A/N: Tthanks so much for the great reviews. It makes me happy knowing people are liking this fic. (It's my first) Please review.


Tuesday…


The school was a buzz with anticipation. Homecoming had arrived and everyone was looking forward to the game and the dance. Buffy and William hadn’t spoken since that day in the hall. It hurt him too much and she was too “busy” with Cordy and the crew. Cordelia was excited about homecoming and insisted on Buffy going shopping with her. Angel was most likely going to be homecoming king so Buffy knew her chance were good to be queen. She had to have the perfect dress. Meanwhile…

William looked over at Xander and Willow. They were seated on a red couch in Xander’s basement watching TV. William was in a chair off to the side of them. Xander felt a little weird with the way William was just staring at them so he looked over at him and said, “Something on your mind?” William looked confused. “What do you mean?” He asked Xander.

“Well, you been looking at me and Will off and on like you want to say something. So what’s on your mind.” Willow looked over at them just as William asked them,

“Are you going to homecoming?” Xander chuckled and replied,

“I don’t know about you, but I don’t really see the point of putting on some monkey suit so some girl rubs her body against your body and… wait a minute. I think I like that idea.” William and Willow looked at each other and laughed. That was Xander for them, a little slow on the uptake. Willow said to her boys, “So does this mean we are going? Cause if we are I need to find a dress”

William nodded, “Yeah. Let’s go. It might be fun.”

**********************************

Saturday Night…


William walked into the school gym with his best friends. The dance was in full swing and the three of them looked ready to party. They grabbed some punch and found a table near the dance floor. Music blaring, friends around, all dressed up, William found it hard not to want to dance. He grabbed both Willow and Xander and pulled them on the dance floor. He was having fun.

Halfway through the night, it was finally time to announce the homecoming court. Principal Fluttie walked up to the microphone. “Students and staff, If I may have your attention please. The time we all have been waiting for is finally here. Homecoming King and Queen.”

Everyone had gathered on the dance floor and was waiting anxiously. This was a pretty big deal for most people, but people like William and his friends just wanted to dance and have fun. They had been dancing most of the night with occasional breaks for punch and resting, but when Principal Fluttie got onstage they had been caught in the crowd.

“This year we have our student body president to announce the King and Queen, Ms. Kate Lockly.” Kate walked up to the microphone holding two envelopes. “Hello everyone. Are you all having fun?” The crowd on the dance floor yelled back, “YEAH!!”
“Good. Now down to business. This year’s Homecoming King and Queen are the two people you voted for and they are…” Kate started to tear open the first envelope.

William heard a small commotion and glance over at it. Angel was standing there being wished luck and patted on the back. Next to him was Buffy, she looked beautiful. She was wearing a long white dress and her hair was swept up with a few strands framing her lovely face. She had a wide smile on her face and her body was wrapped in Angel’s arms. William felt his great mood, the first in a while, disappear. It hurt to see her looking so happy with someone who wasn’t him.

Kate got the envelope opened and spoke in the microphone, “Your homecoming King is Angelu…” The crew started yelling loud enough so that no one could hear anything else. Angel had been named King and was the center of attention. Buffy jumped up and down and grabbed him around his neck. She pulled him in for a quick kiss before he went up onstage. It still hurt William to see her with him, but he couldn’t look away. She was glowing and captivating. He couldn’t tear his eyes away from her.

Angel walked up onstage with a smirk. He walked up to Kate, ran a finger across his tongue and smacked her on the ass. The crowd laughed, and Kate squeaked in surprise. The newly crowned Angel stood onstage and waited for his Queen. Kate blushed furiously as she opened the second envelope. “This year’s Homecoming Queen is…” William looked over at Buffy, she was holding onto Harmony and Cordelia’s hands. She had her eyes shut and her head down, like she was praying. “Cordelia Chase!” Cordelia smiled brightly and started walking up onstage. Buffy plastered a fake smile on and started clapping, but William could see she was disappointed. She looked so upset about not winning. William wanted to go up to her and comfort her. He just wanted her in his arms again.

Cordelia walked up to Angel and gave him a big hug. Kate gave her the crown and turned back to the microphone. “Our couple will receive gift certificates for two to see the movie of their choice. Thanks for helping to make this homecoming dance a success and see you at Prom!!” The three of them walked offstage. Buffy stood alone trying to cheer herself up. William took a deep breath and stepped forward towards her.

He was ten feet away when Angel showed up beside her. She perked up and wrapped her arms around Angel’s neck. William swallowed the lump in his throat. He had hoped not to see them together. He tore his eyes away from Buffy and headed back to his table.

Music started blaring just as almost everyone had cleared the dance floor. Cordy’s crew was left with Harmony dancing by herself and Buffy and Angel with their arms around each other. William recognized the song playing. It was one of Buffy’s favorites.

You know you are my lover
You got me twisted over you
I know I got what you need


William looked over at Buffy again, and saw them slow dancing. Her head rested on his shoulders, eyes closed. Angel seemed to be looking across the dance floor at Kate, smiling.

So what you wanna do
Baby, baby I know
Baby I love you so
But you don't feel like I do
Tell me what can I do


William watched as Kate seemed to smile back at Angel and mouth the words “Later, tonight.” Buffy had no idea what was going on, she just danced.

But I gotta be strong
Did me wrong
When I thought that we were really down
So you say you want me
Make up your mind
Cuz I'm not gonna be here for long


Buffy was swung around slowly when she opened her eyes and looked directly at William. He had a look of understanding creeping on his face. He looked really good in his suit and she wished she were dancing with him, instead.

Breaking up now
you got me twisted, thinkin bout the way that things used to be
when it was you and me girl I was so free


He looked directly into Buffy’s eyes. She smiled at him warmly. William just smiled back.

see you had my heart from the start like cupid
and i was just downright foolish and stupid
But now I know the reason for the pain and the headaches

Angel glanced over and saw Willie smiling at Buffy. With an evil glint in his eye, he tilted her face towards his and pressed his lips against hers. Buffy resisted slightly.

You left me all alone now I can't even concentrate
I guess I'll wait for the day until you come back
Because my heart is where your love is at
You got me twisted...


William watched with pain in his heart. Buffy pulled away from Angel and watched William’s face crumble. Buffy looked slightly panicked as she saw him look at her with hurt in his eyes. He turned away and without a single glance at anyone, walked out the door.


Buffy glared at Angel and before she knew what she was doing, she slapped him. Buffy’s mouth opened in shock. Angel turned his head back towards her, his eyes glaring into hers. His face was turning red with anger. Buffy backed up a couple steps

“Oh my god, Angel. I’m sorry.” She lowered her voice and looked at his face, he had a handprint clearly visible across his cheek. “I don’t know what came over me, I’m so sorry” Buffy took a step forward. She went to touch his cheek gently, but he shoved her hand away.

“Everyone is always sorry.” Angel replied harshly, his eyes narrowed on her. “but no one ever really means it.” He spun on his heel and walked out, leaving a stunned Buffy watching.

** Angel paced the school hallways trying to control his temper. Cool it, Angel.He thought, need to calm down. One little glitch doesn’t spoil my plan. He punched a nearby locker, instantly feeling better. She will regret that, but only when the time is right. When that bitch finds out the truth, it will destroy her, Angel stopped pacing and smiled an evil smile. and I will enjoy every minute. **