Spike was in heaven, or as close as he would ever get. He was having the fight of his life with this tiny slayer. She was just as fast and strong as he was. He'd just thrown her twenty feet to crash into the wall of a crypt and she'd leapt back to her feet in a split second, her huge green eyes flashing with anger. She was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen as she lunged at him and then launched herself into the air to give him a powerful kick in the head that sent him flying into a tombstone. Before he could get up, he felt her foot impact his chest. He grabbed her around the ankle and yanked her off her feet. She landed on her hands and whipped both her legs around his neck and flipped herself over, slamming him into another tombstone several feet away. He got up quickly, still reeling from the feel of her strong thighs clamped around his neck. His cock was rock hard.

"Slayer, we were made to dance together," Spike rumbled in a low, sexy voice as he lunged at her, knocking her to the ground. They tumbled across the grass until they finally came to rest with Spike on top of her.

"Yeah, well I think the song is just about over," Buffy ground out as she readied herself to kick him off of her. She gripped a stake in her left hand that she planned on spearing him with in mid air. He'd hit the ground in a plume of dust and she could go home and shower the burger grease and Spike right off of her.

Then something happened to ruin her plan. The moment before her foot made contact with his stomach, he leaned down and hissed, "I wouldn't mind taking you for a spin Slayer, but I heard earlier that you're not much of a ride." He glared at her lasciviously and ran his tongue over his top teeth, waiting to feel her kick but it never came.

Buffy froze, her eyes wide in confusion and shame. She just lay there and stared up at him unable to move. Before he could even register what was going on, Spike had both her arms pinned down and his fangs pressed against her throat. Buffy closed her eyes and waited for the inevitable throat rippage but after a full minute ticked away in her head she never even felt his fangs break her skin. Instead, she felt him remove his mouth from her neck and lift himself off of her. She slowly opened her eyes to see him looming over her with a dark look on his face. The joyful gleam that had danced in his blue eyes just a moment before was replaced with anger.

"Just what the bloody hell was that?" Spike yelled as he began pacing back and forth in front of her like a caged animal.

"What do you mean?" Buffy replied, confused by the situation. 'I should be dead,' she thought to herself as she involuntarily reached up to feel her throat.

"One minute you're fighting me like a goddess of destruction and the next you're just giving in! Lying there like a frightened little girl! What kind of an ending to a fight is that?" Spike fumed.

"Well I'm sorry my death struggle wasn't up to your standards!" Buffy yelled, getting up from the ground and dusting herself off.

"Damn right it wasn't," Spike said waving his arms in the air in exasperation. "Everything was going fine until..." he stopped mid sentence, lowering his arms down slowly and then narrowing his eyes at her.

"I need to get home", Buffy said quickly spinning on her heel. She'd read his mind and decided she wanted to put some distance between them so she wouldn't have to hear him finish his sentence.

"What'll you do when word gets around in the vamp community that the slayer's no good in the ol' sack? Turn your back on them and slink away with your tail between your legs?"

Buffy stopped mid stride and looked at the ground. 'He would do that,' she thought to herself. 'That's what men always do, spread the word around.' She turned to face him. Spike stood there with a cocky look on his handsome face.

"You can take the punches no problem, Slayer, but fighting is about a lot more than that," Spike said taking a step towards her.

"You're probably right, Spike, so why don't you just put me out of my misery. I'm no good in bed. I spend my evenings flipping burgers so I can make rent for an apartment the size of shoe box and at school I'm considered an all around loser. So let's just end this right here!" Buffy yelled striding up to him until she was just inches away from his chest. She looked up at him defiantly, her eyes full of fire, expecting him to attack at any moment. Instead he slowly leaned down and took her face in his hands.

"You're not ready, pet. When I finally kill you I want you to go down not because I've gotten under your thin skin, but because I've crushed every bone in your beautiful little body and you just can't get up on your feet anymore. I want a good fight, Buffy, and I'll do whatever it takes to get one out of you." Spike pulled his hands away from her soft cheeks and took a step back. Buffy was rooted to the spot, the feel of his cool hands still on her blushing face.

"It's late. Let me take you home," he gestured towards his car.

Trying to digest his brutal words and recover from the loving feel of his hands, Buffy walked along next to him until she reached his car. He opened the door for her and she got inside. She watched him as he slipped into the drivers seat and started up the engine. This had to be one of the strangest nights of her life.