“We need to talk,” Willow stated as they walked home.
They’d skipped out early. Buffy couldn’t have made it the rest of the day. The emotional pain that was running through her body had to hurt as much as getting stabbed.
“I know,” Buffy said quietly, her eyes fixed on the ground, “You won't like it though. It’s not a pretty tale Wills.”
Willow looked at Buffy and sighed, “Buffy you're my best friend. I’m going to love you no matter what. No matter how dark your past is.”
Buffy looked up at Willow and let out a sarcastic little sigh, “You have no idea.”
“Then tell me,” Willow insisted as they reached Willow’s house, “So I can know. I want to be able to help you.”
Buffy looked up her with the saddest eyes Willow had ever seen and nodded, “I gave you a fair warning.”
Willow nodded as she let them in the house. With that, they headed up to Willow’s bedroom so Buffy could tell her best friend of the darkest days of her life.

**********************************************************

Willow stared wide eyed at Buffy as she told her about all the drugs and sex and alcohol. The most important part of the tale being of the drugs and one certain bleach blonde ex-boyfriend.
“Do you love him?” Willow asked suddenly.
Buffy’s head shot up and she blinked before answering truthfully, “More than anything.”
“Then why are you with Riley?” Willow prompted on.
“Because,” Buffy sighed, deciding she’d been truthful during the whole story so she might as well keep being truthful, “He’s my safety net. He loves me and he’ll never hurt me like Spike did. He’s just…dependable, safe old Riley.”
“That’s unfair,” Willow sighed, “But I get it. I know if what had happened to you had happened to me I’d find someone safe.” She paused before continuing on, “You really should let him go Buffy before you're the one that ends up hurting him.”
Buffy hung her head, “I know Wills but I’m not ready. Can’t I hold on just a little longer?” The last part had came out a plead.
Willow looked at her friend deeply, “Are we still talking about Riley?”
“No,” she admitted quietly, “No we’re not.”
“Then what are we?” Willow raised an eyebrow.
Buffy sighed, “We’re talking about this whole life. He’s gonna turn my life upside down. Will you help me hold on?”
Willow hugged Buffy tightly and nodded, “I won't let you let go.”
Fresh tears ran down both girls faces.

**********************************************************

Spike sighed heavily as he stood at the pay phone while it rang. Where the fuck was he?
“Hello?” Nate picked up the phone.
“Hey mate,” Spike said, “It’s Spike. I need a favor.”
“Anything man,” Nate replied, “What’s up?”
“Don’t you own an apartment in Sunnydale?” Spike asked, “I need somewhere to crash for…for a while.”
“Well yeah,” Nate said, curious, “But why the fuck are you in Sunnydale?”
Spike sighed heavily, “I came to see my da cause I needed so cash and I...I ran into Buffy.”
Nate raised an eyebrow, “Oh yeah. How is she? I was insulted when she went and found herself a new dealer.”
Spike grimaced, “Uh, bloody hell, she didn’t. She checked herself in rehab and moved in with her mom here.”
Nate was intrigued, “Really now? Well when you get her started again, give her my new number.”
“I’m not going to get her started again you pillock,” Spike snapped, “I just want to be with her.”
Nate let out a chuckle, “Yeah right man. Get real. You're still as addicted as ever and she’s newly clean and you think being around her is gonna keep her that way? There’s no way in hell that that’s gonna happen.”
“Can I use your place or not?” Spike was getting irritated.
“Yeah, no problem,” Nate laughed.
Spike nodded in thanks, “Thanks mate. I’ll see you around.”
Nate nodded back into the phone, “Yup. Talk to you later dude.”

*********************************************************

Spike turned the key and let himself into Nate’s apartment. He didn’t really know what to expect. It was in a bloody rat whole of a building but he knew damn well that Nate was loaded.
The door opened and he stopped.
There he stood in a huge, tastefully decorated apartment with a huge stainless steel kitchen in the corner. The living room was done in black leather couches and white walls with several modern art pieces. There was a fully equipped entertainment center along the wall. Bloody hell. He’d have to thank Nate again.
He plopped down on a leather couch and threw his head back against the back of the sofa.
Buffy wasn’t going to take him back easily. She had herself a safe little life set up for herself and he knew she wasn’t going to give it up easily.
It was worth the fight. He bloody well loved the bitch more than anything.
He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly.
Everything would be fine.
He’d get her back and they’d live happily ever after.
In the meantime he’d just have to see what Nate had stashed here.
His high was almost gone and it felt like it was eating him away on the inside.

**********************************************************

AN: I’m soooo good. this is my 3rd update today. REVIEW! I’ve gonna several wonderful ones and I want to thank all that did review. I love you all!
Oh and yeah, if anyone has any suggestions on how to make this fic better or have any ideas that you want to see in this fic all you have to do is e-mail me or say it through a review. Thanks!