Chapter 5-

The demon decided not to kill the slayer or the vampire at that moment. He wanted to have fun with them. He opened up a portal with the wave of his hand, smirking as he did so. Both the slayer and the vampire looked at one another confused.

“That’s not good,” muttered Spike.

“Spike!” Buffy yelled.

“Ah, hell!”

Spike grabbed for Buffy’s hand pulling her close to him; however, the force of the portal was far greater than they both realized, and were sucked in. The demon laughed when he heard their screams, and when those screams diminished, he then disappeared.

While this was happening, history was changed. Joyce never married Hank Summers; therefore, Buffy was never born and Joyce never had a reason to move to Sunnydale. The hellmouth was as active as ever. The town was over run with vampires and demons. Most of the people living in the town had been run out. The few remaining chose to stay to protect what was theirs.

Xander and Cordelia were both vampires. Oz a few other students stayed behind to help reduce the population of demons and vampires. Angel never got to meet Buffy and lived on the streets, stealing his food or eating rats whenever he could find them. He never got to meet up with Doyle and Wesley never had a reason to show up to Sunnydale. Giles stayed in England and worked at watchers council. And poor Faith, she was murdered by her watcher in the most horrible way. Spike and Drusilla mostly stayed in England, but traveled around the world, never staying in one place very long. Darla gallivanted around the world, killing as many humans as she could. Angel and Darla never had a chance to be together and Connor was never born.

The world was not the safest place to live now that Buffy was technically never born. Without her, the world was in chaos. The end of the world was approaching fast and no one could stop it.

***
After Willow had given the spell to Xander, she cast a spell of her own, a spell to protect her and keep her between the timelines.

****

The portal opened up, dropping Buffy on rock, and the force had knocked her out cold. Blood spilled from the back of her head, and her breathing was shallow, but was alive… just barely.

Spike was spit out a few moments later. He hit a coconut tree down twenty or so yards away from Buffy and he hadn’t realize she was hurt.

“Ow, bloody hell,” Spike said, sitting up dazed. A few moments later a coconut landed on his hell. “God damn it!” He rubbed his head.

For the most part, he was ok, other than a headache forming at the base of his skull. Rising to his feet, Spike began walking towards the ocean, and stopped short of the shady part in the sand, looking amused the demon stuck him on a deserted island.

Shaking his head, he said, “This is ironic,” and laughed.

As he turned to head back to the shade, he noticed the sunlight on his left hand and to his surprise, he wasn’t burning up. Tempting fate, Spike stepped out into the sunlight. He stood in place, not moving an inch as he looked around.

“A bloke could get used to this,” He grinned.

A familiar odor wafted through his nostrils, and instantly his demon came forth. He sniffed around for the source, Spike noticed Buffy lying helpless against a rock. She was down the beach a little ways from where he landed.

A big grin formed on his face as he shook his head.

“This is just too easy.”

The vampire headed towards Buffy like she was his pray. As he stopped just above her, he fell to his knees, and sniffed the blood, savoring it as if it was his last meal. He rolled her lifeless body towards him to inspect the head wound and determined it wouldn’t be long before death.

Grinning, Spike set her back down, and situated her head to feast on her. He could hear her heart and the blood pumping with in her. The heart was beating in a faint rhythm as his demon came forth; he leaned forward and bit her. As he was drinking from the slayer, Spike could feel the affects instantly and it made him giddy with delight, but he stopped himself and pulled away from her.

“Ah, shit,” he muttered as he looked at her lifeless body. He realized he needed her just as much as she needed him, if they were going to get off this island. “This isn’t right,” he mumbled.

Spike could stay there as long as he wanted, but where was the fun in that?? He enjoyed the world as it was, and he didn’t want to let that go, not yet anyway. Looking down at her wound, Spike leaned in once again but this time, he licked the wound clean, it was slowly started to scab over. He then slid his duster off and placed it over her, and then pulled his black shirt off, tore it into shreds and tied a piece off on her head wound. Hopefully it would be long enough to stop bleeding and her slayer healing to kick in.

“Be right back, slayer.”

Spike headed into the jungle to find her nourishment. He came back a little while later with bananas, coconuts for the milk, and few other types of fruits he couldn’t identify. He kneeled down next to her and set the fruit down. He picked up a coconut and broke it open on the rock. He set one piece down on the sand, careful not to dump it over, and lifted her head softly as he brought other piece to her mouth, pouring it a little at a time.

“That’s it, take it all down,” he said softly. “Drink it all up, love.”

Spike was so gentle with her that he didn’t understand why. He kept telling himself they needed each other to get off this bloody island and back to good old Sunny hell. No, it was more than that. He actually start to like her. Like sparing with her, whenever they did get the chance.

When Buffy was finished with that piece of coconut, he tossed the shell aside and picked up the other one, repeating the same process. After she was finished, he let her rest.

Spike’s instincts took over and he went in search of something to build a shelter for Buffy, and returned a short while later with the materials he needed. He used large branches and tied those up with vines and when he completed the frame, he used large leaves from the trees nearby, giving her even more shelter, and enough room for him to lie near her, to protect her if need be. Making the best of it for the time they were going to be there.

****
Back in the present, Willow began to get antsy, and tried every spell she could think of to get Buffy back, but it was no use. She summoned the demon behind it, and was surprised when he came.

“Where are they?” She asked rather coldly.

The demon grinned, but did not say anything.

“Where are there?” She asked once again, producing electricity from her hands, but the demon laughed. “Damn it. Tell me where they are.” She shouted, and the earth began to rumble, knocking the demon back on his ass.

“All right. All right,” he said, looking up at her. Willow’s hair and eyes turned white.

”Let’s try this again, shall way.”

Her hair and eye colors returned.

“Where are they?”

“A place in time where no one can find them,” he said, slowly rising to his feet, grinning. “Only I can bring them back.” He chuckled before disappearing.

“Damn it,” she said frustrated. “If only there was another way.”

****
Spike stepped back, looking over the shelter. It swayed to the left, but it was sturdy and reliable, which was what Buffy needed now to heal. As he stood there, he realized he was feeling a bit puckish. He closed his eyes, sniffing for his prey and quickly spotted an animal running down the beach.

The demon emerged within Spike and he ran after it, caught with his left arm. As he came to a halt, he bit into the poor animal, draining it dry. Satisfied, he headed back to Buffy. It looked as if she’d kicked off the duster, which meant she was started to regain her strength. Smiling, he bent over, pulling the duster up to her neck.

Something was sticking out underneath Buffy, and a curious Spike picked it up, realizing it was his journal. Thumbing through the pages, he found another poem he’d written. He quickly closed it. Too many thoughts and feelings had run through his head.

“Another time and another place…” he said, setting it aside and lying next to Buffy.

He shut his eyes and fell asleep.