Chapter 10-

Spike didn’t even turn back, although he desperately wanted to. He wanted to run back to her, scoop her up in his arms, and make mad passionate love to her all night long.

“I thought I could handle it, boy I was I bloody wrong.” He sighed as made his way through the brush. “I don’t think I’ve ever been so damn confused.” He had to get a way from her for awhile. Let it all sink in before he’d go back to her.

Something told me that I’ll always go back to her no matter what.

As he was holding his journal close to his heart, he realized it was the only possession that he’d kept with him throughout his whole life as a vampire. He never went anywhere without it. Dru never really cared for his poetry. Angelus teased him about it relentlessly. Even stole it from him one day, reading it front of everyone. Darla didn’t care one way or another.

William learned the hard way, way too often, and he wrote when he was alone, away from the vampires he’d come to call family.

When Spike hit the beach, it had started raining.

“Great!” He muttered under his breath, hurrying over to the shelter.

The sky was in hues of blues and purples. It was as if the sky knew just how Spike had felt.

He sat under the shelter to stay out of the rain.

Everything had changed in such a short time.

Spike had so many questions running through his mind that he didn’t have the answers to. He sighed, looking out over the ocean. The answers would come to he know that much.

He laid back, closed his eyes, and remembered the kiss he’d given her before he left. She was so tender with him, believed in him, and treated him like a man. No other person has ever treated him that way. How could he ever let something like that go?

Spike had drifted off to sleep, thinking about Buffy.

****
Buffy stood in the entrance hugging her self, waiting for Spike’s return, however, he never returned. I fell totally alone, she thought as she turned to back inside the cave. It was still light enough outside to where she could see inside the cave.

It wasn’t that she couldn’t take care of herself; she was the slayer after all. It was the fact that he left her after she poured her heart and soul out to him and then he left, just like ever other man in her life.

Then she came to the realization, “I’m so totally being selfish about this.” She sighed, but it still hurt to be left alone.

“Look on the bright side, I was honest with him, I told him the truth.” She was finally glad to get that off her chest. Finally able to make piece with the situation. It took a lot to apologize to him, but the weight had been lifted off her shoulders.

If Spike came back, Buffy was going to make it right with him. She had to. If not for herself then for the Spike that he was going to become.

Buffy reminisced about her past with Spike. The good and the bad, the highs and the lows, it was theirs and nothing or no one was ever going to change that. Not even that damn demon.

“This is a second chance for us, and I’m not going to jeopardize it.” She slid on Spike’s duster and lay down on the ground. “This second chance has to work with you Spike, so please come back to me. I don’t want to lose you. I want us to be together no matter what.”

She closed her eyes, and fell fast asleep, dreaming about things to come.

*******
Spike had been dreaming about Buffy. She was waiting for him back at the cave. He heard her calling out to him. She was saying, “This second chance has to work with you Spike, so please come back to me. I don’t want to lose you. I want us to be together no matter what.”

It was as if he was having an out of body experience as he watched her speaking. Then he saw himself enter into the cave. He stood there for the longest moment before going to Buffy.

“Buffy, love, wake up.” He shook her slightly. “Kitten, wake up for Spike.”

As he watched from above, he could feel the love surrounding him. It almost made him wanna cry, but how could he, when he didn’t have a soul?? How could he have these feelings he was having?? He didn’t understand any of it.

When she turned over in his dream, Spike had woken up.

“Whoa!” Spike sat up abruptly. “What the bloody hell?? That felt so damn real.”

He sat there, looking around for the longest time piecing everything together.

It hit him in that moment. The things that happened, or will happen, were meant to be. Spike wasn’t going to let that slip through his fingers. Buffy was right, what she said in her dream, ‘It only worked if he was going to be there.’

The rain had stopped in the middle of the night, but with the sun rising, it was sure to be a beautiful day.

Today was a brand new day. He watched as the sun rose up over the horizon. It was the brightest yellow he’d seen since ever. The sky was the bluest he’d seen. It was the most beautiful site he’d ever seen, but not as beautiful as the woman waiting for him in that cave.

A second later, Spike rose to his feet, and headed back to Buffy. “Things happen for a reason.” He shrugged.

********
Spike stopped in the entrance, watching Buffy much like he had done in his dream. An eerie feeling rose over him and he realized this was just how his dream began.

“Heh, this is way too bizarre.”

Spike made his way over to Buffy and made her a silent promise; he was never going to leave her, not in any life. Kneeling down in front of her, Spike gently caressed her cheek.

“Buffy, love, wake up.” He shook her slightly. “Kitten, wake up for Spike.”

Buffy’s eyes fluttered open slowly until Spike came into view.

She smiled up at him with love in her eyes. “You’re really here?”

“Yes, pet, I’m here.” He smiled back at her.

She quickly sat up.

“I’m glad that you came back.” She gave him a peck on the lips.

Spike cupped her face with in his hands, and said, “So am I.”

For the longest moment, Spike and Buffy looked into each others eyes. Spike broke the bond by speaking. He his arms fell to his side and Buffy almost moaned at the loss of contact.

“Before coming to you, I had this dream where I saw all of this. It was quite biz…” Rolling her eyes, Buffy said in a mock serious tone, “Shut up and kiss me, Spike!”

Drawing her close to his body, Spike did as he was told and kissed her. She instinctively wrapped her arms around his neck. It was the most intoxicating kiss he’d ever given her and she gave back as good as he was giving it to her.

Their tongues dueled for dominance, but soon it didn’t matter when Buffy’s need for air became an issue and they broke apart, only to moan at the loss of sensation.

“Make love to me, Spike!” Buffy panted lust evident in her eyes. “Let’s do this slowly, ok?”

It had been a long time since a woman had asked him to make love, and he was taken aback. The women he knew wanted it rough and fast, no feelings what so ever.

When Spike didn’t respond right away, Buffy began to get nervous and he quickly sensed it. He replied by kissing her once again. It was the sweetest most sensual kiss he could ever give. Spike could definitely get used to this, he thought as he laid Buffy to the ground, still kissing her.

TBC