A/N: WARNING: some B/A although it is the begining of the end for them. I finally got over the big block so here's a brand spanking new chapter. Review!!! I love reviews!!!


William heard the phone ringing before he woke up. He was stretched out face down on his bed with his pounding head hiding under the pillow. When he got home last night he didn’t even bother getting undressed. He was still in his suit, now wrinkled, refusing to get up to answer the phone. After the sixth ring, he heard his mother answer it. Another moment passed before he heard her knock on the door telling him Willow was on the phone. He groaned and reached for the extension beside his bed.

“’ello, Will. What’s so bloody interesting you have to call me so early?” Willow giggled knowing that William is always grouchy when he oversleeps. With an innocent voice, Willow asked, “What do you mean early? It’s almost 12:30.” William furrowed his brow and glance at the clock next to him. “Bloody Hell!!” How did I sleep so late? Could have been those four shots someone bought me. Now if only I could remember who.

“William you shouldn’t have left so suddenly, you missed the whole thing!” He groaned at the memory of the dance and the “happy couple”.

“I’m sorry, Will. I got a sudden case of… uh…what do you mean whole thing? What happened?” William felt his head pound with each word.

“Buffy smacked Angel! right in the middle of the dance floor!” He sat straight up instantly regretting it. “Then he walked off and left her there. She had to hitch a ride home with Cordelia.”

William spoke to Willow a bit more before hanging up. Staring at the phone, he wondered what Angel did to deserve it. Whatever it was, he would have loved to see it. With that final thought, he got out of bed and headed for the shower. Might as well get ready to face the day was his only thought.

**********************************
Buffy sighed, relieved. She had been upset since last night wondering how Angel was going to react to her slapping him. After he disappeared from the dance, she hadn’t heard from him. She was starting to think he would end it between them when he called. He apologized for walking out on her and again for “practically fucking” (his words) her on the dance floor. He wanted to take her someplace nice to make it up to her. She gladly agreed. They set a date for tonight at seven.

Buffy hung up the phone and looked out her window at William’s house. She wondered how he was doing. She had really enjoyed being with him, but didn’t know how she felt. She thought of their last night together. How scared and confused she was when he said he loved her. She freaked. She slipped away that night and avoided him for two weeks by spending as much time as possible with Angel and Cordy. She found herself pushing William to the back of her mind. Last night at the dance, though, when she saw him standing there smiling at her, she realized she really missed him. She had Angel though, and she really liked him, too.

Buffy turned away from the window and headed for her closet. It would probably take the rest of the day to find something for her date. She had to look beautiful for Angel. After all, he was her boyfriend.
**********************************

Angel hung up the phone and smirked. Buffy was so easy to manipulate. Tell her you’re sorry and everything is peaches and cream again. This will be easy. Maybe I can push forward a little sooner than planned. He thought.

He looked over at Kate half naked searching for her clothes. She had run after him after he left, and proceeded to screw him all night. His anger made his thrusts a little rough but that’s how she liked it. At least that’s what Angel told her. He smirked as Kate finally finished getting dressed and, without a word, walked out of his bedroom. He had big plans for tonight.

**********************************

Buffy looked in the mirror to apply the finishing touches to her makeup as the doorbell rang. Damn it!! Angel’s here! She knew he didn’t like to wait so she finished as quickly as she could and hurried downstairs. Dawn was standing in the doorway talking to William. Buffy froze. William looked up at her coming down the stairs and smiled.

“Hi.” He said quietly. Buffy stared at him, speechless. “I just came by to lend li’l bit here one of my books for a report. I’ll be out of your way in a minute.” He turned towards Dawn. “I’ll see you tomorrow.” He smiled at Dawn and looked at Buffy once more before turning and walking back to his house.

Buffy released the breath she was holding. If Angel had shown up, she didn’t want to think what would have happened. She knew that both William and Angel despised each other, she just didn’t know why. Dawn had watched William walk away and turned towards Buffy,

“Why did you stop talking to him? He is a great guy.” Dawn asked her sister. “He’s much better than that other guy, Angel.” Before Buffy could respond, Dawn ran upstairs to her room William’s book in hand.

Buffy shook her head and walked to the front door just as Angel’s car pulled up. He honked the horn and waited for Buffy. She grabbed her purse and ran out to his car climbed in the passenger side, smiling at him as she got in.

“So, Angel, what are we doing tonight?” Angel looked over at her and smiled, “You’ll see, but don’t worry you’ll have fun” He replied as he pulled out of the driveway and slammed on the gas pedal heading down the street.

A few minutes later, Angel pulled up to the park, and stopped the car. He noticed the curious look on Buffy’s face and just smiled. “Stay here,” he told her before getting out of the car. She saw him open the trunk and pull out what looked like a blanket and a box. He walked over to her side and opened the door, “Come on. Follow me,” He said.

Curious, Buffy followed him while trying to see the box he held close to him. Angel walked further into the park to a small clearing surrounded by trees. He placed the box on the ground and laid the blanket out on the floor. Buffy slowly walked up behind him and peeked over his shoulder as he picked up the box again. Angel noticed her and smiled at her while motioning her to sit down.

Once she sat, Angel cocked his head and said to her, “How do you feel about me, Buffy?” He paced slowly around her. Buffy surprised at his question followed him with her head.

“Wha…?”

“What I mean is do you care for me?

“Yes.”

“Do you think of me when you’re at home?”

“Yes”

“Do you miss me when I’m not around?”

“Yes. Angel what’s with all the questions?” He stopped pacing and crouched down in front of her. He placed the box aside and looked deep in to her eyes.

“Only one more question. Then I’ll let you see what I brought, okay?” Buffy nodded. “Do you, Buffy Ann Summers, love me?” Buffy sat there, not knowing what to say. She honestly didn’t know. She might, but a certain neighbor of hers was constantly running through her mind lately. Angel was still looking at Buffy waiting for an answer. He saw a series of emotions run in her eyes, but finally saw what he wanted.

“Yes.” She whispered. She didn’t know what else to say at this point, but felt that she might really love Angel. William was just a distraction. Buffy glanced down at her hands while Angel grabbed the box and handed it to her. She glanced at him once more before opening the lid. She looked at the contents and with a puzzled expression looked at Angel.

He just smiled and asked her, “Do you trust me?”