Being the girlfriend of a musician definitely had its pros and cons come New Year's Eve. On the one hand, Buffy had to spent most of the evening just watching her boyfriend as he performed on stage instead of actually being with him. On the other, she got to spend most of the evening watching her boyfriend perform on stage.

Buffy couldn't think of a time when Spike wasn't sexy. His every move was done with pure masculine grace, every bit of him oozing sex appeal. But when he was on stage… He was completely in his element when he was in front of a crowd, their cheers and claps feeding him. He commanded the attention of the audience, and Buffy noticed that more than a few of the women were swooning. A crowd of them had gathered at the bottom of the stage, and were screaming for him, a couple looking like they were going to faint when he turned and smiled at them with his tongue curled against his teeth.

At the moment, it didn't make her jealous. Quite the contrary. It made her proud. Those women could look all they wanted, but she was the one who would be going home with him that night.

Buffy felt an elbow nudge her slightly from the side followed by a voice speaking in her ear. "I know what you're thinking about."

She turned towards the woman who had spoken—Mona, the girlfriend of the band's drummer, Rory. In the months that Buffy had been dating Spike, she'd come to regard Mona as a friend, always seeking her out whenever she came to see Spike perform. "Oh yeah? Then what am I thinking about?" she replied.

"How much you want to do that gorgeous man up on the stage," Mona replied with a smirk. "It's all over your face."

Buffy couldn't help her giggle. "Pretty much. I'm so lucky."

Mona chuckled, but didn't say anything else, the noise level in the club making it difficult to carry on a conversation. Buffy rested her head in her hands as she turned her attention back to Spike, a smile breaking over her face. She was so in love that it made her giddy, and she was happy just to get to watch him. Several times during the night, he'd tossed a look her way, giving her a wink or a smile, just enough to make her feel tingly. She felt drunk on the sight of him alone.

The band announced their break, and Spike jumped down from the stage, avoiding his female admirers as he did, instead heading straight for Buffy. He kissed her as soon as he reached her, earning her a few glares, but Buffy didn't care about that at all. Spike was hers, after all.

"You two get a room," Mona teased as she got to her feet. "You're like lovesick teenagers."

Buffy turned to her, noticing the way the corner of the other woman's mouth was curved up in an almost-smile. "It's not my fault he's completely irresistible," she said.

"Can't say that I blame you," Mona replied. "I'd be all over him if he was mine, too." She gave Spike a playful wink.

Spike laughed. "Think I'd get myself into some trouble that way, Mo," he said. "With that man right over there." He nodded towards Rory.

"Eh, he'd deal," Mona said with a wave of her hand. "But I'm going over there to see him now—give you two some alone time." With a wink, she turned and left Buffy and Spike on their own.

"You looked so hot up there," Buffy said, her hand traveling up Spike's thigh. "I love watching you sing."

Spike's smile morphed into a leer as he leaned in closer to Buffy, his lips against her ear. "That so, pet? How about we use my break to sneak off for a bit, hmm?"

Buffy practically moaned at just the thought. She took Spike's hand, ready to take him up on his offer and pull him off somewhere where they could find a little privacy when a high-pitched screech brought her to a stop and put her nerves on edge.

"Blondie Bear? Oh my god, is that really you? Wow, I can't believe I ran into you here!"

Buffy might have found the look on Spike's face comical if she could find anything having to do with him and Harmony funny. As it was, she just wanted to grab the other woman by the hair and let her know in no uncertain terms that ever coming near Spike again would get her at the very least maimed. But that was childish and smacked of insecurity, and Buffy knew she had nothing to be insecure about. Spike wanted her, not the Barbie wannabe currently hanging over their table.

"Harm…" Spike began, his teeth now set on edge. "I've been on stage all night, not to mention there have been flyers announcing my band performing here around for weeks. There is no way that you 'running into me' is a coincidence."

Harmony rolled her eyes overdramatically. "Like I'd plan to see you. I'm not totally desperate, Spikey." Her expression changed and she smiled in a way that she probably thought was seductive. Buffy thought it made her look drunk and more than a little cross-eyed. "It must've just been fate, bringing us together again. I mean, I'm here alone, you're here alone…"

"Hello!" Buffy yelled, finally deciding it was time to speak up. "He is not here alone."

Harmony turned to Buffy and somehow managed to glare and give a fake smile at the same time. "Oh, hi, Bitzy. I like totally didn't see you sitting there! You don't mind if I borrow Spikey for a bit, do you?"

"It's Buffy. And yes, I mind. As a matter of fact, I mind so much that if you touch him, I will rip your arm off. Got that Harm?"

Harmony did have the sense to look a little frightened, though not the sense to leave the table. Or not to say the next thing that came to her mind. "Oh my god, Spike, don't tell me you're with her! Ew!"

Fury coursed through Buffy's body. She hated to think about Spike being with anyone else, especially someone like Harmony. She wondered what Spike would be doing that night if he wasn't with her. Would he be going home with Harmony or would he take his pick from the other women there more than willing to throw themselves into his arms? Spike was gorgeous enough as it was, but add in the fact that he was the lead singer of the band, and he was practically covered in skank-nip.

"Yes, he is with me," Buffy said as she got to her feet. "And we were about to go have a quickie between sets, so if you'll excuse us…" She pulled Spike up by his arm and practically dragged him away from the table and into a storeroom in the back.

Spike swallowed as Buffy shut the door behind them. "Pet, what are you…" He stopped short when Buffy turned around and he saw the look in her eyes. In the months they'd spent together, she'd never looked at him quite like that before.

"You're mine," Buffy said before she tackled him, her legs going around his waist and her arms around his neck. Spike stumbled backwards until he hit the wall, but Buffy didn't stop or even slow. She attacked him with her mouth, raining kisses and sharp nips up his neck and jaw line.

"Oh god, Buffy…" Spike groaned as he wrapped his arms around her waist, his erection already needy against her as her aggression got him ready in record time.

"You're mine," Buffy said again, taking his earlobe in her mouth and tugging on it with her teeth.

"Yes, baby, all yours," Spike replied, his words thick with lust. "All yours."

Buffy's hands slipped between their bodies to open his pants and pull his cock out as he pushed her skirt up and over her hips. Her thong was easily moved to the side, and Spike slid inside her, finding her already more than wet enough to accommodate him.

Their current position made it hard for Spike to get any leverage, and he spun them around so Buffy now had her back against the wall. She gasped as it pushed him in deeper, let him thrust harder.

Buffy didn't try to hold in her cries, didn't try to hide what they were doing in here from anyone outside the door. She wanted them to know. Harmony, the women at the bottom of the stage, she wanted them all to know that Spike was not theirs. He was hers.

She leaned in and latched on to his neck, sucking hard on the flesh there, marking him. She wanted it big enough to be seen from the stage, wanted every woman who looked at him to know he was taken.

She could tell from the sounds Spike was making that he was close, and soon his talented fingers were between their bodies, stroking her clit until she was screaming in orgasm, her inner muscles milking him as he followed her over a split second later.

"Bloody hell," Spike gasped as he released her legs. Buffy trembled against him, one arm wrapped tightly around him for support as the other worked to right her clothes. Spike tucked himself back in his jeans and pulled his zipper up with regret.

"Mmm…" Buffy purred, satiated, as she licked the spot she'd left on Spike's neck.

Spike's mouth went to the top of her head, and he murmured against her hair, "You gave me a hickey, didn't you?"

Buffy giggled. "Mmhmm."

"Easier than writing 'Property of Buffy Summers' across my forehead?"

"Yup."

Spike couldn't help but revel in her possessiveness. He was hers completely, and he couldn't be happier about it. Still, he wanted to make sure she knew it, too. "You don't have to worry about Harmony, pet. She doesn't mean anything to me. You're the only woman I want."

Buffy nuzzled her body against his. "I know. But I want to make sure she knows that, too. I want all of them to know."

Spike lifted his head and took her chin in his hand, tilting her face so he can look into her eyes. "Do they bother you, Buffy? Tell me honestly."

Buffy shook her head. "Not as long as they keep your hands off. I mean, you're gorgeous, so there's no way they're not going to be all drooly about you. I can't blame them for that. But at the same time, I have to stake my claim. You're quite a catch, and you're mine." She grinned at him. "Gotta make sure they all know they can look, but not touch."

Spike's hands trailed down to her bottom and he grabbed her, pushing her closer to him again. "You're the only one who gets to touch, baby."

Buffy's breathing grew heavy again, her hands gripping the fabric of his t-shirt. "Good. I like touching. Don't wanna stop touching…"

Spike dipped his head, capturing her lips for a kiss. Already he wanted her again, the taste of her making him feel drunk with desire. When he told her she was the only woman he wanted touching him, he'd been speaking with complete honesty. Since the first time she'd touched him, his need had become focused, centered on Buffy and Buffy alone. No woman had ever captured him the way she had, not even Drusilla. She was his sexual equal, and Spike knew that no other woman would ever be able to make him feel what Buffy did. Why go for something new when he already had the best?

He wanted to stay with her in that storage room. Hell, he wanted to take her home and make love to her over and over again until they feel asleep, exhausted, in each other's arms. But he still had another set to do, and the rush he got from being on stage was the closest thing he knew to being with Buffy, even if it did fall into second place. He'd finish the gig and then bring her home, ring in the New Year right.

"I have to get back on stage, luv," Spike said as he broke away, his lips still almost touching hers.

"I know," Buffy replied, though her voice had a tone of regret. "More later?"

"You better believe it, baby." Drawn to her, Spike kissed her again, unable to resist another taste of her lips. After a moment, he pulled away, panting. He took a deep breath, trying to get control of himself so he could go back to perform. "Right. Later."

"Later," Buffy agreed with a nod.

They walked out back into the club together, Buffy wrapped around Spike's arm. It was obvious to anyone with an ounce of perception what they'd been doing. Buffy caught Harmony's eye from across the room and gave her a smug smile, enjoying the look the blonde woman gave her in response. Asking her if she could "borrow" Spike… Just the thought of that made Buffy want to throttle her. She was secure enough in her relationship to believe Spike when he told her she was the only woman he wanted—she just wanted to make sure Harmony and the other women there like her knew it as well.

Spike brought her back over to the table, Mona there again. "We were beginning to wonder if you were gonna come back and finish the set or not, Spike," Mona teased with a smile.

"I got a little distracted," Spike replied.

"I see that," Mona said, gesturing to Spike's neck. "Have a good time?"

Spike grinned, the expression answer enough. He leaned down and kissed Buffy before hopping back up on stage to start the next set.

Mona glanced over at Buffy and shook her head, clicking her tongue. Buffy giggled. "Well, do you blame me?"

"Not a bit," Mona replied. "Not one bit."

*** *** ***


A minute before midnight, Spike pulled Buffy up on stage with him. He held her a small distance from him, looking into her eyes as the last seconds of the year ticked away.

Soon, the people around them began to count down, but Buffy and Spike remained silent, their focus completely on each other, their bodies trembling with the need to touch.

At the shouts of "One!" followed by a myriad of "Happy New Years," their lips met, ringing in the year with a passionate kiss. With the feel of Spike against her, Buffy knew in her heart that this year would be the best she'd known in a long time.

*** *** ***


No, you're not going crazy. That really was two posts to this fic in a week. And guess what? Barring RL being annoying *knock on wood* there's going to be two next week as well, most likely on Tuesday and Thursday. (Though don't panic if it turns out to be Wednesday and Friday or something. I'm not setting anything in stone.)

Please take a moment to review!