Buffy was doing her absolute best to look dead sexy in a brown polyester uniform with a chicken hat on top of her head. Fifteen minutes earlier, a gorgeous man in his late twenties had come in. He was the most beautiful man Buffy had ever seen, with large blue eyes and perfect bone structure. His lips were incredible--she'd stared at them the whole time he'd been ordering his coffee in a luscious British accent. He was wearing a very expensive long, black leather coat that fit him perfectly--almost like it had been made for him.

She watched him carry his coffee over to a far table and sit down. She couldn't understand why, but every time she looked over at this handsome creature he was checking her out. How could this be? Buffy did her best to push her small, pert breasts out as she stood behind the counter. 'This is ridiculous', she thought to herself slumping back to her normal posture 'there must be some other reason this guy is staring at me'. A moment later Buffy looked up to see Parker and his friends coming through the doorway.

"Buffy! Don't you look ravishing tonight. Love the hat. " Parker said loudly with an evil grin on his face. His friends were all laughing and making chicken sounds behind him.

"What'll you guys have", Buffy said dryly, wanting to get this over with.

"We'll, I've already had you, so I guess I'll just get the Double Meat special. I'm sure it'll be more satisfying," Parker said as he leaned into the counter. His friends burst into laughter as Buffy's face turned beet red.

"Sorry about Angel standing you up for the prom but we were hanging out the other day and I let it slip what a lousy lay you are," Parker leered as he and his friends grabbed their trays and headed over to a booth.

Buffy stood frozen, unable to make any sort of reply to Parker's verbal onslaught. She could tell from her peripheral vision that the gorgeous man she'd been trying to impress earlier had seen the entire exchange. She couldn't face him. She turned away from the counter and headed into the back to sit on one of the crates by the back door. She glanced at the clock. Thank God it was the end of her shift! She felt the need to go out and kill a truckload of vampires.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Spike watched the tiny blond girl turn away from the counter and head into the back. He'd seen the helpless devastation on her face as that stupid git had tormented her.

That demon he'd met at Willy's bar had to be wrong. This was some kind of joke. The slayer would never be named "Buffy" and she would never work in a burger joint with a stupid chicken hat on her head. And above all, she would never let a little piss ant like this Parker talk down to her. He'd find that demon and skin him alive. Make a nice decoration for his den.

Spike got up and stalked out of the restaurant. He started up the engine of his mint condition Desoto. Beautiful. Nothing like big, black, classic American cars he smiled to himself as he screeched out of his parking spot onto Silverlake Blvd. He didn't feel like going home. He was supposed to have a drink with a model he'd met at the downtown Standard a few nights ago but he wasn't hungry. He felt like killing things. Things that fought him back.

He roared down the street and then swung onto the drive of a large graveyard. He parked his car below a tree and got out. The place was desolate but he could hear something--distant fighting. He walked quickly toward the sounds and stopped when he reached a clearing. There in the moonlight, still dressed in her Doublemeat Palace uniform was the slayer. She was a five foot two ball of hell fury. Spike had never seen anything like her. She was taking on eleven vamps at once and all he could see was the pale flash of spikes as she filled the air with their dust. At one point she flipped twelve feet into the air landing behind a pack of vamps and then impaled them all before they had a chance to even turn around. She was magnificent. Spike had never seen anything so exciting. How could this be the same girl he saw earlier? After all of the vamps had been dusted he stepped out from the shadows clapping his hands, staring at her in awe.

"Very impressive Slayer, I must say it's been a long time since I've had such a good show," he said walking towards the stunned girl.

Buffy couldn't believe her eyes. It was that gorgeous man who'd been checking her out at work. 'Of course! That's why he'd been staring at her. He was a vamp. He'd come looking for the slayer', she thought with disappointment. Why else would he pay attention to her.

Spike noticed how the Slayer's face went from confusion to sadness in a matter of seconds. He could guess why. He'd seen her pushing her cute little tits out at him before the git and his friends had shown up. He'd taken the time to appreciate them too.

Buffy stepped forward. "Who are you", she asked confidently crossing her arms across her chest. The guy was here for business and so was she.

"The name is Spike or William the Bloody as I used to be called, though I do prefer that my friends call me Spike," he said taking a step closer to her. He could feel the electricity between them. He couldn't wait to get his hands on her.

Buffy felt the blood drain out of her face. This was a master vampire. She'd never seen one before because most preferred to stay in Europe. But this wasn't just any master vampire, this was one famous for killing slayers. She'd read about him in some of the books Giles left behind when he went back to England. Buffy tried to hide the fact that she was trembling. He must not see that she was afraid.

"What do you want," she asked nonchalantly.

"To fight and kill you," Spike replied with a wicked grin on his face.

"Okay William, Bring it on," Buffy said grimly, dropping into a fighting stance.