Chapter 14: Truth Hurts

Buffy could hear the rustling of leaves and soft whispers on the wind. She had been blindfolded and was lying naked on a blanket. It felt like an eternity, but had only been a couple of minutes since Angel had last touched her. Suddenly she was back a half hour before with Angel crouching in front of her. He had grabbed the box and handed it to her. She glanced at him once more before opening the lid. She looked at the contents and with a puzzled expression looked at Angel. He just smiled and asked her, “Do you trust me?”
“Yes,” she pulled out the handcuffs and blindfold in the box, “but this?”
Flashes of Homecoming filled her mind. Her slapping Angel: Angel’s face full of rage. And all she could hear was his voice saying, “Do you trust me?”


Buffy shot up. She looked around and saw that she was in her room and took a deep breath. It had only been a dream. She was in her room, and it looked like it was morning outside already. Glancing at her bedside clock she saw that it was eleven. Trying to shake the weirdness of her dream, she climbed out of bed and headed for the shower.

**********************************

Her mom wanted her to help her out with an exhibit so Buffy’s day was packed full of activity. She tried calling Angel a few times that day, but with no answer. Dawn had constantly chatted about William. It seemed she had a crush on him. The day had flown by so fast that before she knew it, it was bedtime again. Crawling into bed, she remembered her dream and hope tonight would be a better dream.

**********************************

Rustling of leaves and soft whispers, Buffy was sitting on her blanket, again in the woods. Looking around she noticed that she was alone, but she heard voices all around her.
“Hello?” Buffy asked, her voice echoing. “Is anyone out there?”

“Buffy,” was whispered, she whirled around, but found no one. “Do you trust me?”
“Angel?” A figure was walking out of the woods towards her.
“Do you trust… love… me?” Angel’s voice echoed over and over.

Frightened, Buffy covered her ears and screamed, “Stop!”

Suddenly, she was sitting with William crouched in front of her handing her a small box. He was looking at her with love and passion filling his eyes. She carefully took the box and opened it to reveal a beautiful silver necklace. Buffy gasped and looked into William’s eyes. “It’s a shame you trusted the wrong one, luv.”

William was gone; Angel was crouching in front of her. She looked down and tossed the lid to the box aside. “Do you trust me?”

“Yes,” she pulled out the blindfold and turned around seeing William standing behind her. “William?”
“Buffy, do you trust me?” Angel asked again.

“Yes”
William placed a hand on her shoulder and said, “You shouldn’t.”




Buffy woke up in a cold sweat. Taking deep breaths and reminding herself it was a dream, she glanced over at her alarm clock, 7:15a.m. She should be getting ready for school. She reached under her bed and pulled out the box he had given her. Throwing the lid aside, she pulled out the blindfold and a pair of handcuffs. Fingering the handcuffs, she thought about Saturday.

Lying naked on a blanket
Blindfolded
A tent stake holding her handcuffed hands to the ground
Many orgasms
Muffled laughter
And the feel of … wait, muffled laughter?!?


A chill ran through her. There were other people there? Angel couldn’t have known that there were people watching, could he? Frantic at that thought, Buffy got up and changed then ran out the door. Hopefully she’d catch him before class.

**********************************

William didn’t see Willow and Xander waiting in their usual spot this morning as he arrived at school. Glancing around he sat on a nearby bench and dropped his bag at his feet. After waiting about five minutes, William saw Buffy hurrying up to the steps and nervously looking around. She stopped at the bottom of the steps and William could barely hear her saying in a panicked tone, “Come on Angel. Hurry up. I need to talk to you.”

Concerned, William walked over to her and asked, “Buffy? Are you…” She whirled around and cut him off, “Will! Have you seen Angel today? Do you know if he’s here yet?” He could see the urgency in her eyes and just shook his head.

Buffy’s eyes looked over William’s shoulders and focused on Angel walking up with a big smile on his face. She pushed past William and ran up to Angel saying, “I need to talk to you.” She grabbed onto his arm and pulled him further down the sidewalk away from the crowd in front of the school. William watched her talk quietly for a minute with him before turning back to the bench where his bag sat.

**********************************

“Angel, Saturday in the woods,” Buffy spoke quietly but quickly, “was there anyone else around?”

Angel looked a little surprised, but responded quickly, “Why would you ask something like that? I thought you trusted me, Buffy.”

“Angel, I do, but I was thinking about it this morning and I remember a couple times there was some laughter, and I didn’t really think about it then. Now I’m worried that someone else was there and that they saw what we were doing.” She looked at Angel’s expressionless face, “What if it was someone from school and they tell everyone about it.”

Angel looked at Buffy a moment more before he said, “I’m impressed. I thought it was going to take you longer to figure that out.” Buffy went from worried to confused. “What?” “When you slapped me, did you really think I would forgive you that fast? When all those people had seen? Did you really think I wouldn’t do something about it? At first you were a game, Buffy, but I couldn’t let that go so easily.”

Buffy looked at him in complete shock. She barely comprehended what he was telling her. Backing up a few steps, she tripped on the curb and stumbled. Angel just laughed before continuing, “I saw you and your precious Willie at the Bronze this summer. That’s when I knew that I had to have you. Just. So. He. Couldn’t.” He spat out. Buffy shook her head. William. Angel dated and slept with her so William couldn’t, and she had let him. Tears flowing freely, she noticed William standing off to the side watching them. He wore a look of hate and rage. His fists were curled up into tight balls.

Angel continued, not seeing William, “The look on his face when he saw you with me was amusing. I can’t wait to for him to find out that last Saturday you fucked me… and Parker. Everyone loved how you were too into it to realize that I wasn’t the one fucking you.”

Buffy’s blood froze. Parker Abrams had sex with her!! That bastard, Angel, let her believe she was having sex with him, but instead it was Parker!! Why didn’t she feel the difference when Parker started touching her? Why did she let Angel blindfold her? Buffy crumbled to the ground and broke down. Angel laughed enjoying her display. He watched her for a second then turned to walk away, but his face met with William’s fist.

Angel caught off guard stumbled backward, but quickly recovered. He threw his body at William and tackled him to the ground. William swung wildly as he landed hard with Angel on top. Angel punched William in the ribs several times knocking the wind out of him. William head-butted Angel causing him to lean back enough so that he was able to push him off, William scrambled to his feet. He leaned over Angel ready to punch him again, when Angel punched him in the crotch. William doubled over in pain; Angel stood up and punched him knocking him to the ground. William fell hitting his head on the curb. Blood pouring down his face, William lay there slightly unconscious. Angel stood over him and said, “Hope she was worth it, Willie. She sure as hell isn’t even a good fuck.” Then with a kick to William’s ribs, he headed back to his car.

Hearing the squealing tires, Buffy looked up to see Angel’s car leaving the school parking lot. She glanced over and saw William lying on the ground groaning in pain. Buffy slowly stood up and walked over to William. His eyes were fluttering and he was bleeding profusely from a deep cut over his left eye. Instantly worried, she crouched next to him and grabbed his hand.

“Oh my god, William.” She breathed. He looked over at Buffy and saw her screaming for help before he blacked out.

A/N: I would like to thank mrs_marsters for discussing with me this chapter and how to make it better than the first two times i wrote it. and I would also like to thank spikesbabyblues for being my beta and giving such wonderful feedback. Review please, I love your opinions.