Chapter 4-

As Spike slept, some one appeared out of a time ripple and stood in front Spike’s sleeping form. He was so quite, the vampire hadn’t even heard him.

As the demon sneered, he grabbed a stake from the back of pants and with one swift motion, stabbed it through Spike’s heart. The vampire opened his eyes and before he had a chance to scream, he was dust.

On the other side of Sunnydale, Buffy woke up screaming. In her dream she saw Spike die. Her mother knocked on the door.

“Buffy, dear, are you ok?” Joyce asked opening the door.

Before Buffy had a chance to say anything, the room began spinning around her and she was back at her house with Willow.

Everything that had happened with Spike never happened. Spike and Buffy never got together. Dawn had died at the hands of Glory. Angel had saved the world in the battle with the first, however, Xander, Anya, Giles, Faith, and many of the slayers in training had lost their lives. With only Willow, Andrew and Buffy left, they had reformed the council.

“Oh my god!” Buffy said, tears springing to her eyes. “Spike’s dead. I saw it in my dream. I lost him all over again, and I couldn’t do a damn thing about it!”

“Buffy calm down!” Willow said, soothingly.

“Where’s Xander?” Buffy asked, looking around for Dawn, Buffy began to panic. “Where’s Dawn?”

“She’s…she’s dead.”

“What?”

“Glory murdered her.”

“No!” Buffy said, sobbing.

“I’m afraid so.” Willow said, hugging her. “I am sorry.”

“Where’s Xander?”
“He’s dead,” said Willow, sadly and then continued to explain what happened over the years.

“Oh god no, I screwed up,” Buffy said, not realizing she could go back to change it. She wiped away her tears and asked, “How can we make this right?”

“You go back into time again, only you do things differently!”

Understanding, Buffy hugged Willow. “Let’s do it!” Buffy said, taking a deep breath. “I’m gonna make this right,” Buffy said, determined.

Repeating the spell once again, Willow sent Buffy back into time. The slayer was back in 1998. Instead of waiting around, Buffy grabbed clip and put her hair up and grabbed a couple of stakes and out of her bag hanging on the door. She then walked over to the window, opening it up and climbing out of it. She jumped down off the roof, and went in search of Spike.

Her spidey senses led her to the warehouse district. Buffy hurried inside the building she thought Spike might be in, and she instantly knew that Angel was there. Immediately she thought the worst, and it made her even more determined to get to Spike in a hurry. Once she walked in, she saw someone hovering over Spike.

“Get away from him!” She pulled her stake out.

Angel stood in the shadows watching Buffy and wondering why she would be helping Spike.

The vampire turned around.

“Slayer,” he seethed.

“I’m no in the mood for pleasantries,” she snapped.

The slayer had readied her self for a fight.

“Why don’t we just end this?” He said, running towards her.

Slayer and vampire shared a few bunches and blocks before Buffy got tired and staked him without warning. It always felt good to slay something when she was frustrated.

A few moments later, Angel stepped out of the shadows and Spike sat up in bed, watching and wondering why he hadn’t been staked yet.

“Buffy!”

“Angel,” she said in surprise as she turned around to see him. “What are you doing here?”

“Got a tip that Spike was in danger. Thought I’d help him out!”

“S’that so,” Spike rose to his feet, grabbing his whiskey, and took a swig. He stumbled a bit before speaking again. “I don’t need your sodden help.” He took another one. “Either of you!”

Buffy and Angel both turned back around and rolling their eyes. Spike always knew just how to push her buttons even after he got his soul back. That didn’t matter now. All she wanted was Spike. It was hard to just stand there next to Angel, but she so wanted to have Spike’s right then and there, even if Angel was standing there.

“Shut up, Spike,” Buffy said angrily, a few moments later, as she shook her head of the sexual thoughts slowly creeping up on her. If she wasn’t careful, both vamps would know.

“Bugger off!” He gestured with his hand and then took another sip of the bottle, staggering back once again.

At this point, she didn’t care who she come into contact with. Her priorities were about saving Spike right now

“Why didn’t you just stake his sorry ass?” Angel asked a few moments later. “He’s nothing but trouble.”

Sighing, Buffy replied, “You wouldn’t understand anyway. Besides, I can take care of myself.”

“I just don’t want anything bad to happen to you.”

“Hello, Slayer here. I think I can take care of myself! Now just leave!”

By now, Spike was enjoying the show before him. He pulled up a chair and began watching them more closely.

“I’m not leaving you with…him.”

Buffy was furiated with Angel.

“Look, Angel, please, just go. I’ll meet up with you later.”

Angel finally relented and left. Buffy was so relieved he was gone. She turned back around only to see Spike laughing.

“T’was a great show, slayer.” He tipped back in the chair.

In an instant, she was right next to him, and kicked the chair out from beneath him. He slammed his head on the concrete floor. She couldn’t stop laughing.

“Ow, bloody hell, slayer. What’d you do that for?” He brought a hand behind his head, checking for blood. Luckily there wasn’t anyway. “You’re lucky I’m incapacitated or I’d…” Buffy interrupted.

“Or you’ll do what? She giggled leaning down to help him up.

With the close proximity of him, her body began to react and instantly Spike smelled her arousal. She stepped away from him, and slipped on something, falling down. He started laughing at her until he saw what she was looking at.

“What’s this?” She asked, picking up a book.

“Don’t read that,” If Spike could blush, he would have.

Buffy opened it up, and began reading the first page.

‘I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you.’

“OH Spike, this is beautiful.” She said, looking up at him.

Spike tried grabbing it from her again, but she held it back from him and read the next page.

‘For, you see, each day I love you more, Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.’

Out of respect, she closed the book and handed back to Spike.

“I…I didn’t realize you still wrote.”

“Yeah, well…” Spike trailed off just as a demon jumped out of a portal.

Spike and Buffy stood up, ready for a fight.

“Well, well,” The demon grinned. “Now I can kill you both.”

“You sound sure of yourself,” Buffy said, sarcastically. “We shall see about that!”

TBC

A/N The first poem was written by Elizabeth Barrett Brown. The second poem was written by Rosemonde Gérard, "L'Éternelle Chanson". I found them at www.lovepoemsandquotes.com.

A/N2: I hope that I have cleared up the similarites. If there happens to be more that I don't know about, please let me know and I will do my best to correct it. I am sorry about the misunderstanding. I am making an effort to change what I can.