In the past two months Buffy's life had taken a complete turn and she knew she owed it all to Spike. Just a few days after that crazy night when they first met, she'd gotten a call from an agent who'd asked her to come to a meeting. Buffy tried to explain to the woman that she must have made some kind of mistake because Buffy had no experience, but the agent had insisted, so she'd gone to her offices after school. One week later she'd gotten the role as one of the main models in a national commercial for Alamay cosmetics. They'd given her a complete makeover, a check for twenty five thousand dollars and was told this was only the beginning.

For a while at school she was known as "that incredibly hot new girl" until people realized that it was her. Angel apologized, giving her his best lost puppy look as he tried asking her out again. She'd had the pleasure of just laughing in his face and turning her back on him. Parker and his friends just gawked at her and didn't say anything as she walked by.

Life was good.

So now she stood on Spike's doorstep. His house was huge! She'd finally gotten her agent to spill that Spike had set up their initial meeting--though she insisted that Buffy's own beauty and talents had done the rest. Buffy had also managed to pry his address out of her and she'd driven over to his house in her new hot pink VW bug. She rang the doorbell and waited nervously. She checked her watch, it was seven pm when vampires usually just wake up so she thought there was a good chance he would be home. She heard footsteps coming to the door and then a pause. 'He must be looking at me through the peephole,' she thought wishing she could check her hair once more.

Spike stared through the peephole at the Slayer standing on his doorstep. She looked beautiful. Her hair was a lighter shade of blond and cut so that it fell in soft waves around her face. She was wearing a stylish blue dress that showed off her tiny waist and rounded curves. He felt his cock harden as she bent over to smooth a crease in her skirt and he got nice view of her beautiful little tits. She'd done well. He'd known that she would. He'd eaten enough models to know what it takes to make it in the world of beauty and fashion. Though too tiny for the runway, she was perfect on film. Her agent had sent him some of the test photos to show him how well his protege was doing. He kept them in a drawer by his bed and pulled them out every now and then--when he was thinking about their upcoming fight of course.

Spike opened the door and Buffy gazed up at him. He looked breathtaking standing there in black pants and no shirt. His arms and chest were beautifully muscled beneath smooth alabaster skin. His feet were bare and she took a moment to appreciate that even his feet were gorgeous.

"Would you like to come in Slayer or do you just want to stand out there and ogle me?" Spike smirked down at her.

Buffy blushed, realizing that she'd been standing there for nearly a full minute just taking in every detail of his fabulous, half-naked body. She stepped into the entrance and looked around.

"This place is amazing," she said staring at the massive persian rugs sprawled across the floor and the stained glass windows across the front depicting egyptian scenes of a moon goddess.

"What brings you here Slayer," Spike asked, guiding her towards the living room.

Buffy sank back into a silken couch and took the glass of wine that he offered her. Spike sat down across from her and began sipping his drink.

"So are you ready to fight? Is that why you're here?" Spike said, leaning forward with a twinkle in his eyes.

A look of disappointment crossed Buffy's face and then quickly disappeared behind a soft smile.

"I just came by to thank you for all you've done for me," she said quietly.

"No need to thank me, from what your agent tells me you've done it all yourself."

"But I never would have even gotten the chance if it hadn't been for you," she said leaning forward, a look of pure adoration in her eyes.

Spike felt uncomfortable with the Slayer looking at him like that.

"So when can we fight?" he asked in a flat voice, not looking at her.

Buffy hesitated before answering. She could no longer hide her disappointment. She thought perhaps he'd helped her because he cared for her. She could still feel his soft hands on her cheeks the night they fought. And though at the time he'd been explaining how he was going to break every bone in her body, she'd felt so much love in that touch. Perhaps she'd imagined it.

"That's all that this is about, isn't it?" Buffy said sadly, looking down at the lush carpet below her feet.

"Of course. My intentions in helping you have been purely selfish. I told you that from the beginning. Now, are you ready to fight?" He repeated again in a louder voice.

"How should I know if I'm ready?" Buffy replied in a weary voice. She felt so hurt. She wished she hadn't come.

"Well, pet, you certainly look like you are, and you seem pretty confident. But the big question is how are things going in the Slayer's bedroom?" Spike arched an eyebrow at her and then got up to refill his glass. Though he knew this was her achilles heel, he wasn't sure he wanted to hear. At what point had he become the Slayer's damn counselor?

"What do you mean?" Buffy replied, shifting in her seat uncomfortably.

"I mean have you been going on dates and gettin shagged luv?" Spike asked in an annoyed voice.

Buffy blushed and hesitated before she replied, "I've been asked out a lot, but I haven't gone on any."

Spike was relieved and peeved at the same time. As he sat and studied her squirming in her seat, he realized that despite the fact that the slayer now had money and a makeover, it might be months or years before she trusted anyone enough to let them get close enough to screw her again. It'd take forever to get her through this damn insecurity and he didn't have that kind of patience. It had already been two months and he was at the end of his rope. He got up from his chair and began pacing.

"What's wrong?" Buffy said, eyeing him warily.

"Was Parker your first?" He asked turning towards her.

"And last," she snorted, trying to lighten the heavy mood that has suddenly descended on the blond vampire.

"I'll help you," he said stopping in front of her and looking down into her shocked face.

"With what?" Buffy asked innocently though she knew exactly what he was talking about. Her heart raced.

"Sex," he said matter of factly, though he was nervously awaiting her response.

"I know you're all eager for your fantasy fight with the 'slayer of no weakness' and in return for the help you've given me, I'm going to do my best to give you that fight. But I don't need your charity Spike." Buffy said angrily getting up from the couch. She stalked towards the door only to be stopped by a strong arm that slammed her up against the wall.

"It wouldn't be charity," he said, crushing his mouth down on hers in a passionate kiss.