said, poking him on the arm.

When he didn’t move, she nudged him with her elbow. That time he opened his eyes and grinned at her.

“We have to get up.” Buffy said, sitting up.

“No we don’t.”, he said, wagging his eyebrows at her.

Buffy giggled as Spike sat up and started placing light kisses on her back, moving toward her neck.

“We have to start loading the car.” Buffy said, sighing and leaning back against Spike.

“It can wait, oh, about an hour.”, he told her, snaking his hands around her to her breasts.

Buffy smacked his hand before he got any further.

“No it can’t you big hornball!”, she giggled, before running out the door, leaving it open a crack.

Spike sighed and ran his hands through his hair.

“Just wait ‘til we’re at the house tonight!”, he yelled.

“What’s happening at the house tonight?”

Spike jumped and clutched the bedsheet to his waist.

“Joyce. I didn’t know you were back. Um, I spilled something on my pants and Buffy went to clean them.”, he told her, inwardly rolling his eyes at his lame excuse.

Joyce stood in the doorway, arms folded.

“I came back to see my daughters move out.”, she said, then added with a grin, “What about your shirt?”

“I, um...” Spike started, looking around anxiously.

“How about I leave so you can get dressed.” Joyce said, walking out and shutting the door behind her.

“Bloody hell.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Buffy stood in the bathroom wrapped in a towel. She brushed her teeth and stared at her reflection in the mirror. She closed her eyes to fight back the wave of nausea.

‘It’s just a bug. Nothing serious. Just a bug. It’ll go away.’

She sighed and walked back to her bedroom where Spike was sitting, fully clothed, on her bed.

“You alright, luv?”

“Me? Oh yeah, I’m fine. Just nervous is all.”, she said, pulling on an old pair of jeans and a Sex Pistols tank top.

“Your mum walked in on me.” Spike told her.

“So?” Buffy commented from her position in front of the mirror.

“I was sitting on your bed naked.” Spike added.

“Oh. Well, she knows that we…you know.” Buffy said, turning around to look at Spike.

“Since when?” Spike asked, offended that he didn’t know that Joyce knew.

“Since the first time.”, Buffy said, wincing at Spike’s look. “I had to get pills somehow. Besides, I didn’t think you really cared if she knew.”

Spike shrugged.

“Well, you could’ve at least mentioned it. Save me the embarrassment.”, he said, pouting.

Buffy smiled and walked over to him and sat in his lap.

“Aww. Poor baby. My mommy saw you nakie.”, she said, mimicking a child.

“Oh yeah. See how you like if my dad were to walk in on you.” Spike grumbled.

“That’s never going to happen.” Buffy said.

“Why’s that?”

“Cos we’re going to have our own bedroom from now on.” Buffy said, grinning coyly.

“That’s right, luv.” Spike answered, before capturing her lips with his.

The door opened and a voice yelled, “Drain bamage!”

Buffy pulled back from Spike.

“Jesse?”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

By eleven o’clock the convoy had arrived at the house, vehicles loaded with their boxes and furniture. Everyone was able to park in the driveway. They got out and greeted each other.

“Willow!” Buffy yelled, running to hug her friend.

“Hey Buffy!” Willow yelled.

“You guys are here early.” Anya said.

“Yeah. We got in early last night. We didn’t want to call too late.” Willow said.

“Well, that’s good because Xander and I were too busy having sex. And I think Buffy and Spike were too.” Anya said.

Spike coughed, while Buffy chose to ignore it.

“So! Whose stuff is going in first?” Xander said loudly.

Another car pulled into the driveway and Angel and Darla got out.

“Hey guys!” Willow yelled, waving.

Spike and Oz nodded their hellos, while the girls gathered around Darla and the baby.

“How’s life, papa?” Xander asked.

Angel grinned.

“Pretty damn good.”

Then the guys were quiet until the girls came back over.

“So, whose stuff first?” Buffy asked.

“Oh, I already have a hat with bedroom numbers.” Fred said, holding up an old hat with folded cards in it.

“So, we draw names?” Spike asked.

“Interesting.” Oz commented.

“Kinda.” Fred said, “I wrote out the couples’ names on each piece of paper. There’s one for me and Jesse, one for Anya and Xander, and so on.”

Everyone nodded.

“Can I pick?” Xander asked.

“No. I wanna pick.” Jesse argued.

“How about you guys alternate?” Spike said, rolling his eyes.

Jesse shrugged.

“But someone still has to pick first.”

“I’ll pick first or we’ll never move in.” Anya grumbled, reaching into the hat and pulling out a slip of paper. “Darla and Angel.”, she read.

“Ok. Let’s get started.” Xander said.

“Oh, you guys, I hope you don’t mind if I sit out on the moving in.” Darla said.

The others nodded.

“We understand.” Willow said, grinning.

“Well, I was going to go to the grocery store and pick up some things. If you guys want me to get you anything, I will.” Darla offered.

Five minutes later, with a long list, Darla left and the gang started moving in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Darla returned a while later to find everyone sitting in the living room, exhausted.

“Are you done already? I was only gone about and hour and a half.” Darla said.

“Oh, we just moved in. We haven’t begun the long, tedious process of unpacking.” Willow said.

Darla nodded and sat down next to Angel just as the doorbell rang. Joyce walked in carrying a few trays and bread.

“Hello everyone.”

Various greetings rang out around the room as Joyce set her trays on the coffee table.

“Well, I thought I’d bring you guys lunch. I hope your hungry.”

“Starved.” Xander said, reaching for the trays.

After everyone had settled down with their lunch, they began to talk about the upcoming week.

“So, are you all excited?” Joyce asked, from her seat where she was holding James.

“Ecstatic.” Oz said, monotone, causing the others to grin.

“I’m looking forward to the wealth of knowledge. It’s gonna be awesome.” Willow said.

“Wealth of knowledge?” Buffy asked.

“Yeah. It’s just, in high school, knowledge was pretty much frowned upon. You really had to work to learn anything. But here, the energy, the collective intelligence, it’s like this penetrating force. I can feel my mind just opening up, you know, letting the place just thrust into it and spurt knowledge into…” Willow paused in her speech at the looks the others were giving her. “That sentence ended up in a different place than it started out in.”, she finished, blushing furiously.

The others giggled and Joyce shook her head, amused.

“When are the others moving in? Weren’t there two more?” Joyce asked.

“I think they were supposed to come in tomorrow, but we’re not really sure.” Fred told her.

Joyce nodded and stood up, handing James to Darla.

“Well, I’ve gotta run. If you guys need anything, let me know, ok?”

The others nodded, and Buffy, Anya, and Fred went to hug her.

“Girls, I’m right around the corner.” Joyce said, laughing.

“Thank you for doing so much for me.” Fred said.

“Fred, you know you’re one of my girls now too.” Joyce said, hugging her again.

“Well, I’m going to miss you scolding me for being out too late or not cleaning my room.” Anya said.

“I can’t believe you just said that.” Buffy said.

Joyce laughed as she walked out the door. The girls stood in the doorway and waved as Joyce left. They walked back inside where the others were getting up.

“We’re gonna start unpacking.” Jesse said.

“Are we gonna meet for dinner?” Xander asked, yawning.

“Sounds good to me.” Spike said, still stretched out on the sofa.

Buffy stood in the doorway listening to conversation about dinner options. She felt a sudden wave of nausea and closed her eyes, leaning against the doorframe. When she opened them again, the gang was gone and Spike was looking at her from the sofa.

“You don’t look so hot, pet.”

Buffy forced a smile.

“I’m fine.”

Buffy walked over to Spike and sat down, cuddling up against him. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her as close as possible.

“Where’d the others go?” Buffy asked.

“Upstairs to start unpacking. Weren’t you listening?” Spike asked.

Buffy giggled.

“Guess not.”

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment.

“What about us?” Buffy asked.

“Huh?” Spike asked, confused.

“When are we gonna start unpacking?”

“Now, I guess. Or whenever. Preferably never.” Spike said.

“We can’t keep our stuff in boxes forever.” Buffy said, giggling.

“Like I said before, luv, we can just go naked.”

“To class?”

“Bloody hell, no. Just around the house. We can wear our pajamas to class. Or maybe I’ll wear one of those silk robes, like Hugh Hefner.” Spike said, looking dead serious.

Buffy laughed, and stood up, pulling Spike up with her. They headed for the stairs.

“Then if you dress like Hugh Hefner, then I have to wear very naughty lingerie.” Buffy said.

At Spike’s look, Buffy giggled. Spike smirked and grabbed her waist pulling her back to him. He rubbed himself against her causing her to gasp.

“That’s for the bedroom only, kitten.”, he whispered in her ear.

Just as Buffy was about to grab Spike and run upstairs, the doorbell rang. Both groaned, and Buffy pulled away from Spike to answer the door. When she opened the door, two women stood there grinning.

“Hello. We’re your new housemates.”