Disclaimer: I own nothing.


Living Fast

Buffy Summers wiped her nose, getting off the white residue with a giggle. Ahh, much better. She turned around to engage in a sloppy, drunken, drug induced kiss with her boyfriend Spike Giles. This was the life for sure. It may have been on of the world’s biggest cliché but the life of sex, drugs and rock ‘n’ roll was the IT life.
Buffy pulled away with a groan of protest from Spike, “Have you seen Ruby tonight?”
Spike groaned, “Can we not talk about my bloody step-sister during foreplay luv?”
Buffy giggled and smacked him playfully on the chest. The buzz of the cocaine on full force, “I’m sorry baby but I haven’t seen her all night. Besides she said she wanted me to be there for something that I can't tell you bout.”
Spike sighed and realized her from his hold, “Go find Ruby. I’ll be waiting for you kitten.” He wagged his eyebrows subjectively making her giggle once more and wink at him, “You better be buster.”
She got up and started around the party, grabbing drinks and greeting people that she supposedly knew. She didn’t remember a lot of the nights spent at parties like these. Yeah this life was good. she was never gonna give this up. what other way was there to live?
“Hey Suki?” Buffy asked, excepting a shot of some kind of bright pink liquid from the short Asian girl, “Have you seen Ruby lately?”
Suki nodded, “Seen her go in Jill’s room like not even a half hour ago.”
Buffy nodded back in thanks and turned to leave, “Thanks Suks.”
She stopped Buffy to add, “No problem and tell Spike that Nate’s back in business. I know how depressed he got when he when he stopped dealing.”
Buffy nodded, “I will and tell Nate I love him so much.”
Suki laughed and raised a drink in Buffy’s direction, “We all do.”
Buffy reached Jill’s room and pushed the door open. Her world stopped.

Dieing Pretty

There in the corner was a paler than usual Ruby. She was completely limp. Buffy rushed over to her side and gave her a sharp shake, “Ruby!”
No response. She tried again, “RUBY WAKE UP!”
It was no use. Fat tears ran down Buffy’s cheeks like rivers. She was still shaking Ruby, sobbing out her name, “Please Ruby, please! You have to wake up god damn you!”
Nothing was working.
Buffy let go of Ruby’s shoulder and let her hand drift to her wrist. She held two fingers to Ruby’s pulse point. Nothing. Her best friend was dead.