just to clear something up for one of my two reviewers (hint, hint people) If you’ve read a story with Ruby in it before, then it’s by me cause she’s my original character.

**********************************************************

Buffy, Willow and Ruby entered the large overdone club and automatically went into business mode.

“I’ll take the pool room, Buffy you get the bar, Wills, you cover the tables? Got it?” Ruby took charge.

Buffy and Willow nodded and they wall went their separate ways. They were on a mission.

Twenty minutes later pasted and still nothing.

Buffy, Willow and Ruby all collapsed at a table and hung their heads.

“This so sucks,” Buffy sighed, “I mean doesn’t anyone wanna have a road trip? It’s not like were going to see the worlds largest ball of twine for Christ’s sake! We’re going to LA!”

“LA as in Las Angeles right?” Buffy, Willow and Ruby where all shocked to the bone to see who had asked the question.

“LA as in Las Angeles,” Buffy confirmed.

Cordelia Chase stood in front of their table with her hands on her expensively dressed hips. Cordelia had not acknowledged Buffy, Willow or Ruby other than to taunt one of them since the third grade, “Then I’m in. We leave tomorrow.”

“Whoa, let’s back up here for just a sec,” Ruby shook her blonde head, “Who said you could come?” Ruby had definitely not contemplated the idea of it being one of the people she hated most would be volunteering. Could you spend every waking moment with Cordelia with out bitch slapping her? Not so much, but the bitch slapping should be fun.

“Oh stuff it Singer,” Cordelia rolled her eyes, “Let’s face it. You all need me.”

“Maybe so,” Buffy nodded, “But why would you want to go with us? I mean, why not just pack up your min…” Buffy paused, almost slipping and calling Cordy’s friends her “minions” in which they all referred to them as, “Why not with Harmony or someone?”

Cordy sighed heavily. Truth be told, she was more than sick of Harmony Kendal. Besides, she’d never admit it, but Buffy, Ruby and Willow had a vibe that got to her…they seemed to be people she could laugh with all summer. Okay so maybe she’d have to play nice with Ruby but they’d be friends for sure by the end.

“Would you want to spend three months with Harmony Kendal seeing her every waking moment?” Cordelia raised a perfectly plucked eyebrow. Ruby, Buffy and Willow all visibly flinched at the idea. Point taken.

Willow and Buffy both turned to look at Ruby who was still going over it. Hmm, have a wild LA summer becoming famous yet having to spend it with Cordelia Chase there or staying home…Cordelia it was, “Okay. We leave tomorrow but I’m warning you Chase. I will claw your eyes out.”

Cordy smirked, “Wouldn’t want it any other way Singer. Bring it on.”

With that, Cordelia disappeared into the heavy crowd of the loud club.

The three friends looked at each other and couldn’t help but smile. Watch out LA. They were coming for ya.

**********************************************************

It was an ungodly hour of the morning. Five AM to be exact. Who gets up at five AM anyways? It was truly unnatural, completely unholy. Ruby got up at five AM apparently. So Ruby was Satan. It cleared a lot of things up really.

Buffy cracked an eye to see her friend standing there fully dressed in a pair of super low, ripped up jeans that had song lyrics and doodles all over them and tight “Jem and the Hologram’s” tee. Her straight platinum blonde hair with streaks of every color of the rainbow thrown in for kicks as she’d put it was pulled into a spiky pony-tail at the top of her head. She looked far too cheerful for this time of morning.

“Come on Buffy!” Ruby exclaimed, “It’s time to get up and go!”

Buffy rolled over onto her back and asked, “Were you chugging Red Bull and ginseng again?”

A look of offense crossed Ruby’s face, “No…okay maybe a little but that’s so not the point! This is our chance to get out of Minnesota! It has to be RIGHT now!”

“Why RIGHT now?” Buffy groaned, closing her eyes once more.

“Because it has to be RIGHT now goddamnit! Cordy’s just getting Wills and then were off in her little red Barbie car!” Ruby explained excitedly. It was a shitty explanation, Buffy decided still staring at her friend like she was crazy.

Hang on a second. Let’s back up. Did Ruby just call Cordelia Cordy? “Since when do you call Cordelia, Cordy?”

Ruby rolled her eyes, “We had a bonding moment over Red Bull and ginseng shots at four okay?

Buffy sighed heavily and rolled out of bed, automatically wanting to jump back under her covers and stay there until noon the second her feet hit the ground.

“I took the liberty of picking out your outfit,” Ruby explained cheerfully, shoving a dark purple tee that said in hot pink “Idaho? No Udaho!” and a dark purple colored velvet mini, “You take forever so I decided that this would be much quicker. Get dressed. Cordy’ll be back with Wills any second.”

“Couldn’t you have gotten Willow then came over here?” Buffy protested, childishly snatching the clothes from Ruby’s hands and grudging towards her bathroom.

“Buffy,” Ruby laughed, “I’m you next door neighbor.”

“Oh yeah,” Buffy grumbled, “No wonder my childhood years were hell.”

“Totally heard that,” Ruby giggled.

Buffy slammed the bathroom door in response which only egged on Ruby’s laughter.

**********************************************************

Three Hours Later…

Buffy was wide awake now. Wow, Ruby’s morning cure really did work. She didn’t think she’d sleep for days.

They’d been driving for a little off forever and her ass was getting numb, “Change the station. This song sucks.”

Ruby rolled her eyes and hit the random button. It stopped and the sound Gwen Stefani.


**What an amazing time,
What a family,
How did the years go by?
Now its only me...

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh....

Like a girl in heat stuck in a moving car,
A scary conversation, shut my eyes, can't find the brake!
What if they say that your a clutter?

Naturally I'm worried if I do it alone...
Who really cares cause it's your life...
You never know it could be great...

Take a chance 'cos you might grow.
Oh, oo oh.

What you waiting
What you waiting
What you waiting for!?

What you waiting
What you waiting
What you waiting for!?

Take a chance you stupid ho...
Like a new cut pattern you're repeating yourself
You know it all by heart, why are you standing in one place?
Born to blossom, bloom to perish!

Ya know you're (wigging out) cuz of your sex chromosome.
I know its so messed up how our society'll think (for sure)
Life is short, your capable.(uh-huh)

Oh, oh.
Look at your watch now.
You're still a super hot female!
You got your million dollar contract
and they're all waiting for your hot track.**


They’re jamming was cut short when all four girls saw the most beautiful thing they’d all ever seen. You are now leaving Minnesota.

“It’s beautiful,” Willow whispered in awe.

They all nodded mutely in reply. Even Cordy, who had been out of Minnesota many times had to agree. It was great.

“Good bye Minnesota,” Buffy smiled happily, “Won't be missin ya.”

With that, they drove on, singing and laughing. This was gonna be one hell of a trip.

**********************************************************

review, review, review. That’s all I have to say to y’all.