Author's Chapter Notes:
My god this chapter has been written for ages and I just haven't had the time to post it. But here it ois. I know it's short.
Co-written with Spikes Red Queen
Author: RedRosenberg and Spikes Red Queen
Title: Two’s Company
Rating: NC-17
Pairings: Willow/Angel(us), Buffy/Spike, Dawn/Gunn, Xander/ Illyria, Eve/Wesley
Warnings: Spoilers ATS Season 5 and Btvs 7
Disclaimer: I don’t own any of the characters.
Summary: When Angel loses his soul over in LA, The Scoobies head over to restore it not knowing Spike is also there!

Authors note: I’ve had this chapter written for quite a while and just never had the time to update so I say it’s well deserved. Also soz it’s so short. Hope you enjoy!

Part 4

Willow rushed upstairs to answer the phone as it rang. Just as she reached the top of the stairs she heard Buffy answer the phone.

“Hey” Buffy answered

“Hey Buf, I haven’t heard your voice in a while.” Buffy froze.

Willow realised who was on the other end of the phone and just stood there stock still.

“Angelus?” Buffy finally managed to get out. She just looked at Willow and hung up.

Willow walked over to her and gave her a hug. Buffy smiled and returned it.

“Before you even ask, yes I’m fine, Will I know we are supposed to be leaving for LA when Dawn gets back from school, but will you ring her whilst I finish packing her things. We are going now!”

Willow didn’t even think of arguing with her best friend she just went straight to the phone ready to go out.

An hour later Dawn, Buffy and Willow were on the highway heading straight for LA.

“Buffy?” Dawn spoke

“What?” Buffy snapped.

“Erm well I was just wondering if we were there yet?” Dawn smirked.

Willow looked into the back smiling but she knew that the joke wasn’t going to help anybody with their tension.

Dawn stared out the window wondering how they had gotten into this situation, sometimes she really wished Buffy wasn’t the slayer but instead her sister. She knew how awful it must be for Buffy but sometimes she couldn’t help being selfish, she just hoped that when she got to LA she would be able to hold herself together for everybody.

Willow sat thinking about Buffy. She figured maybe there would be a spell that would help her with the pain of having to deal with Angelus. She sat and stared out the window, watching the signs pass by occasionally. She just wished there was something she could do for her friend magick or no. If she could just say everything she wanted to she knew that Buffy would be ok, yet even though she knew Buffy would manage she still worried for her best friend.

Buffy wondered how she was driving because she couldn’t actually see the road in front of her. It was strange but she was almost thankful that she couldn’t see the world around her. It would make her breakdown so she closed it all out knowing that for at least the next week she had to have a heart of stone. If she let anybody in then Angelus could use that as a way to hurt her, I mean if seeing him wasn’t bad enough she knew that he would use her friends and family against her. Buffy turned forward gritted her teeth and tried to concentrate on the road. It wasn’t working all she could think about was what was going to happen. She didn’t know what to expect, even though she had been through a fight with Angelus before, she knew that the entire situation was different this time. She just couldn’t stop thinking about him and everything that was going to happen, so she gave up on trying to work out what was lying ahead.

Instead Buffy turned to Dawn and Willow put on her happiest face and tried to make conversation.

“So we all know what we are doing when we get there don’t we?” Buffy asked

“Yeah, you and Willow will do all the work and probably lock me in some cupboard so Angelus can’t hurt me!” Dawn moaned “Can’t I just help a little bit?”

Buffy was about to answer but Willow got there first.

“Dawn Buffy is going to be under enough stress without having to worry about you! Now do you want your sister dead?!” Willow asked

Dawn looked down ashamed

“No” she replied

Buffy smiled at Willow saying a silent thank you, Willow simply returned the smile.

They spent the rest of the journey in silence. A few hours passed before they finally arrived at Wolfram & Hart. Buffy was first to get out the car, followed by Dawn and Willow. Willow approached Buffy and gave her hand a squeeze letting Buffy know she wasn’t alone. Buffy looked at their hands then at Willow before giving a squeeze back. It was finally time. Buffy looked at Dawn then at Willow.

“Here we go.”

End of part 4 Tbc…