Author's Note: This is a story that is a crossover with the series Profiler. The focus of the story is Spuffy, but there is a fair amount of Jack/Samantha. Jack and Spike have a lot in common and I thought they would make great friends. Although mortal, Jack is very similar to Spike, a charming chain smoking killer who believes the woman he stalks belongs in the dark with him. And just like Spike has the sweet alter ego William, Jack has the goofy sweetie Ed as his alter ego. This should be understandable even if you've never seen Profiler. This takes place in Season 4 Buffy, just after "Out of My Mind" and in Season 3 of Profiler, sometime post "Otis, CA" Starts out PG-13 and progresses to NC-17. If anyone is interested in being my beta, I'm looking for someone, but in the mean time thank you for bearing with my mistakes. This is my first fanfiction I've ever written.






Obsessions
Chapter 1

On a cool fall evening, Sunnydale found itself host to two very dangerous men. One man was living and one man was dead or undead to be precise. Both living and unliving man were sinfully handsome, with a predatory air about them. Each man was obsessed with his own personal Golden Goddess that haunted his entire life during both waking and sleeping hours. On opposite ends of town the frustration was coming off in waves from both men, who were oblivious to one anothers very existence

"Damn," Jack muttered to himself carrying his special black leather back away from the service station. Everytime he flew to Atlanta to see his beloved Samantha he drove to a different city to catch his plane. He'd just returned to California after leaving his Sam an artfully displayed corpse with a red rose and a love note, but now he had to get back to Otis where he remained well hidden. Jack, known on the FBI most wanted list as Jack of All Trades was beyond careful; which was why after more than 7 years he continued to elude capture. He needed to remain free so he could continue courting his Samantha. He would be so glad when he finished got his pilot's license and could buy his own plane.

His white Cadillac refused to start in the airport parking lot. After being towed to the station, the mechanic looked over Jack's car. Jack barely contained his annoyance as the simple greasemonkey informed him it would be 48 hours before it was taken care of so he should grab a room at the motel across the way and make himself cozy. Briefly Jack toyed with killing the mechanic and helping himself to another vehicle, but he bought the Cadillac only 6 months ago and he didn't want to to get his custom tailored ivory suit ruined on it's maiden voyage. So instead he told the mechanic to take his luggage across the street, took his black bag and stormed off. The man at the gas station had been on the verge of telling Mr. Suit where he could shove his luggage but the cruel sneer Jack gave him froze him cold and he decided that this was one of those special Sunnydale situations no one ever talked about so he swallowed and grabbed the bags.

Walking aimlessly through the town, Jack tried to compose himself and let go of his irritation. A light shone in a florist shop and he smiled. Entering the shop as the heady scent of the flowers assailed him, he knew this was just what he needed. Choosing one long stem red rose that still had the thorns adorning it, he brought out his wallet, his breath catching momentarily as he caught sight of his Samantha's image within. Inhaling deeply Jack reveled in the feeling of closeness to his Samantha. The rose was quite nice, not as lovely as those he planted for his love and fertilized with the corpses of those who would harm her, but better than nothing. Was his beloved at the VCTF reviewing her files on him even now?

Lost in his thoughts, Jack wandered further through the little town. His reverie was abruptly broken by a feminine laugh. Looking up from his flower he noticed a girl that looked much like his Samantha though nearly a decade younger. She shone like a flame in the night, there was something special about this girl and Jack smiled in the darkness drinking her beauty in for a moment and thinking of his Samantha. Suddenly, an oafish college boy brushed past him and pushed his tongue into the girl's mouth. The boy reminded him of Tom Waters, his Samantha's unworthy husband whom he'd disposed of and a scowl crossed his handsome face. An oversized lug pawing carelessly at a delicate rose! Jack decided to follow the pair into the club and find out more about the pair. Perhaps tomorrow he could dress appropriately and make good use of his knife...

At the same time, Spike stormed out of his crypt in a rage. Harmony had moved most his Passions tapes and his punk CD collection to make room for her damn unicorn statues. Unfortunately she had moved Spikes beloved media items too close to the radiator he'd installed to ward off the fall chill and he awoke to a sickening pile of melted plastic. Ripping a tombstone out of the ground and throwing, Spike roared in frustration. One of these days he would stake the idiotic bint, but her companionship was better than being alone at the moment. Last week he had kidnapped a doctor to have the chip removed from his head and enable him to kill Buffy. Not only did his plan get thwarted, but the terrifying realization that he was in love with her dawned on him. Never in his unlife had Spike felt more alone.

Now he found himself following her around like a lovesick schoolboy trying to help Buffy when she slayed to make certain no errant fangs found the graceful column of her throat. To make matters worse her hulking sod of a boyfriend Riley was forever underfoot. Captain Riley Finn, former Initiative Commando would have be an obstacle even if she would overlook all the times Spike tried to kill her. Last night he'd overheard Buffy make plans with Captain Cardboard to meet at the Bronze. Maybe he'd go and watch her quietly from the shadows while and throw back a few shots before returning to Harmony's whining because he'd shouted at her over the destruction of his beloved soap opera tapes and all of his Billy Idol collection.

Lighting a cigarette, Spike drew his long black leather duster tightly around him and headed towards the Bronze. Pausing for a second, he took his flask out and slammed the contents quickly. The bourbon burned as it ran down his throat and gave an artificial warmth to the vampire's body. When he arrived at the Bronze he saw the object of his desire on the dance floor with her noxious boyfriend and annoying friends. Red and Demon Girl were all right, but bloody Harris was a pain in the ass, God he hated the whelp. Purposefully Spike went to the bar slammed down $50 demanded a bottle of whiskey. He told the waitress at the bar he was heading upstairs and to keep them coming...

The balcony overlooking the floor was mostly empty which meant Spike could watch his girl below in near privacy. Seating himself in the shadows he stared below at Buffy and opened the bottle of Jack Daniels. In mere minutes he had the entire bottle emptied. He was about to head down to the bar when the waitress appeared at this elbow with another bottle of whiskey and a bottle of bourbon balanced on her tray as well as a wine bottle and goblet.

"Figured you'd want the usual since she's here," the waitress said nodding at the dance floor below. She'd seen seen Spike drink ungodly amounts of alcohol time and again and knew he wasn't entirely human but he was a great tipper and never harmed her. Sunnydale wasn't a town to ask too many questions in.

"Since when is white wine my usual?" Spike asked in amusement pulling several bills out of his wallet, indicating the bottle and stemmed glass on the tray.

"They're not for you hon, they're for him," she pointed behind her to another shadowed part of the balcony before she headed that direction.

Spike briefly watched the waitress head over to her other customer. It was rare anyone ordered anything with as expensive a label as that bottle bore in this club. But seeing custom tailored suits in this town was pretty rare too, Spike decided eyeing the stranger for a moment. Returning his attention to the alcohol before him he scanned the crowd for his Slayer. The vampire was intent on his girl that he didn't notice the stranger carefully studying him and the scene below...

Jack watched Spike with great interest. The strange blond man in the black leather duster intrigued him. Quietly sipping his wine, Jack observed the play of emotions on the man's face. Unadulterated hatred warred with adoration on the face of the leather clad stranger. As Spike watched below his clenched fists and scarred eyebrow screamed to Jack of barely restrained power and violence. Normally Jack viewed other predators as competition to be eliminated, but this was different, he felt a flicker of kinship. Seeing the girl below who looked like his Samantha being watched by his comrade, he realized they had a common cause. Time to conduct an experiment, Jack decided heading down the stairs...