wow. I bet you guys forgot that i was writing a fic, didnt you. Well after 3 months, here is the new chapter. Please review.

Chapter 16 Forgiving


Out of mind, I love it, easy to please
Never mind, forget it, just memories
in a notebo…on a page…


William sighed, frustrated. He couldn’t concentrate on writing lyrics. Only able to write half of what he wanted, he finally decided to give up. Thoughts of Buffy kept surfacing in his mind along with the conversation from the night before. Two months had past since Buffy’s breakdown and William was still in shock at what Angel had done. From what William heard, Buffy marched down to the police station and pressed charges against everyone involved. Angel had disappeared, but Parker was charged with rape and is currently awaiting trial. Cordelia Chase surprised everyone when she turned in Kate, Graham, and Eve shortly after Parker’s arrest. Graham had been bragging to Cordelia one night and she was appalled at what they had done. She informed Buffy and the police the next day.

Buffy had taken up kickboxing and self defense classes. She was seen with a couple other girls from her defense classes around town. They seemed to be the only ones she talked to on a regular basis. She hadn’t even really looked at William since that day and he was starting to finally accept it, until a couple nights ago…

*William had been restless. He couldn’t sleep or sit still, so he decided to go for a late night walk. He checked on Anne, sleeping, before heading out the door. The cool night air felt refreshing against his smoldering face. He walked without really knowing where he was headed, but wasn’t surprised to find himself at the park. He retraced the same path him and Buffy had taken the first time they’d met. Slowly swinging on the swing set, he recalled how she looked that first day, such life and joy in her eyes. He missed seeing her like that.

Sighing, he stood up and headed back the way he came when he saw a flash of blond hair heading into the woods. Curious, he followed whoever it was deep into the woods until they came to a small clearing. He caught a glimpse of her face in the moonlight. Buffy. She was standing along the edge of the clearing hugging herself and staring in to the center. William slowly walked closer. He stopped a few feet away and just watched her.

A few moments went by in silence when all of a sudden, Buffy quietly said, “This is where it happened.” She had spoken so softly that William wasn’t sure if he had heard anything. He stepped closer when she continued, “He made me believe he loved me. People don’t do that to the person they love,” she turned and looked at him, “do they?” William was taken aback at the look in her eyes, gone was the life and joy replaced by sadness and uncertainty. “You want to know something, Will? I don’t even know if love actually exists anymore.” Buffy looked away as tears started forming in her eyes. Her chin trembled and her voice broke as she continued, “I’m sorry I hurt you. I was so stupid. Popularity was all that mattered to me, but you know what? It’s all bullshit. I threw away a great friendship with you for people who cared more about what brand my clothes were than being my friend.” William had moved next to her as she spoke. She closed her eyes and sighed before looking up to meet his gaze.
Buffy opened her mouth to speak, but William fingers brushed across her lips silencing her. Just a look in her eyes and he knew all she wanted to say. He smiled gently at her and took her hand. William felt Buffy hesitate slightly before following him out of the woods back towards her house. They walked in complete silence with only the moonlight illuminating their way.

Reaching Buffy’s yard, William turned towards Buffy. She looked up at him and after several moments asked softly, “Will, can we start over?” He brushed hair off her face, softly kissed her forehead and replied, “I’d like that, pet.” *

William sighed as he lay back on his bed. He had wanted to speak to Buffy for weeks, but he’d been afraid that she still blamed him for everything. Only recently had he realized she was lashing out at him out of sheer convenience. He had kept his distance and patiently waited for her to approach him. Now she had and he could barely contain his glee. Even after everything that had happened, he still loved and wanted to be with her.


A/N-Usual disclaimer about me being broke cuse i dont own any of these characters. the paragraphs between the * are flashbacks. In case anyone was confused. Sorry so short, but Please review!!! Please!!!