"Please tell me the truth, Spike," she sobbed.'Oh God, how could this be happening. I felt so much when I was with him.' She thought to herself as she felt his arms snake around her waist and hold her in place. She could feel his hard chest against her back and it sent chills through her as she thought back to all their long days of making love. Or was it just meaningless fucking...

"Why should I when you won't be honest with yourself, pet." He gripped her tightly, it felt good to hold her in his arms like this. She would never get away from him again.

"I don't understand--," Buffy said softly, turning her head to the side. She still couldn't see him and it bothered her. She wanted to see his face. Look into his eyes to see if he was still toying with her.

"You liked watching those people die slayer. It turned you on didn't it? From the moment I first fought you I knew you were different from the other Slayers. I felt a connection to you that I've never felt to anyone before. There's a darkness in your soul, Buffy, that will never allow you to be happy out there with them," he pointed at the city lights off in the distance. "You have money now, you're beautiful but that will never be enough to bring you true contentment. You belong in the shadows with me Slayer. There's no difference between us," he hissed in her hear.

Buffy dropped her head in shame. From the moment she first met him, she'd felt a glimmer of what she truly was and it thrilled and terrified her. And now here she was in total darkness with his cold arms banded around her, naked, on her knees. Never had she felt so stripped down and vulnerable. Spike felt her tiny body shake with sobs as he held her tightly.

"But I would become a killer. How could I do that? I'm supposed to--" she couldn't finish her sentence as a wave of sobs hit her. Spike loosened his grip and allowed her to turn around in his arms. He took her face between his hands and looked her in the eyes.

"Supposed to what? Be a hero? It's not in you. I want you as my mate, Buffy. I want you to be mine forever. I can't do that unless you give yourself to me completely. Let me kill you. Tell me you want to die. I can't go through with this unless you tell me." Buffy inhaled sharply as she looked into his eyes. There was so much love and passion stirring inside of him she nearly drowned just looking at him. How could she ever have doubted he loved her.

"And if I don't?" She asked softly. His face tensed in fear. The muscles of his jaw tightened and he paused, looking down.

"Then I was going to just kill you. But I can't. I've tried to convince myself that I have to but it's no use," Spike said sadly.

Buffy leaned against him and he wrapped her in his duster and held her tightly against his body.

"You've never turned anyone before?" she asked quietly.

"Never wanted to. You would be my first and only childe. I would care for you and love you Buffy--never leave you." Spike pulled Buffy closer as if at any moment she might disappear. "I was going to take you by force, but now that I'm here with you, touching you, I just can't do it. It's up to you sweetheart. I'll do whatever you want."

They crouched together in the dark for several minutes as Spike caressed Buffy's naked body beneath his coat. He knew that if she refused he was going to ask her to stake him. He couldn't go on without her.

Buffy smiled against Spike's chest. He made her feel safe. She was so confused but the one thing she knew was that she belonged with him.

"Why did you lure me out here, strip me naked and break my heart?" She asked quietly, keeping her eyes closed as he gently stroked her hair. Spike sighed, realizing that as usual, he'd done everything all wrong. His plans never played out as he wanted them to. Never.

"I needed to break you down. Take everything away from you so that you'd be forced to truly feel what you are. I wanted to envelope you in blackness so you'd face the fact that you not only loved a monster, but..." he voice trailed of nervously as Buffy shifted her body against him so she could look up at his face.

"I'm not a monster Spike...," she said firmly, 'or am I?' She finished the sentence in her head, but she knew Spike had heard her. He could hear her spoken thoughts as easily as her unspoken ones. Looking off into the dark trees, they huddled in silence together for several minutes as she stared out into the blackness. Her eyes widened as thoughts she'd never allowed to surface bubbled up from deep within. Her hunger for violence and her appetite for pain--how could she deny that she thrived on these vices? She just never let anyone know. She hid everything away so all they could see was a good girl out trying to save the world.

"I am like you Spike," she whispered, finally breaking the spell of silence. Spike laid his cheek on the top of her head. "I'm not going to lie to you, I'm disappointed in myself in so many ways I can't even begin," she said darkly. "But I don't want to be away from you ever...Turn me," she whispered lifting her head to look intently into his eyes.

Spike felt a warmth spread through his dead cold body at her words. She had no idea how deeply those last two words effected him. He pulled her into a deep kiss and then pulled off his duster and wrapped it around her naked body. Then he lifted her with his strong arms and carried her back to is car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Quiet Sweetheart," Spike pressed a finger to finger to Buffy's lips to stop her questions. She was nervous and as a result she was babbling and wringing her hands. He lead her down the main hallway of his house and into the bathroom. She loved the master bathroom and had many fond memories of time spent sprawled in the massive jacuzzi tub drinking champagne. Spike sat Buffy down in a soft chair and took off her shoes. Then he began to slowly and carefully undress her like a fragile doll. He smiled as he slipped her shirt off her slim shoulders and ran a gentle hand over her soft skin. He felt aroused by his actions but for the first time he also felt an overwhelming sense of love and affection that kept his lust in check. He was undressing his childe to be. She would belong to him and no one else. The thought sent a jolt of excitement through his system. This is what he'd always wanted. The security of truly belonging to someone and knowing they belong only to you. He'd yearned for this with his sire Drucilla but no matter how hard he worked to please her, his efforts were futile. How many nights had he come home from hunting to hear cries of pleasure coming from her room. At times he swore she screamed louder with her other lovers just to drive him mad with jealousy.

No more.

He would be a true sire to Buffy. There would only be her. She would be everything to him and hopefully...He paused for a moment and Buffy looked up at him with questioning eyes.

"Here pet, let me help you into the tub," he said with a gentle smile.

"I've spent a lot of time naked in the past twelve hours," Buffy laughed, stepping into the warm water of the tub. She lowered her self in, guided by Spike's hand and sank down into the warm depths with a sigh of contentment. She gazed at him through lazy lids as he busied himself with getting out her bathrobe and a giant towel. Only an hour before he'd said things that completely devastated her and now here he was fussing over her every need.

"Spike I still feel so hurt by what you said...you know...about how our time together was just all 'part of the dance.' You sounded so cruel and it was like you were telling the truth." Buffy looked up at him with tears in her eyes and Spike rushed to her side peppering her face with reassuring kisses.

"I'm so sorry, kitten. I was trying to convince myself that it meant nothing. That you were human and it wasn't worth losing my heart to someone who would only be around for so short a time. That I could just finish you off and move on. I never thought there was a chance you would come to me until I realized you...enjoyed the tapes." He winced, realizing this was a touchy subject. Buffy looked down in shame but Spike lifted her chin so he could look into her eyes.

"I want you forever Buffy. That's what this is about. Forever," he said gently as he caressed her cheek.

Spike helped Buffy out of the tub and bundled her in the soft robe. He then carried her into his bedroom and laid her down on his huge bed. He saw her glance at the closet out of the corner of her eye and her face became sad for a moment.

"Are you still sure you want to do this Kitten?" he asked sitting down next to her on the bed. 'Please don't let her say no' he thought searching her face for any sign that she'd changed her mind.

"Yes, this is what I want," she gently smiled at him. "But Spike, there will only be me right? No more of those," she said gesturing to the closet of tapes.

"There will only be you. As long as you will have me," he said raising her hand to his lips.

"Why did you tape your conquests anyway?" she asked giving him a very serious look.

"I'm a big perv. When cameras first came out Dru and I got a hold of one while we were in Germany back in the twenties and started filming ourselves having sex. It's a weakness of mine," he smiled, hoping Buffy wouldn't be freaked out by his admission.

"Okay, more information than I needed," she said with a frown, turning away from him. "What about the tape you made of me..." she whispered, her back to him.

"I never made a tape of you." Spike looked down in shame. "I lied. After you left that night, and I thought we were over for good, I wished desperately that I had made a tape. So I guess that's where the lie came from--regret that I had no evidence of our lovemaking that I could watch over and over again as I rotted away for the next two hundred years."

Buffy sat up and stared at him for a moment and then launched herself into his arms.

"You don't know how happy that makes me," she said holding on to him desperately. "And don't ever do anything like that to me again!" She said giving him a playful whack on his chest. "Just talk to me next time. You know, even before the fight ever started I had no intention of killing you."

"Really?" Spike was completely taken aback.

"No, and then you had to go all psycho killer on me," she said pouting at him.

"I just assumed you wanted to dust me. That's why I played my little game. To see if I could get you to come to me," he said amazed. "From now on we'll have a good chat before we try to destroy each other."

Buffy laid back onto the bed bringing him with her. "So what do I do now?" she asked nipping at his bottom lip. Spike sat back up and looked at her with a very serious expression on his handsome face.

"This is not a casual thing Buffy. Turning you is the most serious, important thing I'll ever do in my long existence. There is a precise ritual to be followed," he said with a stern face. "And I've never done it before so I want to be sure I do it correctly. Especially since it involves you." He took both her hands in his own and brought them both to his lips. "I don't want anything to go wrong. I couldn't bare it if I hurt you in any way."

"I...I know. I'm just nervous." Part of her brain was demanding she run from the room immediately and never look back.

Spike lovingly unwrapped her from the robe and laid her naked in the center of his bed. She looked as stiff as a board lying there, so Spike leaned down and started kissing her plump little mouth. At first her lips were unyielding--she really was nervous--but slowly she parted her lips to his probing tongue and began to relax. His body felt good against hers and his hands felt delicious as they ran slowly over her curves. Then he reached into the drawers beside the bed and pulled out a large scarf, turned her over onto her stomach and tied her wrists tightly behind her back. He hadn't tired her up since their first night together and she immediately felt a flood of juice between her legs at the vulnerable position she was in without the use of her hands.

"I love you Buffy, you must believe me when I tell you that. I love you more than anything," he chanted as he slid his hands beneath her and arched her back up so he could attack her beautiful breasts with his hungry mouth. Buffy fell back limp in his arms, exposing her white throat to him. She raised her head and gasped at the sight of him nipping and sucking her hard nipples, and then drew in a sharp breath as she felt his fingers slide down her stomach between her legs. He slipped his fingers inside of her wet pussy and began teasing her clit. She struggled in his arms a little at his overwhelming touch but he held her firmly in place.

"Yes, luv. Fight against me, I like the feel of your writhing in my arms," he said in a low rumbling voice. He sounded menacing and it made her pussy cream even more as it was helplessly tormented by his fingers.

Spike stared at her beautiful round breasts thrust up into the air, heaving with her passion. He rose up to his knees, grabbed her around her tiny waist and lifted her dripping pussy to his mouth.

"So lovely," he whispered in between circling her entrance with his tongue and blowing gently on her swollen clit.

"Oh...Spike..oh my god..." Buffy panted. The more she struggled in his strong arms the tighter he clamped her upside down body against him. She could feel his massive hard cock pressed against her bound arms as she pushed her body off of him like a tight bow about to snap at any moment from too much pleasure.

Spike was in heaven. He teased her swollen clit with his tongue and ran his hands up and down her arching body playing it like a fine instrument. When she came she would writhe against him and he would wrap his strong arms around her waist and hold her tightly until she came down. He brought her to climax over and over again, his face buried between her beautiful thighs, glistening with her juices.

"Buffy, I need to be inside of you," he said lowering her down onto her back.

"I want to feel you inside of me," she said wishing she could wrap her arms around him.

"Pet, I need to confess, I want to make love to you, but I don't think I can turn you. I just don't think I can do it. You're so sweet and lovely..." he said looking down at her sadly and stroking her hair with a gentle hand. Buffy paused and closed her eyes for a moment, a brief wave of relief washed through her only to be replaced by disappointment. She felt his fingers run softly along her cheek. She had to go through with it. In order for them to truly be together he must turn her! Her eyes popped open and she noticed that he'd been staring at her with tears welling up in his eyes. Her mind was made up.

"Oh really," Buffy smiled wickedly and bucked her hips, twisting her body away from him. She saw a look of shock on his handsome face that was quickly replaced by determination as he was on her again in a second, pinning her down and trying to press his lips to hers.

"Buffy, sweetheart. What are you doing?" He'd almost reached her when she kicked him in the chest and he went flying against a wall. Buffy ripped her hands free of the scarf and did a back flip off of the bed, kicking him in the side of the head on her way down. Spike growled and lunged at her in full game face, tackling her onto the persian rug at the foot of the bed and knocking over an end table sending a wine bottle smashing into the wall. They thrashed around on the carpet together for several minutes until Buffy managed to grab Spike under the shoulders and send him flying head first through the bedroom window. Glass shattered everywhere as Spike rolled across the manicured lawn finally landing flat on his back. He looked up in time to see Buffy leaping through the shattered window to come after him. She looked like a fierce, naked warrior in the midst of battle and he'd never seen anything so beautiful.

"I thought you said from now on we'd have a good chat before we tried to destroy each other?" Spike huffed.

"Sorry, but I'm not much for small talk," Buffy quipped, standing with her hands on her hips, wondering if he was too injured to continue the fight.

Spike shot up to his feet and roared towards her, blood streaming down his face. When he was within four feet of her he dropped to the ground in a slide and knocked her over. Before she could get up again he was on top of her with his loose belt in his hand tying her arms above her head as she struggled against him.

"You son of a bitch no fair!" Buffy screamed as she bucked beneath him. She could feel that he was hard as rock against her thigh.

"I think we've seen enough action for one night princess," he hissed as he flipped her roughly onto her stomach and then pulled her to standing position by her bound arms. Buffy kicked back with her right leg trying to nail spike in the balls but he managed to avoid her attempts. He dragged her back through the broken window and tossed her face down onto the bed. When she clumsily tried to get to her feet again he locked his arms around her from behind and thrust his aching cock all the way inside of her in one swift stroke. She thrashed in his arms howling like a wild animal as he began to pound into her. He'd never been so turned on. He ran his hands up her taut stomach and squeezed her firm breasts as he pumped into her faster and faster. Buffy threw her head back and screamed, still struggling to get free. She was so wet she could feel it covering her thighs and dripping onto the bed. His cock was ramming her into at a frenzied pace and just as she was about to have the orgasm of her life she felt it--what she'd feared and longed for at the same time--Spike's fangs in her jugular. He clenched her neck in his jaws like a wildcat as her blood pumped into his throat. And what sweet blood it was--never had he tasted anything so delicious. Buffy continued to thrash wildly in his arms as her climax crashed into her and she lost all control.

"HARDER, SPIKE...MORE!" She cried as her life poured out of her and into him. Then she let out a piercing scream and collapsed in his arms.