William had always thought that people with regrets were weak. He never wanted to have regrets about anything. The things he had did in the heat of the moment, from peer-pressure, or out of spite revealed who he was as a person. He didn't look at regret as mistakes like he thought most people did. In his mind, if a mistake was made, learn from it and move on. There was no point in making it right. His skeleton closet was full and he wasn't interested in adding any more bones.

Although his relationship with his ex-girlfriend Drusilla was destructive, he never regretted having her in his life. He loved her and sometimes thought he was still in love with her. When he met her, his life changed. She was the face of his salvation. She delivered him from mediocrity, introducing him to the dark side of sex and drugs. She never stopped surprising him, always taking him to new depths. They lived the rock and roll lifestyle. When he was with her, he felt free and alive. He dyed his hair to resemble Billy Idols. He changed the way he walked and talked. He stopped wearing suits and bowties, preferring jeans, t-shirts, and Doc Martins. Black was his favorite color. She gave him the name Spike because he almost killed a man with a railroad spike, fighting over her. She was his black beauty and their relationship lasted five years.

Over the years they me a lot of people, but none of the relationships lasted passed the drug-induced orgies until they met Angel. His introduction into their relationship was like taking poison a little at a time. In the beginning it was wonderful. The three of them were inseparable. The problems started when Angel got William to fall in love with him. He never thought he could fall in love with another man but Angel was irresistible. He was also a sadistic and manipulative bastard. He had one goal. He wanted Drusilla.

William was in love with them both. They were his first. The bottom began to fall out of the relationship when Angel turned Druislla against him. She was a little "touched" in the head and William wrote her behavior off as quirky. However, Angel encouraged the looney ramblings and unpredictable violent outbursts. He brought out a side of her William couldn't understand. Behind his back, Angel fed her more drugs and taught her how to love pain. William wasn't immune to the same treatment. He shut down because of it while Angel and Drusilla grew closer.

Eventually, the drugs and wild sex started to take their toll. William wanted to make a change. They didn't. Angel and Drusilla abandoned him, leaving a note on their bed, saying "so long lover". Emotionally, William shut down, turning into a sadistic and manipulative bastard. His anger at them fueled his desire to make his life better.

He wrote a book about their relationship titled, "The Bermuda Triangle." It was on the bestseller's list for six months. He then sold the rights to a movie producer. He was always into to poetry as a kid, publishing several poetry books under the penname darkness. He was able to live comfortably.

He disassociated himself from a lot of his old friends, except Clem. He set rules and boundaries. He wasn't into serious relationship. Instead he preferred, a series of one nightstands and quickie anonymous sex. He didn't cut out drugs completely. He used sparely. Ecstasy was his drug of choice and coke ran a close second. The one thing he couldn't change was his enormous appetite for sex. He had lovers of both sexes. Places like Willy's and the Bronze was his sexual playground.

Willy's was where he met Elizabeth. She was the one nightstand that changed his game. The minute he laid eyes on her, she was transforming him from the inside. It scared him. He tried to fight it but it was becoming a losing battle. He wanted to be with her but his inner demons wanted to be with everyone else. They were on a winning streak.

William never admitted to being fully recovered. The voluptuous brunette he met at Willy's was proof of that. She reminded him of Drusilla. The attraction alone was powerful. She dug up things in him that he tried to bury, releasing his demons out to play. After her departure and a fag, he was having regrets. He sat in the dark and cried, falling into a depression. He hadn't left his home in two days. He was feeling destructive, sedating himself with cigarettes, coke, and his good buddy Jack Daniels. He was still a work in progress.

Thank God it's Friday Elizabeth thought. She was looking forward to seeing William. Tuesday was the last time they were together. It was Wednesday morning, after he gave her an "oral" wake up call that he told her to come by his place on Friday. She couldn't forget that morning. He made her late for work. She barely had enough time to go home, shower and change. She wished she had stayed. The kind of sex she was getting from him, made her realize she could afford to call in sick. She marinated in her juices ever since. She was going to leave work early.

Elizabeth was close to William's place. She was excited. She never thought that a one nightstand could have such potential. She knew she didn't know him that well, but she was going to. They connected on a physical level she had never experienced with anyone, but there was also a mental telepathy she thought they shared. They both knew something was there. However, considering the circumstances it was taboo to speak about it. She was hoping that tonight would bring more. She banged on the door several times. She started to leave until she heard the door open. He wasn't there to greet her. She felt something was wrong. She entered his home. It was dark and smelled like a nightclub. She called out to him but got no answer until the second try.

"William"

"What are you doing here?"

"You told me to stop by remember."

William knew he really fucked up now. He was so wrapped up in his own shit he had forgotten he wanted to spend some quality time with her.

"About that pet, I made a mistake. I really didn't want you to come back. I just needed to say something to get you to leave."

"What the hell are you talking about William? If my memory serves me correctly, you were the one with your head buried between my legs."

"Ooooh, I remember now. Yooou tasted sooo sweet." He replied with a chuckle.

Standing in complete darkness was starting to freak Elizabeth out. From the sound of his voice, he was close by. She realized where he was sitting from the orange amber light of his cigarette.

"William, Why are you sitting in the dark?"

"William doesn't live here anymore. Spike does."

"Again, I ask, what the hell are you talking about and who is Spike?"

"Don't you get it, don't you see. I'm wrong Buffy. I'm wrong for you."

Elizabeth tried to convey the meaning behind his words.

"I can't talk to you like this. I'm going to turn on a light."

"No, don't"

Feeling along the walls, she found a switch. She couldn't believe the sight in front of her. William was a mess and so was his home.

"What happened to you?

He didn't answer right away.

"Are you high?"

William had trouble adjusting to the light. He tried to shield his face.

"Just trying to get rid of some demons luv, and I was doing a good job of it until you showed up."

"What the hell is that suppose to mean? You told me to come. I'm here and this is how you treat me. You didn't answer my question. Who did this to you? Was it this guy Spike you mentioned?"

William laughed. He looked at the numerous scratches and bite marks that adorned his chest. There was a slight swelling on his left cheek. They were reminders of his intense encounter with the crazy brunette beauty. He didn't want Elizabeth to see them. He reached for his tattered t-shirt, forgetting it was destroyed. The scars had faded but not the ones inside. He folded his arms across his chest.

"He was there."

"There? Where? Here? You're confusing me. "

Elizabeth walked toward him. William looked like he had been in a fight. She moved closer, thinking he probably wasn't in a fight at all. More like the heat of passion kind of fight she thought. She knew the wounds were not from her. His body looked like their first encounter. She knew he was bisexual. She figured he was with a man and the experience probably didn't go well. Maybe the situation got out of hand and this Spike guy roughed him up she thought. She wasn't naive enough to believe he was hers alone, but secretly she wanted him to herself.

"I am Spike."

"Oh, I see."

"Do you, do you really see?"

"You had a bad sexual encounter, right? Did you hurt him? By the way you're acting I thought maybe someone got killed. I mean you are not giving me much to go on so I'm drawing my own conclusions."

William didn't want to talk about it. He remained elusive with her. It wasn't proper to discuss fucking someone else with another person, especially her. There was a side to him he didn't want to reveal to her. The same side he tried to keep under control. He made up his mind he wasn't going to see Elizabeth again. He was going to do what he did best. He was going to push her away.

"You're such a bloody stupid bitch. Why the hell are you still here? I told you I am wrong for you. I am a bad, bad man. I made a mistake. This between you and me is wrong. You know it so cut your losses, pet and get the hell out of my house."

Tears began to well up in her eyes. She couldn't believe he was talking to her that way.

"You want me just as much as I want you. I thought we both understood that, but now I see you're into playing games. I hear you say it but your eyes give you away, but I want play this game with you. If anyone is a stupid bitch, it's you. I don't know what happened between Wednesday morning and now, but I have an idea. What you do when you're not with me is your business, but don't take it out on me. I don't know what's going on with you William, Spike or whatever the hell your name is. I thought I was coming here to be with you, but it is obvious you have some shit you need to work out. Have a nice life."

Elizabeth slammed the door behind her. She sat in her car and cried. She needed to talk to someone. She drove to Faith's.

William watched her leave.

"Don't go." he whispered, knowing she didn't hear him.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Are you alone?"

"Yeah B come on in. What's wrong?"

"Don't be mad at me, but I have to tell you something."

"Cop a squat, spill it, What's on your mind?"

You remember that guy I told you about, William.

"Yeah right, blondie."

"That's the one. Well, I went to see him after I left your place the night we celebrated my health scare. When I got there, it was like he knew I was coming. There was a connection there. Of course, one thing lead to another and we connected a lot more. Then we both realized there was something between us. I knew I felt it and he said he did too, but now he's acting different."

"How do you mean, different?"

"Wednesday morning, he told me to come by his place Friday after work. He didn't tell me what for, but my gut instinct told me we were maybe going on a date or just hanging out. I get there and he was a wreck. He had been drinking and he looked like he was high. He had some scratches and bruises. It was obvious he was with somebody else. I'm not mad about that. We're not together, but I thought we were at least on our way. To make a long story short, he treated me like shit."

"Well what did you expect B? It wasn't like you two had a lot in common. You met him in a bar. You had great sex. You should have left it like that. Lovem and Leavem. Just admit you are not cut out for that sort of stuff and move on. He wasn't your type anyway."

"Wow, thank you for your support." Elizabeth said sarcastically

"Hey, I'm not trying to be a bitch about it."

"Are you sure? Because what it sounds like, is that you're blaming the disaster on me."

"No I'm not. He sounds like a real asshole. What I'm saying is cut your losses and move on. It's obvious he was just playing games with you. Look, do you want me to go over there with a few of my buddies and clean his clock?"

"Look at you always having my back. But that want be necessary. William Bledsoe or Spike is in my past."

"Spike?"

"Yeah apparently that is his name too."

"That sounds wicked. A man with a name like that must be into some wild shit. I wouldn't want to piss him off. "

"Hey, cheer up B. You got me. How about you and I go out Saturday night to the Bronze. I'll be a lot of fun. You don't have to partake of the festivities, but you can certainly learn something. Besides, straight people go to the Bronze too. You might meet a nice guy. Come on. Would I steer you wrong?"

"I told you I would think about it and yes you have been known to get me caught up in some crazy shit, especially when we were in college. Remember that frat party when I passed out. I woke up the next day with an ocean between my legs. You were suppose to have my back. I thought I had sex with the entire fraternity. You made me think I did for almost a week until you told me nothing happened. I still owe you for that."

"I remember that. You missed a good party B." Faith replied smiling to herself, knowing what she did to Elizabeth.

"I just want to go home and forget this day even happened."

"Are you going out tonight?"

"Nah, I'm just going to work out on the punching bag and read my comic books"

"Okay, give me a hug"

Elizabeth turned out of the driveway, finding herself at a crossroads. The last time she made this exit she went to see him. This time she turned left on her way home.

Faith was elated and pissed at the same time. It turned Elizabeth was keeping secrets. She and William were somewhat together. Not anymore she thought. He got a taste of what he really wanted which was her. She finally wins out over Elizabeth she thought. After their romp, she waited by the phone. He never called. Now she knew why she thought. She decided to pay him a visit.

After Elizabeth's departure, William managed to shower. He felt refreshed. The black cloud over his head was lifting. He needed to make some decisions and soon. There was a knock at his door. He was hoping it was Elizabeth. He wanted to apologize and talk. He opened the door. His excitement was short-lived.

"Hello, blondie remember me "

"How can I forget, you wanna see the bitemarks?"

"I'll show you mine if you show me yours." She replied, using his line from that night.

"No thanks." William replied, attempting to shut the door in her face.

"Hey, is that anyway to treat a guest."

"You weren't invited."

"Well, I was in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop by."

"Come for a bit of rough and tumble. Is that it pet?"

"You said it, I didn't."

"No thanks, luv"

"Come on, I thought we connected."

"We did, but I'm over it now so you can just run along."

"I'd come a long way to see you. The least you can do is offer me a drink."

"Really"

"Look one drink and I'll be out of your hair. Besides, I'm just dieing to share this."

Faith pulled out a vial of coke. She dangled it in front of him like forbidden fruit.

"Okay, one drink"

"What'll it be?"

"Tequila"

William poured her a drink and sat across the table from her. Faith pulled out a small kit containing a mirror and razor blade. She cut and layed out four lines, sniffing two for herself. She passed the mirror to William.

"No thanks, pet. I had my share already."

"More for me then."

William looked at her. He was getting annoyed. She didn't look that hot to him anymore.

Faith got up from her chair, standing behind him. She ran her hands down his chest and kissed his neck.

'Like I said, no thanks. Now be on your merry way."

William yanked Faith by her arm, pulling her towards the door.

"Hey not so rough. You're killing my high. I thought you liked it rough, pet."

"I do that's why I'm here. I need to be taught a lesson."

"No, you need to leave."

"Come on baby, lets party."

William pushed her against the door forcefully. He grabbed her by the throat.

"Look you stupid bint. I'm not interested."

"Well, you may not be, but he is."

Faith eyes wondered to his bulging cock. She smiled and kissed him.

William pulled away, smiling. He rubbed his cock against her crotch.

"You like this don't you." He whispered in her ear.

"Harder"

William unbuckled his belt, pulling from the loops. He hit her against the side of her leg.

"Is this what you want?"

"Yes, more"

William folded the belt, running it along her cheek then to her lips. Faith sank her teeth into the hard black leather. William continued to rub against her.

"You want me to fuck you."

"Yes"

"Right here against the door."

"Yes"

"I bet you would love it, wouldn't you." He asked, lowering her zipper.

"What I did to you last time is nothing compared to what I could do to you? I could make you come so hard you would never want to leave. I would have you climbing the walls and going insane. I'll lock you in my closet and play with you until all you ever want to do is come. Would you like that, pet"

"Yes"

"You're a dirty little bitch aren't you?"

"Yes"

"Say it"

"I'm a dirty bitch."

"Say it correctly."

"I'm a dirty little bitch."

"You ready for me, luv."

"Yes, please, please Fuck me, Fuck me until I bleed."

"You know what pet?"

"What?"

"I would rather stick my dick in a meat grinder than to fuck you again. Now get the hell out of my house."

William pushed a dazed and confused Faith out the door.

"You fucking bastard."

Faith banged on the door, screaming obscenities.

"You asshole. Nobody treats me like that. This is far from over. I may be dirt but you're the one who likes to roll in it. You never had it so good with me, never. I know you want me, but I'm willing to give you some time to think about it."

"And I thought I was pathetic", William said.